NHL Entry Draft 2022 NHL Draft Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Great stuff!

No way that happens. I personally want Lekkerimaki with the pick.
I am a fan of Lekkerimaki too. Grant McCagg has Kemell 6 and Lekkerimaki at 7 .. they are graded very close .. almost identical until character where Kemmel is 1 pt over Lekkerimaki. I asked him why . His response was Lekkerimaki did not interview well. He would not elaborate when pressed. I think Lekkerimaki is more shy but that's my take going off what Mark Edwards had to say the other day on 1200.
I like all 3 Swedish forwards (Ostlund, Ohgren) . I personally like Jiricek over Nemec so that would be an great pick imo.

Reactions: Cosmix

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
How do you guys compare Jiricek to Jamie Drysdale at the same age?
They really arent anything alike other than they are D men. Jiricek is a late birthday too. Drysdale is an undersized extremely mobile puck transporting D man that is such a good skater he can still defend at a high level. Jiricek is a 6'3 shut down style D that can still snap a first pass and match up against the oppositions best players. His skating could be better. If they morphed into one player it would be a site to behold. As for how good they are going into the draft Drysdale was a better prospect.

I am a fan of Lekkerimaki too. Grant McCagg has Kemell 6 and Lekkerimaki at 7 .. they are graded very close .. almost identical until character where Kemmel is 1 pt over Lekkerimaki. I asked him why . His response was Lekkerimaki did not interview well. He would not elaborate when pressed. I think Lekkerimaki is more shy but that's my take going off what Mark Edwards had to say the other day on 1200.
I like all 3 Swedish forwards (Ostlund, Ohgren) . I personally like Jiricek over Nemec so that would be an great pick imo.
I think Lekkerimaki has more pure skill in terms of awareness and hockey sense. He is slightly bigger, isnt as good a skater but I think he probably has a higher ceiling. To me he has a chance to be the best offensive producer in the draft. He is the type of prospect the sens can afford to draft due to the type of players they already have. Lots of good centers and players that are hard to play against. What I liked about him best was his ability to be effective offensively with and without the puck. I think thats the type of guy Stutzle will be best with. He has the puck alot, needs a high IQ guy that can get away from checks and get open. I also like the lefty righty situation.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
How do you guys compare Jiricek to Jamie Drysdale at the same age?
Drysdale was doing pretty good in the NHL at the same age Jiricek is now.

Different defenseman, completely. Jiricek has an absolute cannon, has great size and a solid 1st pass, and can get around for a big guy. Drysdale thinks the game 1 step ahead of most, extremely fluid skater, and great distributor.

Drysdale would be a guy looked at for 1st if he were in this draft, would be the top D for sure.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Drysdale was doing pretty good in the NHL at the same age Jiricek is now.

Different defenseman, completely. Jiricek has an absolute cannon, has great size and a solid 1st pass, and can get around for a big guy. Drysdale thinks the game 1 step ahead of most, extremely fluid skater, and great distributor.

Drysdale would be a guy looked at for 1st if he were in this draft, would be the top D for sure.
Agree more realistic top pair potential

R2010

May 23, 2011

Do we know when Sportsnet loses the rights to Draft coverage? They are terrible, TSN’s cast and production has always been miles ahead. I used to watch the NBC feed mostly for Bob McKenzie so I guess i’ll watch on ESPN this year. Not sure who they’ll have on the panel?

Just my opinion but even the worst of TSNs former draft coverage people (e.g. McGuire) are better than all of the sportsnet Draft team. He will be a welcome addition compared to the bland draft coverage we get. Not a fan of sportsnet's hockey coverage at all.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Im re watching the U 18 final. Love the good ole PVR. The three swedes on that top line are dynamite.
So was their goalie.

Trey Augustine…. eh. Not so Much.

U.S was dominant all game. McGroatry, Nazar, Cooley were having their way with the Swedes - especially in the third; but you gotta hand it to the Swedes, they took every opportunity they had an converted on it.

Reactions: bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
So was their goalie.

Trey Augustine…. eh. Not so Much.

U.S was dominant all game. McGroatry, Nazar, Cooley were having their way with the Swedes - especially in the third.
Second goal by Nazar was a great move but Havelid probably wants that one back. Watching it the second time the ice doesnt seem to be nearly as tilted. I think that Craig Button really is pushing the narrative that USA is dominating more than its actually happening. USA is definitely the deeper team lines 1 through 4 are all really good. Sweden's top line is really really dominant. Back end on Sweden playing big, good at blocking shots and moving players in front.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I think Kemmel has the potential to be the best offensive player in the draft but it’s such a crapshoot. I prefer Jiricek over Nemec by a wide margin. I’m not sure Nemec is a top 3 D in this draft, his skating isn’t nearly good enough for his size IMO.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Sam Cosentino has us passing on Jiricek for Kemmel, which would be quite the decision. I just don't see how we can pass on a high-end RHD like that. I like both prospects but positional need should break tie for 2 maybe equal prospects here.

Foolish for us to pass on potential top 2-4D for shooting wingers - our PP1 is fine for 5-6 years and we should have a competent PP2 with what we have in the org (Pinto, Greig, Boucher, Sokolov, Brown, Sanderson, Brann etc).

Last edited:

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
So that's 3 people recently that have mocked Kemell to the Sens - Mendes, Consentino and Pronman.

He's my least favourite of the consensus top 10 guys, so it'll probably happen.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I don't know the answer to this, but do any of these guys base their mocks on actual info or just opinion?

Probably a mix of both.

Pronman states that he's heard rumours about the Sens liking Kemell and Savoie.

Mendes probably has heard some things, not sure about Cosentino.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Columbus is apparently interested in Chychrun, which probably means they won't take Jiricek with 6th OA.

I want a forward but taking Jiricek would be tempting.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Columbus is apparently interested in Chychrun, which probably means they won't take Jiricek with 6th OA.

I don't think it really changes things, especially if they include one of their young RD in the trade.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I don't know the answer to this, but do any of these guys base their mocks on actual info or just opinion?
It’s not how they would rank them , according to Sam, it’s who they think the team would take when doing Mock drafts.
Sam said yesterday if Kasper is available Ottawa takes him, and if they don’t he won’t get past Detroit Sam said.
Sam was on the Athletic podcast yesterday with Ian.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott

If Columbus acquires Chychrun, #6 is probably going the other way. So it'd come down to who Arizona likes, not them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad