Post-Game Talk: 2022 NHL Playoffs - Round 2: Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Florida Panthers | 4-0 WIN

LordZapp

Jan 31, 2015
Texas
Panthers are scary, but weirdly i like this matchup better than toronto. Cambell legit had me thinking we were going golfing, bobs i know we can beat.

Reactions: JDBolt

Ducati Boy

HF Original
Feb 7, 2018
I think the same game 7 strategy as used against the Leafs could do well against the panthers.

Concede the outside, let their flashy forwards pass it around, and go for blocks in the shooting lanes (as deflections are not Vasi’s strength).

Against their D, drive to the net for one good chance through the middle as the Florida defense can be pulled out of position like the Leafs’ D were. Don’t give them time to set up a D box.

(posted the same thing in the wrong thread earlier)

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
“Thanks for popping in just to rag on a guy who paid for a ticket, left in a moment of frustration, and had the guts to post that he did so.

And as much as I hate to say this: I really hope the Tampa Bay area domestic abuse hotline gets a lot of action in the next two weeks.”

Lmao. Panthers fans rooting for woman beating. Florida fan = Florida man.

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Are our Games 1-4 confirmed for Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun yet?

There’s a website that says 2 games will be on ESPN those days (early and late time slot). Gotta imagine we’d be playing then for the early time slots since there’s no way CAR/NYR-PIT will play tomorrow.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
“Thanks for popping in just to rag on a guy who paid for a ticket, left in a moment of frustration, and had the guts to post that he did so.

And as much as I hate to say this: I really hope the Tampa Bay area domestic abuse hotline gets a lot of action in the next two weeks.”

What the heck is wrong with some people

twenty5psi

Feb 27, 2018
Maybe I’m just feeling good after last night, but IMO that version of Toronto probably beats Florida? Toronto played extremely well for basically every game of the series except for Game’s 2 and 4. Florida is extremely good no doubt but I do think we have a shot if Vasy is rounding into form and we get Point back during the series. Washington seemed to give Florida issues even 5v5 on zone exits, which is like the #1 no no vs. Cooper’s system.

gn2007

Nov 21, 2009
Shelby Township, MI
Lomberg and Marchment punching bag season. But seriously the panthers PP was abysmal against the caps if their special team is ass this is easily our series. But play disciplined boys!!!

bigdaddio

Jan 22, 2019
Florida and Toronto play a similar game. We adjusted to Toronto better as the series went on. One thing for sure, I don't see us getting decimated in faceoffs like we did against the Leafs. That was their edge they would roll out Matthews every offensive faceoff and win about 2/3rds of them. That is such an advantage that hopefully we don't have to face.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL

Between that and the one disturbing Cats fan on Twitter that keeps posting about how the GM and various players have permission to do their mom...

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Caps outplayed Panthers. I don't think Panthers will play as well as Leafs did in 1st round but even so we depend on Vasi playing like game 7 or we will not win this

LordZapp

Jan 31, 2015
Texas
I worry about huberdeau doing what he did to us last year. It seemed like our defense couldn't do shit about him constantly entering our zone with ease and creating scoring opportunities. I like our chances if we slow him down more than we did last year. Those high scoring games were mostly due to us not having an answer for him. Also think we shouldnt overlook the fact that they have ekblad and a healthy Barkov who I belive got hurt mid series last year. Last year Hedman was average, so hopefully he continues his level of play. Still like this more than Toronto, because Florida's offense I don't feel is quite as potent and we might actually be able to win some face offs..

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014

Florida Man jokes are played out and pretty lame. Also, he was obviously not seriously rooting for domestic violence.

Reactions: Summer Rose

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Florida Man jokes are played out and pretty lame. Also, he was obviously not seriously rooting for domestic violence.
Hey thanks for defending Florida man, the panthers, and assigning intent to an unknown poster in another unmemorable post, @Flat Ronnie

Really, just solid post to defend domestic abuse jokes. You really shouldered that burden.

Last edited:

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Hey thanks for defending Florida man, the panthers, and assigning intent to an unknown poster in another unmemorable post, @Flat Ronnie

Really, just solid post to defend domestic abuse jokes. You really shouldered that burden.
Lol lighten up, Francis. Florida Man jokes are lazy and unfunny. I dont give two f***s about the Panthers and have been posting on here as a Lightning fan since like 04. And you just contradicted yourself by admitting that the dude was telling a JOKE (regardless of how tasteless it was) and wasn't really calling for domestic violence.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Lol lighten up, Francis. Florida Man jokes are lazy and unfunny. I dont give two f***s about the Panthers and have been posting on here as a Lightning fan since like 04. And you just contradicted yourself by admitting that the dude was telling a JOKE (regardless of how tasteless it was) and wasn't really calling for domestic violence.
Lmao. Called him Francis...

@RussianGuyovich youre backing down from this?

I worry about huberdeau doing what he did to us last year. It seemed like our defense couldn't do shit about him constantly entering our zone with ease and creating scoring opportunities. I like our chances if we slow him down more than we did last year. Those high scoring games were mostly due to us not having an answer for him. Also think we shouldnt overlook the fact that they have ekblad and a healthy Barkov who I belive got hurt mid series last year. Last year Hedman was average, so hopefully he continues his level of play. Still like this more than Toronto, because Florida's offense I don't feel is quite as potent and we might actually be able to win some face offs..
Ekblad is also on one leg. Playing injured right now. Also, i can't believe how young he is. Thought he was like 28 or 29 and the dude is 26. f***.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
whos the new guy?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad