NHL Entry Draft 2022 NHL Draft Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Considering how inconsistent most of the expert lists are with regards to rankings, which list do you guys see us attributing to "BPA" on draft day when it comes time to decide who teams should or should not be picking?

Mackenzie's list is always popular of course, so will kind of be the bar for which player should be drafted at any given spot this year?
Talkathon uses quite a few lists to determine their rankings. Elite Prospects has lists from quite a few as well.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Boucher has all those 3 characteristics , plus a good shot, good skater., likes to hit. Give him time, he’ll make the team.
Like Lazar.

Absolutely. 7 and 9 are gonna be the same tier of players, and then could move 28 as part of a trade for an established player
Unless there is a player available at 7 that was projected to go higher such as: Wright, Slafkovsky, Cooley, Nemec, & Jiricek.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Dorion says it’s 50/50 right now whether they trade the 7OA pick. Lots of irons in the fire he says.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Lazar didn’t really have the shot or skating.

for juniors he did. they were basically the best part of his game.

good skater, good def, good shot, good athlete, good compete, good leader

bad hands, bad creativity, coachable but low hockey iq

classic senators prospect.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I’m interested to see where some non-N/A Russians go tomorrow.

Seems like Russia is falling under another iton curtain - might be difficult to get their prospects to report.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
for juniors he did. they were basically the best part of his game.

good skater, good def, good shot, good athlete, good compete, good leader

bad hands, bad creativity, coachable but low hockey iq

classic senators prospect.
I was talking about NHL, not what he could do in Junior.

I’m interested to see where some non-N/A Russians go tomorrow.

Seems like Russia is falling under another iton curtain - might be difficult to get their prospects to report.
A new case

burf

Mar 27, 2012
For those worried about Savoie or Kemmell being smaller players, this is pretty interesting work. Turns out smaller players are much more likely to outperform their draft position than taller players. Basically, on average, skill significantly wins out over size.

For what it’s worth, I’m hoping the team takes one of the smaller highly skilled players over what would traditionally be considered a safe pick. They have the core in place, just need to swing for the fences on a potential game breaker instead of adding more of what we already have.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
For those worried about Savoie or Kemmell being smaller players, this is pretty interesting work. Turns out smaller players are much more likely to outperform their draft position than taller players. Basically, on average, skill significantly wins out over size.

For what it’s worth, I’m hoping the team takes one of the smaller highly skilled players over what would traditionally be considered a safe pick. They have the core in place, just need to swing for the fences on a potential game breaker instead of adding more of what we already have.

I think the higher floors are just so that they can see better……..

…….

Reactions: Masterplan and burf

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

I think a big part of this is selection bias, most shorter players see their stock wiped out of existence unless they have exceptional skill.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
I Hope Zub and Sokolov are already or still in NA. This is getting crazy.

Are you people not under the impression that many countries around the world have mandatory military services? If you dodge them you're going to be in trouble. There's no news here, just more anti-Russia propaganda.

JaredCowen4Norris

Jul 9, 2020
Are you people not under the impression that many countries around the world have mandatory military services? If you dodge them you're going to be in trouble. There's no news here, just more anti-Russia propaganda.
I agree people tend to get whipped up into a frenzy when it comes to Russia, but there's no way these guys are the only Russian players to ever dodge service. It feels a little punitive, like when they don't bring certain guys to the WJC who choose to play in NA.

Rondo5839

Jul 1, 2022
I think Kemmel has the potential to be the best offensive player in the draft but it’s such a crapshoot. I prefer Jiricek over Nemec by a wide margin. I’m not sure Nemec is a top 3 D in this draft, his skating isn’t nearly good enough for his size IMO.
I am a fan of Lekkerimaki too. Grant McCagg has Kemell 6 and Lekkerimaki at 7 .. they are graded very close .. almost identical until character where Kemmel is 1 pt over Lekkerimaki. I asked him why . His response was Lekkerimaki did not interview well. He would not elaborate when pressed. I think Lekkerimaki is more shy but that's my take going off what Mark Edwards had to say the other day on 1200.
I like all 3 Swedish forwards (Ostlund, Ohgren) . I personally like Jiricek over Nemec so that would be an great pick imo.
Where does Mccagg have Owen Beck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad