Post-Game Talk: 2022 NHL Playoffs - Round 2: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Florida Panthers | 4-0 WIN

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
So we meet again.

Q3MB3WQDSSIHUROVDOZ6YIVFPI.jpg

Last edited:

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
We're going to need Stammer to play better than he did against Toronto, Killorn has to show up as well, and Vasy needs to be much closer to game 7 Vasy than 1-6 Vasy. Maroon and Perry also need to contribute in some way.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

TheSchmidt

Dec 28, 2013
Washington routinely outplayed Florida in that series. Washington is good, but that was very surprising. Expected an Avs/Preds type beat down.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
we need to play like we did in game 7. people say vasy was finally himself there but i think it's all about putting in the effort defensively and vasy will come through.

Reactions: NatoGhost

twenty5psi

Feb 27, 2018
Hope the series starts on Tuesday and not Monday, boys could use the extra day after that series and gives Pointer another day.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Healthy scratch. Probably him leading the team in PIM while playing one game is a part of the reason for that
hes 6th in the playoffs with only 8 minutes of TOI lol. Clifford has him beat with 15 PIM in 49 seconds of TOI

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
As things stand, I'd consider two teams left in the playoffs the favorites over us in a series: Panthers and the Avs. This is a step up from the Leafs, we won't be able to get away with lazy breakout passes, defensive breakdowns and Vasi being subpar.

On thing I gotta say though. If we make the finals against the Avalanche, then I think we'd have faced 3 teams tougher than any team we did in 2020 or 21. These playoffs are absolutely brutal.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Looking at the schedule for both arenas, my guess is they start Monday and Wednesday in Sunrise, Friday/Sunday here due to Kane Brown at Amalie on Saturday. and then Tuesday in Sunrise, Thursday back in Tampa, and Game 7 on Saturday in Sunrise

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
If we can play like in game 7 against Toronto, then I like our chances. No goalie can match Vasy when he is on top of his game and when we lock down the games like that, we are damn scary. Add the fact that special teams should favour us and we have an edge in these low-scoring games where you have to grind for goals.

If we have some scoring duel with them, with lot of goals and open plays, then they will take the series. Their offense is more potent, especially if Kuch, Stamkos, Killer and Palat are so-so and Point is out..

I hope they will learn from previous series, both looking at what Caps did well and on areas in our own game that can be improved, such as face-offs.

Some players will have to be better now if we want to advance, as simple as that it is (looking at the two top lines).

Shame we didn't get a day or two more rest, I hope they have the energy for another really tough series.

Reactions: NatoGhost and Hoek

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I'll be starting a new job tomorrow so it'll be tough to watch this series apart from the weekend. Hopefully not too much hockey chatter at the office so that I could possibly go through the days without spoilers.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
It's going to be insanely tough if Point can't go. We already have trouble matching their offensive depth with him.

The one plus is I think the main thing that made the last series against the Panthers difficult is because we didn't expect them to play the way they did. This time around not only do we have that experience we also got a warmup against a very similar fast break high octane offense in the Leafs. Should hopefully be locked in on how to counter that from the first puck drop this time.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
I think it'll be an harder series than the Toronto one. Because FLA is better than the Leafs.
With or without Point, we need to play every single minute with urgency, without allowing too many penalties and breakaways.
I mean: if we play like in games 1-6, we won't have any chance.
FLA is damn good this year. And his confidence is at the highest level.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
As things stand, I'd consider two teams left in the playoffs the favorites over us in a series: Panthers and the Avs. This is a step up from the Leafs, we won't be able to get away with lazy breakout passes, defensive breakdowns and Vasi being subpar.

On thing I gotta say though. If we make the finals against the Avalanche, then I think we'd have faced 3 teams tougher than any team we did in 2020 or 21. These playoffs are absolutely brutal.
Do not sleep on the canes. They look good

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad