Pre-Game Talk: 2022 NHL Playoffs: Around The League

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I'd say Rangers PP is something to be concerned about but we did a decent job against Toronto and Florida power plays.

Igor is really the only thing to worry about. If he gets hot it could be quite the battle.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Ah, FYI... ok, we won against Toronto, but we played really bad against their depth.
Vasy was not at his best and the entire defense had tons of problem to shut them down.
If Tavares had not wasted the chance he had in G6 OT, we would have had another kind of post season...
So, yes, we destroyed Florida...but against TOR it was a toss up.

Hammerlik

Feb 13, 2022
I saw CAR had around twice the time in the offensive zone as NYR, more shots, too.
Was it just good ol' Carolina that shoots from everywhere, but can get nothing done? Because from the highlights it looked it was all NYR.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Sure hope we can get Pointer back soon, we will need him.
I actually don't think we need him. We beat Florida without him, we should beat rangers too. If he's recovered, sure, play him, if not I keep him on sidelines until really necessary

I saw CAR had around twice the time in the offensive zone as NYR, more shots, too.
Was it just good ol' Carolina that shoots from everywhere, but can get nothing done? Because from the highlights it looked it was all NYR.
Yes, billion shots but not many that dangerous

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Well, once again, I feel like we should be expected to win this series no matter what, but I made my preference for Carolina pretty clear so I'm disappointed with the result we got. Guess I can say this now without fear of looking stupid because it won't happen now, but I'm certain we would've absolutely run over Carolina. Wasn't afraid of them at all. With New York, at least they have the kinds of things that could give us more fits. Top goalie, red hot power play, star players in every position, and they even have legitimate scoring depth. New York winning this series isn't out of the question...Carolina never had a chance.

Reactions: Hoek

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
I have, and Carolina was still the better matchup.

I mean, we wanna talk about lack of goal scoring...Carolina scored 13 goals in 7 games. They scored 9 in 5 games against us a year ago. This is becoming a pretty consistent theme with them.

We see guys like Stamkos, legitimate all-stars, who sometimes have struggles adapting their regular season goal scoring to the postseason. Is it any surprise when certain "depth scorers" also see their performance dry up this time of year? Because that's what happens to Carolina. They were 9th this year in goals, 271 which is a pretty good number, after being a high scoring team a year ago. Both times, tough playoff opponent rolls around, and the goals disappear. It's become quite a theme by now.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Meanwhile, both teams in the West scare the s*** out of me. But just worrying about the Rangers/Hurricanes for now
Edmonton doesnt scare me. I know Connor McDavid has entered a different stratosphere, but they squeaked by LA, and they beat Calgary by way of an all time horrendous goalie performance.

We will really miss Point in that series, if it happens, because he and Cirelli can limit the damage. But I would much rather face a team with one huge line than a team who can match up lines 1-4.

Reactions: Hoek and Fabiobest

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I am Canadian, Bret Hart and Owen are my 2 favourite wrestlers of all time. I have a WWF Winged Eagle Heavyweight title signed by Bret and a Bret autobiography signed by Bret to me. I see this picture, and the perfect representation for you to post it, and honesty…you make it really hard for me to hate you for 7 games.
Stay away from my man.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Awesome def...nevermind

At least Kane won the prop bet on himself as to who would score the first goal.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Watching the west reminds me of that idiocracy movie. People are in awe at superstars abusing mediocrity in the backend and goaltending for the west. In the east, it hasn't been ideal either but at least goaltending hasn't been entirely abysmal.

This is like bragging and puffing your chest as an A leaguer playing in D league. Cool. You showed up in a mismatch, can you do it on an even playing field?

At the start of the playoffs I thought the Rangers were a dark horse but they've given me doubts. Now I'm sort of feeling whoever prevails from the ECF wins it all. Makarov, MacK, McDavid, and Draisaitl are among the best but when you have an empty net letting in shots from the other end and simple one timers from the blue line, you're done.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
There was Binnington until Kadri ran him over and the league didn't care.
Yup. This is Colorado year I guess.
1) The Preds (the worst team in the post season), with a rookie goalie.
2) The Blues with their backup.
3) The Oilers without any sort of defense and with a questionable goalie.
And then the Finals.

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
Yup. This is Colorado year I guess.
1) The Preds (the worst team in the post season), with a rookie goalie.
2) The Blues with their backup.
3) The Oilers without any sort of defense and with a questionable goalie.
And then the Finals.

I'm hoping Point can get back in time. The cup finals won't start until another 2 weeks so there's a chance...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad