Prospect Info: 2022 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I also don't think the gap is that big between the top 2 D and Korchinski (literally not used to his own body completely) and Mintyukov (played on an absolutely horrible team; imagine the Ducks) and still produced numbers. They are Drysdale level prospects IMO and are being underrated due to Jiricek and Nemec international success. Might be a hot take but yeah I really believe that.
Listening to the CTP w/ Mitchell Brown, Brown said that Korchinski isn't on the same level as Drysdale and Zellweger. Drysdale and Zellweger activate lower and show off that short game. Korchinski stays near the blue line and moves laterally rather than come down to activate, which Brown describes as the long game. This implies Minty brings more to the table offensively than Korchinski.

CTP w/ another scouting media personnel has been very good. First with Chris Peters and then Mitch Brown.

Reactions: Kalv

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Listening to the CTP w/ Mitchell Brown, Brown said that Korchinski isn't on the same level as Drysdale and Zellweger. Drysdale and Zellweger activate lower and show off that short game. Korchinski stays near the blue line and moves laterally rather than come down to activate, which Brown describes as the long game. This implies Minty brings more to the table offensively than Korchinski.

CTP w/ another scouting media personnel has been very good. First with Chris Peters and then Mitch Brown.
Yeah he does, Korchinski has a more natural feel for the game, Minty is more skillful. It's Theodore (Korchinski will be bigger in both height and weight IMO) vs Girard (Minty is bigger) type imo. Just depends what you want, I prefer Korchinski only because I think he is going to fill out and be bigger than most think he will and be more physical than he is now, he reminds me a little of Edvinsson the year before making these moves but still looking like they are trying to figure out how to control their bodies... Once Edvinsson got stronger and used to it his defensive game improved A LOT and he is a much much more physical player than he was 2 years ago. I do like Mintyukov a lot too which is why I think both are underrated as I said above.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Yeah he does, Korchinski has a more natural feel for the game, Minty is more skillful. It's Theodore (Korchinski will be bigger in both height and weight IMO) vs Girard (Minty is bigger) type imo. Just depends what you want, I prefer Korchinski only because I think he is going to fill out and be bigger than most think he will... but only by a hair because I like them both.

If we keep Eakins as head coach, then wouldn't Minty fit Eakins' style of pinching defensemen? But we can't see that far off. LoL

I'm whatever at 10. Been looking at so many profiles that so many can fit between 6 to 17 or more. I like Lambert and Nazar a lil' more than the rest.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Pickering has grown in size and stature over the years.

"Three years ago, I was 5-foot-7 and hadn't really developed at all," he said. "I had a growth spurt and my body caught up to itself a little bit. My skating stride lengthened out. I know a lot of guys say when they grow their skating maybe gets a little more awkward, but I feel like mine improved."

He's in the same boat as Korchinski.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I also don't think the gap is that big between the top 2 D and Korchinski (literally not used to his own body completely) and Mintyukov (played on an absolutely horrible team; imagine the Ducks) and still produced numbers. They are Drysdale level prospects IMO and are being underrated due to Jiricek and Nemec international success. Might be a hot take but yeah I really believe that.
I agree with that take. They are a lot closer to jiricek and nemec than they get credit for

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
Well the draft is almost here so here is my draft board.

1. Slafkovsky
2. Wright
3. Cooley
4. Jiricek
5. Gauthier
6. Nemec
7. Nazar
8. Kasper
9. Korchinski
10. Mintyukov
11. Savoie
12. Lekkerimaki
13. Kemell
14. Geekie
15. Bischel
16. Pickering
17. Mateychuk
18. Lambert
19. Miroshnichenko
20. Ohgren
21. Ostlund
22. Snuggerud

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'll definitely root my heart out for Korchinski if the Ducks pick him but right now his shot, physicality, and defense are at Brendan Guhle levels. He is a big-time project and let no one deceive you about that.
Every drafted player is a project, but I’m not going to deny their talent and skill because they are fully developed defenders yet.

If we go dmen im hoping for Mintyukov.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Hunter haight is a kid I'd like to look at at 42 if he's still around. Skilled forward who is expected to pop next season.

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
Any "Do not draft" players for you guys?

I don't like Savoie at 10... Id have him as a late first. To me he doesnt have the separation speed I like to see from a guy his size, doesnt have a super complete game and just seems like the same player he was 3 years ago. I see a surefire wing in the NHL and I'm very concerned he's going to struggle to score 5v5.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
With Verbeek emphasizes on getting quicker and faster. Taking the worst skater in the top 15-25 would be a change-up. He's definitely a top prospect but kind of contradicts what Verbeek is preaching. He is big but not particularly mean or physical. I do think his skill is underrated but yeah....

Agreed. I think Verbeek will take a skilled forward if one drops and if not a "not small" dman (Korchinksi fits that bill in my mind). Savoie strikes me as a Verbeek type of player in terms of skill and motor/compete.

It strikes me as very weird that lots of pundits/posters are saying that Anaheim needs to go defense because we just traded Manson/Hampus. Whoever we draft won't be in the NHL for 2-3+ years, not to mention the ducks have other prospects in the pipeline who will arrive sooner.

For next year, they need to add NHL replacements by trade or UFA - the draft is irrelevant to the immediate need.

TheStuntman

Oct 27, 2015
Always take the best player available is my motto. Not sure who'll be on the board at 10, but I'm very confident at whoever the Ducks select because the scouting is usually pretty solid when it comes to the draft. I'll be tuning in.

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
Julian lutz also has the look of a "verbeek" player. Big, fast, competitive, responsible. He missed most of the season to injury but scouts liked what they saw when he came back in February.
Wanted to come in and add to that. I know NYI scouts were at a game of his at my hometown team's and they have hin penciled in for the second round. He has a good motor and some instincts you can't teach. Would like to see us picking him with one of our seconds.

Reactions: Static
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad