2022 NHL Entry Draft 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Hughes son Jack is ranked 26th for NA skaters. Imagine Gorton telling Hughes, you're son is not that good but if he is still on the board in the 3rd, we will take him. :laugh:

Reactions: jaffy27

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Dumais has high hockey IQ. Look like he can process the game at high speed. If I was the Habs I will make sure the team get him and leaving nothing to chance.
Our 2nd round pick will be #33 overall. There will certainly be players still available at #33 that I like better than Dumais. Maybe consider him with the Oilers 2nd but I hope we don't reach for him.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Meh, I don't see a Point situation, I think Dumais is lucky to be a Desharnais in the NHL...early 3rd/late 2nd earliest for me.

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
Our 2nd round pick will be #33 overall. There will certainly be players still available at #33 that I like better than Dumais. Maybe consider him with the Oilers 2nd but I hope we don't reach for him.
109 points in the Q and playing as a 17 year old. I think it's impressive. You know anyone better than Dumais and should be available at our 2nd round pick? This draft is surprisingly deep.

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
Ill have you know i was running a 4.66 40 yard dash at 20 years old. Im always the fastest skater in my beer league and I can even outskate the likes of Raf Lavoie on a good day.

Good thing its the only thing I can do well because even the NHL would be no match for me.

As for Serg, he can do a lot of things and sometimes he goes ballistic. Hes still fairly young too, Petry wasnt in the NHL at his age, I think.
Sergechev... good skater...poor instincts...low hockey IQ!

Reactions: le_sean

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
Meh, I don't see a Point situation, I think Dumais is lucky to be a Desharnais in the NHL...early 3rd/late 2nd earliest for me.
Dumais may not become Point 2.0 as he is a winger, but I do think he is going to be better than Desharnais. But I do get your point. He is not rank high by most scouting services.

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
Hughes son Jack is ranked 26th for NA skaters. Imagine Gorton telling Hughes, you're son is not that good but if he is still on the board in the 3rd, we will take him. :laugh:

His brother Riley was picked 216th (out of 217) by the NYR (Gorton) in 2018 😆

Reactions: Habs Halifax

buzzer beater

Oct 24, 2018
I have seen over 100 games in the OHL this year. How many times has Vachon23 seen the Wolves play lol. Goyette will get drafted 10-26. That’s his range. I predict he’ll be the second OHL forward drafted in the first round. His speed vision and IQ are what makes him the player he is lol I guess Vachon23 wouldn’t draft McDavid or Makar because they make high risk plays…

Reactions: Rockomax

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
I have seen over 100 games in the OHL this year. How many times has Vachon23 seen the Wolves play lol. Goyette will get drafted 10-26. That’s his range. I predict he’ll be the second OHL forward drafted in the first round. His speed vision and IQ are what makes him the player he is lol I guess Vachon23 wouldn’t draft McDavid or Makar because they make high risk plays…
@Vachon23 is one of our more knowledgeable and cool headed posters in the draft threads. I haven't seen a single list that has Goyette in the 1st round. I've watched him play a few games this year (OHL and WU18) and I probably like him more than most do here but I'd still bet the farm that he doesn't go top 26 as you predict.

buzzer beater

Oct 24, 2018
@Vachon23 is one of our more knowledgeable and cool headed posters in the draft threads. I haven't seen a single list that has Goyette in the 1st round. I've watched him play a few games this year (OHL and WU18) and I probably like him more than most do here but I'd still bet the farm that he doesn't go top 26 as you predict.
Do you think teams look at mcKeen’s list before they make a pick ? Lol

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Yes Goyette is in the same class then McDavid and Makar..

I actually hope that he's drafted between 10-26, that would mean a better player available when we will pick.

Thanks men, I appreciate it !

buzzer beater

Oct 24, 2018
Yes Goyette is in the same class then McDavid and Makar..

Yeah that’s exactly what I meant… lame

Stick to the Q lol

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
We may already have one in Barron. But yes, a dman with more sure top pairing potential would help us greatly.
Oh come on. I'm really high on Barron and think a Romanov - Barron future pairing will be a great 2nd pairing for years to come but she's not the dude you want as your complimentary piece to Guhle on your top pairing. Guhle is an elite defensive beast who can skate well. He's gonna be an absolute minute eater. Jiricek or Nemec will fit very nice next to him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad