Pre-Game Talk: 2022 NHL Playoffs: Around The League

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I don't see a thread to discuss other playoff matchups. Some other interesting matchups out there
Post automatically merged:

Kitty Cats lost.
Nashville getting dunked on
Blues with the upset
Rangers and Pitt in double OT rn

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Can’t believe the rangers blew that game lmao
I mean they did get screwed late in the 3rd. Goal should've stood. What was hilarious was the penguins graphic saying 8 for 8 on coaches challenges. Talk about precision and certainty.... or....

They had their chances, just couldn't finish. Good on Domingue, played well coming in late.

Ingram in net for Nashville now too.

Reactions: JDBolt

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Still think Florida's gonna win that series and especially so if Wilson and/or Carlson miss time due to injuries, but it's always fun seeing other teams, especially teams like Florida, have to squirm around a bit after dropping a home opener. There's always something deeply uncomfortable about spending the whole season working for that home ice advantage and then after one poor performance you've lost it.

Saw some criticizing Brunette and all I'm going to say to that is that this is the world you live in with a rookie head coach in the playoffs. Laviolette has several years worth of playoff coaching experience, so there's not much that's gonna surprise him. Florida has the better players and I expect they'll advance for that reason as much as anything else, but this is going to be a rude awakening for Brunette I'm sure.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Still think Florida's gonna win that series and especially so if Wilson and/or Carlson miss time due to injuries, but it's always fun seeing other teams, especially teams like Florida, have to squirm around a bit after dropping a home opener. There's always something deeply uncomfortable about spending the whole season working for that home ice advantage and then after one poor performance you've lost it.

Saw some criticizing Brunette and all I'm going to say to that is that this is the world you live in with a rookie head coach in the playoffs. Laviolette has several years worth of playoff coaching experience, so there's not much that's gonna surprise him. Florida has the better players and I expect they'll advance for that reason as much as anything else, but this is going to be a rude awakening for Brunette I'm sure.
Ovi might be banged up to from that shoulder injury he had to end the season.

I'm just hoping Washington makes it a tough series on them. Florida still lacks playoff experience so you never know!

Reactions: JDBolt

StammerHammer

Dec 23, 2021
Panthers tried the Cooper turtle in the third. So stupid. Beat everyone all season by overwhelming them with offense and then decide to sit on a one goal lead in the playoffs.
How'd that turn out for them? No tears here. Would love to see the Caps take em down.

Reactions: The Gongshow

bigdaddio

Jan 22, 2019
Ovi might be banged up to from that shoulder injury he had to end the season.

I'm just hoping Washington makes it a tough series on them. Florida still lacks playoff experience so you never know!
And every shift Ovi was on the ice the Panthers rolled out Gudas who basically shadowed Ovi and made sure to check him up high every shift. If his shoulder is loose it's gonna get looser at least until Caps get home and can dictate matchups.

Reactions: The Gongshow

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Why Canadians teams needs to make routes like this?
The NHL has stopped testing asymptomatic players, while the US still require you to be tested if you enter the country by air. Teams don't want to lose asymptomatic players to the Covid protocol so they drive across the border.

Reactions: Peacefool

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Why have the Panthers looked so bad? They were arguably are toughest series last year.

Last night in a “must win” they played some of the worst hockey I’ve ever seen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad