2022 NHL Entry Draft 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Cooley and Nazar would be highway robbery. There's no way way Nazar doesn't go top 20. Central scouting is off.

The weird part with me is Nazar was 17th in Jan and now 21st in the end of season central scouting report. I was expecting him to be closer to 10 vs 20.

So now I wonder, they can't be that oblivious to Narzar's game so it makes me wonder the reason why he slipped, not moved down. Other players around him couldn't have have that much of a better resume correct? Seems off for sure.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Nazar not even appearing is a farce. So is having Kasper ahead of Lekkerimäki

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Top pair D, Id say. Unsure if Nemec or Jiricek have that #1 potential.

Obviously theres something thatll give and you will find a Robertson, Josi, Aho, Kucherov in this draft... who it is though, I dont freaking know and nobody will until like 2025.

Id put good money on Ostlund to be that guy and thats why I have him in my top 10, but I wouldn't pick him in the top 3.
Personally I'm super high on Guhle and think he'll be a top pair D with the right partner. Habs can find him that partner in the draft.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
You guys would draft the hell out of my 5'11 3/4 225 lbs body
Couldn't you at least round up and list yourself at 6feet? That's the difference between a top 10 pick and a top 200 pick.
Fair but I still think Cooley needs to add some muscle/weight if he wants to be a impactful 1st liner. If he doesn't he can still be fine yeah but not going to turn the needle in playoff style hockey.

It's the style of game he plays cause it's not all skill and offense. He plays at both ends and that kind of center requires some physical strength IMO.
Sure Cooley can and will add some weight but asking him to get to Suzuki's weight (205) would likely make him a worse player. Everyone has different body type and ideal weight to maximize speed. Suzuki, Crosby have freakish lower body builds.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Is Sergachev a good comparison for Jiricek?
Ya, not exact, but ya.

Couldn't you at least round up and list yourself at 6feet? That's the difference between a top 10 pick and a top 200 pick.

Sure Cooley can and will add some weight but asking him to get to Suzuki's weight (205) would likely make him a worse player. Everyone has different body type and ideal weight to maximize speed. Suzuki, Crosby have freakish lower body builds.
No, Im a good ol' farm boy like Gally, Im humble and teams will love this

Reactions: Schooner Guy

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

Brosef youre hyping up a manchild that cant even skate backwards, why are you so hard on my boy Nemec :(

Lol, because he's so good! He doesn't have to skate backwards, he just goes end to end every shift.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Too heavy for your height. I'd have no problem skating around you with my 5'-9", 190 lbs body :laugh:

Ya, not exact, but ya.

No, Im a good ol' farm boy like Gally, Im humble and teams will love this

I was watching Sergachev last night quite a bit and he's not as complete as some think he is. Age 23 and I would have expected more growth in his defensive play by now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hannibal

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Too heavy for your height. I'd have no problem skating around you with my 5'-9", 190 lbs body :laugh:

I was watching Sergachev last night quite a bit and he's not as complete as some think he is.
Ill have you know i was running a 4.66 40 yard dash at 20 years old. Im always the fastest skater in my beer league and I can even outskate the likes of Raf Lavoie on a good day.

Good thing its the only thing I can do well because even the NHL would be no match for me.

As for Serg, he can do a lot of things and sometimes he goes ballistic. Hes still fairly young too, Petry wasnt in the NHL at his age, I think.

• Wow
Reactions: JurequeparJuraj

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Ill have you know i was running a 4.66 40 yard dash at 20 years old. Im always the fastest skater in my beer league and I can even outskate the likes of Raf Lavoie on a good day.

Good thing its the only thing I can do well because even the NHL would be no match for me.

As for Serg, he can do a lot of things and sometimes he goes ballistic. Hes still fairly young too, Petry wasnt in the NHL at his age, I think.

Interesting. Would be a good match-up then cause I can still move at age 42. I play both ball hockey and ice hockey with 20 year olds in the mix and I get "how old are you" all the time. When I was in my teens and 20's, there were very few that could keep up with me over a long stretch of time. My nickname was "Energy Wheels". I basically was kind of like Gallagher but faster. Maybe a Danault type this season with his 27 goals ;)

Yeah, with Segachev, he is still young but he has a lot of experience. His defensive play don't scare me one bit. Maybe from 25-30 is where he matures in that area.

• Wow
Reactions: JurequeparJuraj

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
I saw some highlight of Jordan Dumais and quite intriguing with his talent. I am not sure why he is not ranking higher in this draft. Look like a 1st round talent to me. Should we draft him with our 2nd? Look like P. Kane without the shots.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Interesting. Would be a good match-up then cause I can still move at age 42. I play both ball hockey and ice hockey with 20 year olds in the mix and I get "how old are you" all the time. When I was in my teens and 20's, there were very few that could keep up with me over a long stretch of time. My nickname was "Energy Wheels". I basically was kind of like Gallagher but faster. Maybe a Danault type this season with his 27 goals ;)

Yeah, with Segachev, he is still young but he has a lot of experience. His defensive play don't scare me one bit. Maybe from 25-30 is where he matures in that area.
Yeah, Im a one and done type of dude. Just thinking about getting up has me grasping for air.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I saw some highlight of Jordan Dumais and quite intriguing with his talent. I am not sure why he is not ranking higher in this draft. Look like a 1st round talent to me. Should we draft him with our 2nd? Look like P. Kane without the shots.

I just noticed that NHL Central scouting has Furlong ranked ahead of Dumais. Dumais will get lower rating due to size I would imagine.

Personally, I think Dumais goes in between our 2nd and the Oilers 2nd.

ginomini

May 25, 2014
The one thing I don't like about Jiricek is his skating technique. Sergachev is super smooth.

Jiricek is fast but he has such an ugly stride, not as bad as KK but very innefficient. Nemec is an all around much better skater (not necessarily faster though).

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008
I just noticed that NHL Central scouting has Furlong ranked ahead of Dumais. Dumais will get lower rating due to size I would imagine.

The Habs should use its own 2nd to draft Dumais. He could become another B. Point.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The Habs should use its own 2nd to draft Dumais. He could become another B. Point.

I'd consider our early 2nd yes. I know his game very well but I don't know all the prospects that well in the 2nd round. So what I say is if the Habs scouts are very high, take him with our 2nd and don't wait cause you are thinking he still will be there with the Oilers 2nd.

Chances he is there with the Oilers 2nd or our early 3rd? Probably 50/50 chance

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
The one thing I don't like about Jiricek is his skating technique. Sergachev is super smooth.

Jiricek is fast but he has such an ugly stride, not as bad as KK but very innefficient. Nemec is an all around much better skater (not necessarily faster though).
Ohhhhhh! In before the stingers come out!

1651779689962.png

JustAHabFan

Apr 8, 2008

Dumais has high hockey IQ. Look like he can process the game at high speed. If I was the Habs I will make sure the team get him and leaving nothing to chance.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

Fair points, but I think Jiricek will smooth out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad