2022 NHL Entry Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
@JesterCheese

LD Kirill Kudryavtsev - Soo Greyhounds, OHL (2022 Draft) couple of highlights in here.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"> SIGNING ALERT; &#39;Kudryavtsev commits to Greyhounds&#39;<br>➡️ <a href="Kudryavtsev commits to Greyhounds – Soo Greyhounds">Kudryavtsev commits to Greyhounds – Soo Greyhounds</a> <a href="https://t.co/oBq0YIQAtP">pic.twitter.com/oBq0YIQAtP</a></p>&mdash; Soo Greyhounds (@OHLHoundPower) <a href="">August 10, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Dude is a LHD that plays on the right side.

Reactions: JesterCheese

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
@JesterCheese

LD Kirill Kudryavtsev - Soo Greyhounds, OHL (2022 Draft) couple of highlights in here.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"> SIGNING ALERT; &#39;Kudryavtsev commits to Greyhounds&#39;<br>➡️ <a href="Kudryavtsev commits to Greyhounds – Soo Greyhounds">Kudryavtsev commits to Greyhounds – Soo Greyhounds</a> <a href="https://t.co/oBq0YIQAtP">pic.twitter.com/oBq0YIQAtP</a></p>&mdash; Soo Greyhounds (@OHLHoundPower) <a href="">August 10, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Dude is a LHD that plays on the right side.

I approve :nod:

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Wright/Savoie/Lambert with our 1st.

Jiricek or Luneau with the Florida 1st.

Tyler Brennan with our 2nd.

Columbus has two 1sts next draft. Eichel to Columbus for Domi and the two 1sts. Find a way to get Geekie.

Butcher and Miller (and Domi) could be moved for 2nds at the deadline. Olofsson can be moved at the draft for at least a 2nd.

Go all in on the 2022 draft. Get all the missing pieces in the pipeline.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel

Shameless plug:

2 of the top 5 schools in the NCAA, two of the top 5 programs in the OHL, a d one of the top five women’s NCAA programs are all using Power Edge Pro.

Shane Wright and Connor Bedard train with PEP.

If you’re not familiar with the training methodology, there are plenty of videos showing how it works.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
These are the 12 players I'm most interested in for the upcoming draft, based on the video/write-up scouting online. These aren't the top 12, more like those I would target in the 1st and 2nd round (top half of the 2nd, none of these guys will last to the bottom half).

1st overall - Wright

2nd or 3rd overall - Lambert/Savoie

4th or 5th or 6th overall - Nemec or Miroschniechenko. Nemec fills the need at RHD but Miroschniechenko is already in the conversation for 2nd/3rd overall and maybe too good to pass on.

If we add a pick that turns into something in the 7th to 21st overall range (Florida I think will be 22nd or lower)...
*Ryan Chesley - He has surpassed Jiricek to be my 2nd RHD on the board. He can really skate and he can hit. Not a guy to put up a lot of points but can puck handle and play PK1. Smart player. Would really fit well with our other D.
*Conor Geekie - He's a popular one on these boards. Big boy. Draisaitl-lite.
*Juraj Slafkovsky - LW. He may actually be a can't miss power forward, like for real. We've drafted a lot of skilled wingers and could use a net-front presence.

With the Florida pick...
*Nathan Gaucher - A big boy like Geekie but this is the sort of 3rd line center you would want a Stanley Cup contender. Strong defensive chops but definitely plays a 2-way game. A Toews-extra-lite.
*Lian Bischel - Yes, we don't need another LHD, but I really liked what I saw at the under-18. He's mean, almost as big as Owen Power, but mean. I liked his skating. I just like this player.

With our 2nd (33rd/34th/35th overall)
*Tyler Brennan - Consensus best goalie available. If UPL stagnates this season, I'd get this guy. Even if Portillo has an amazing year. I'm skeptical that Levi will sign after he finishes college.
*Miko Matikka - Right-shot RW. We have a few high-end left-shot RW prospects. Liked what I saw at the under-18s, and he just puts up points. High skill level so Sabres should like him a lot.

Bottom line is, our 1st pick just has to be a center, and I'm 85% confident that we will be in the top-3 picks.

If we are 4th/5th/6th, it's likely that either Lambert/Savoie will fall to 4th. Meaning I think it very likely that Nemec or Miroalphabet goes 3rd overall. If we are 5th or 6th I would see if trading up to 4th is possible so as to not miss out on Lambert/Savoie. That would be an expensive move-up. But we gotta grab a center.

But if we don't, Nemec/Mirorussian are gonna be great great NHL players. Find a different way to get a center. Right now I've a 2nd tier of Lambert/Savoie/Nemec/Miro. With a top-5 pick you really should go best available.

With an Eichel trade, I would hope that the 2022 1st would turn into Chesley/Geekie/Slafkovsky. All 3 are can't miss prospects who will fill very important needs and roles on what will be a competitive Sabres roster in a few years.

Florida pick will ideally be Gaucher (maybe he goes in the 22-28 range?)

If we have three 1st round picks, using the 33rd/34th/35th overall on Brennan would be fine by me, especially if UPL disappoints.

Last edited:

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
These are the 12 players I'm most interested in for the upcoming draft, based on the video/write-up scouting online. These aren't the top 12, more like those I would target in the 1st and 2nd round (top half of the 2nd, none of these guys will last to the bottom half).

1st overall - Wright

2nd or 3rd overall - Lambert/Savoie

4th or 5th or 6th overall - Nemec or Miroschniechenko. Nemec fills the need at RHD but Miroschniechenko is already in the conversation for 2nd/3rd overall and maybe too good to pass on.

If we add a pick that turns into something in the 7th to 21st overall range (Florida I think will be 22nd or lower)...
*Ryan Chesley - He has surpassed Jiricek to be my 2nd RHD on the board. He can really skate and he can hit. Not a guy to put up a lot of points but can puck handle and play PK1. Smart player. Would really fit well with our other D.
*Conor Geekie - He's a popular one on these boards. Big boy. Draisaitl-lite.
*Juraj Slafkovsky - LW. He may actually be a can't miss power forward, like for real. We've drafted a lot of skilled wingers and could use a net-front presence.

With the Florida pick...
*Nathan Gaucher - A big boy like Geekie but this is the sort of 3rd line center you would want a Stanley Cup contender. Strong defensive chops but definitely plays a 2-way game. A Toews-extra-lite.
*Lian Bischel - Yes, we don't need another LHD, but I really liked what I saw at the under-18. He's mean, almost as big as Owen Power, but mean. I liked his skating. I just like this player.

With our 2nd (33rd/34th/35th overall)
*Tyler Brennan - Consensus best goalie available. If UPL stagnates this season, I'd get this guy. Even if Portillo has an amazing year. I'm skeptical that Levi will sign after he finishes college.
*Miko Matikka - Right-shot RW. We have a few high-end left-shot RW prospects. Liked what I saw at the under-18s, and he just puts up points. High skill level so Sabres should like him a lot.

Bottom line is, our 1st pick just has to be a center, and I'm 85% confident that we will be in the top-3 picks.

If we are 4th/5th/6th, it's likely that either Lambert/Savoie will fall to 4th. Meaning I think it very likely that Nemec or Miroalphabet goes 3rd overall. If we are 5th or 6th I would see if trading up to 4th is possible so as to not miss out on Lambert/Savoie. That would be an expensive move-up. But we gotta grab a center.

But if we don't, Nemec/Mirorussian are gonna be great great NHL players. Find a different way to get a center. Right now I've a 2nd tier of Lambert/Savoie/Nemec/Miro. With a top-5 pick you really should go best available.

With an Eichel trade, I would hope that the 2022 1st would turn into Chesley/Geekie/Slafkovsky. All 3 are can't miss prospects who will fill very important needs and roles on what will be a competitive Sabres roster in a few years.

Florida pick will ideally be Gaucher (maybe he goes in the 22-28 range?)

If we have three 1st round picks, using the 33rd/34th/35th overall on Brennan would be fine by me, especially if UPL disappoints.
I expect the rankings to be completely scrambled following the WJC as the scouts will have a half season of CHL play to see how the kids have developed following the year without hockey.

Prognosticating tiers I think you're going to see Geekie pushing Lambert and Savoie. There's a lot to like about a 6'5" center that can skate, has slick hands but could use a more pronounced mean streak. He seems like a more mobile Dach to me.

I'm waiting to see how the OHL prospects make their case for draft positioning. I think a lot come back stronger with a year of gym time to put an exclamation on their rookie season

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I expect the rankings to be completely scrambled following the WJC as the scouts will have a half season of CHL play to see how the kids have developed following the year without hockey.

Prognosticating tiers I think you're going to see Geekie pushing Lambert and Savoie. There's a lot to like about a 6'5" center that can skate, has slick hands but could use a more pronounced mean streak. He seems like a more mobile Dach to me.

I'm waiting to see how the OHL prospects make their case for draft positioning. I think a lot come back stronger with a year of gym time to put an exclamation on their rookie season

I am really interested in how all the OHL players that were passed over in the 2021 Draft do. I am guessing that we see a greater than usual number of 2nd time draft eligibles getting long looks for the '22 draft because of what happened last year.

Reactions: Old Navy Goat

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
I am really interested in how all the OHL players that were passed over in the 2021 Draft do. I am guessing that we see a greater than usual number of 2nd time draft eligibles getting long looks for the '22 draft because of what happened last year.
You have a stacked '22 draft and the legitimate undrafted kids just add to it. You have to also look at the WHL and Q as they played in small groupings like the AHL so some potential kids got steamrolled by stacked teams 16x

Reactions: Jim Bob

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
You have a stacked '22 draft and the legitimate undrafted kids just add to it. You have to also look at the WHL and Q as they played in small groupings like the AHL so some potential kids got steamrolled by stacked teams 16x

Arizona did what we should have done this offseason. Took bad short-term contracts and I think they have like 5 second rounds picks next year.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

p0nchik

Jul 24, 2021
Yep Arizona loaded up while going for a tank roster. It'll be interesting to see how this CHL season plays out

Theoretically, we should be worse than last year given that we've lost Ullmark, Reinhart, Risto, and others and we finished last the previous year. But, we'll see if it's addition by subtraction with some of the bottom tier guys leaving as well. A lot of youngsters could be in line to see improvements.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Theoretically, we should be worse than last year given that we've lost Ullmark, Reinhart, Risto, and others and we finished last the previous year. But, we'll see if it's addition by subtraction with some of the bottom tier guys leaving as well. A lot of youngsters could be in line to see improvements.

Eakin is still here.

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
Wright/Savoie/Lambert with our 1st.

Jiricek or Luneau with the Florida 1st.

Tyler Brennan with our 2nd.

Columbus has two 1sts next draft. Eichel to Columbus for Domi and the two 1sts. Find a way to get Geekie.

Butcher and Miller (and Domi) could be moved for 2nds at the deadline. Olofsson can be moved at the draft for at least a 2nd.

Go all in on the 2022 draft. Get all the missing pieces in the pipeline.

huh?

ok.. ill be positive.. butcher could be moved at deadline if youth steps up.. he will be highly motivated to prove the league wrong after being given away..

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
As much as I like hockey, I can’t really get into it until the end of September or so. Like watching games, reading about prospects, etc. There’s just too much to do when the weather isn’t crappy out.
I'll be done following by the end of September.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Would like us to sign a veteran steady Dman next season, someone who can play either side and eat minutes in case of injuries.

With all the kids and more to come hopefully a 1st round RHD we could use some experience and we will have money to spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad