Post-Game Talk: 2022 NHL Playoffs - Round 2: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Florida Panthers | 4-0 WIN

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I expect this next series to be more physical and nasty, I think both teams are more inclined to empty the tank when there isn't a lot of travel involved. IMO, this should be the best series of the postseason in terms of excitement, regardless of the score and outcome

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Florida isn't a team we can poke fun at anymore, they are damn good and in all of the right ways. I don't want to look ahead to possible other series matchups, but is probably the toughest opponent left physically in the postseason. Barkov is the best defensive center in the league and will lock down a line all on his own.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Puddytat fans in reality knowing they have to play us AGAIN to advance:

michaenyu.gif

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
So if Point isn't in, who do we bring up? ABB seems like the obvious choice, but I don't like it. I think Nash or Fortier might be better. Fortier for his speed and tenacity. Nash because he could play with Perry and Maroon, and we can move up Bellemare.

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side
So if Point isn't in, who do we bring up? ABB seems like the obvious choice, but I don't like it. I think Nash or Fortier might be better. Fortier for his speed and tenacity. Nash because he could play with Perry and Maroon, and we can move up Bellemare.

Hmm, Bellemare's game feels built for the 4th line. I'd rather move up Perry, if he can handle the minutes.

I think we'll go 11-7 for a couple games and see what happens (assuming Rutta isn't hurt).

Reactions: Hoek

Ducati Boy

HF Original
Feb 7, 2018
I don’t expect to win game 1 against the Panthers.

In fact, I would consider starting Elliot, to give Vasi a break, because we’d be more careful defensively with our back up in, and, mostly, because it would throw Florida for a loop.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Hmm, Bellemare's game feels built for the 4th line. I'd rather move up Perry, if he can handle the minutes.

I think we'll go 11-7 for a couple games and see what happens (assuming Rutta isn't hurt).
Perry is too slow to put anywhere for long periods of time during a game. Bellemare can play pretty with between pretty much everyone. Might actually be interesting to try Bellemare on the top line for a few offensive zone shifts just to win a f***ing draw.

Reactions: JDBolt and U55

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
So we play Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday and Monday. Sounds awesome having a back to back as your game 3 and 4. If that ain't some shit.

We will be home those two and we know how those go. Great stuff.

Reactions: U55

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
A b2b with these two teams? Yeah, the NHL is slanting the ice towards Florida. Even thought it's at home, that's just brutal. What stupid meaningless concert is blocking our boys from playing at Amalie on Saturday????????

AHockeyFanatic

Champa Bay
Jul 4, 2021
It's going to be insanely tough if Point can't go. We already have trouble matching their offensive depth with him.

The one plus is I think the main thing that made the last series against the Panthers difficult is because we didn't expect them to play the way they did. This time around not only do we have that experience we also got a warmup against a very similar fast break high octane offense in the Leafs. Should hopefully be locked in on how to counter that from the first puck drop this time.
Florida is literally Toronto, they are the same team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad