NHL Entry Draft 2022 NHL Draft Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It will be interesting to see where Jiricek ends up given his knee injury & whether that hurts him & drops him a little in the draft. It will also be very interesting to see what the Sens decide they need most, a forward or a defenceman from this draft, if both a very good forward & one of those two very good RDs are availabe when it's their turn to pick.

I think Ottawa could end up ahead of Montreal, Buff, Arz, Chicago, Philly, NJ, NYI & Seattle by the end of the yr. Still be in the top 10, but closer to 10th than 5th.

Last edited:

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010
It will be interesting to see where Jiricek ends up given his knee injury & whether that hurts him & drops him a little in the draft. It will also be very interesting to see what the Sens decide they need most, a forward or a defenceman from this draft, if both a very good forward & one of those two very good RDs are availabe when it's their turn to pick.

I think Ottawa could end up ahead of Montreal, Buff, Arz, Chicago, Philly, NJ, NYI & Seattle by the end of the yr. Still be in the top 10, but closer to 10th than 5th.

The injury will have no effect on Jiricek's draft ranking. Lots of speculation Hughes would fall last year after season-ending injury but he went right about where he was projected. Really only matters to us fans, who tend to procrastinate and have short-term memories. NHL scouts have already been watching these players for a couple years and had half of this season to watch Jiricek. They also have well documented reports and regular meetings so they're not going to forget what they already knew. He is a late birthday and was at U18s and U20s last year, and has played in the Czech pro league for a while. He will have been one of the more well-scouted players in the draft.

wilfred

Jan 13, 2010
New Bunswick
Where do all of you see the break in the talent of the draft. Is top 8 players? This year seems a little like last years draft where players could be drafted anywhere between 2-8. Is my assessment reasonable?

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Where do all of you see the break in the talent of the draft. Is top 8 players? This year seems a little like last years draft where players could be drafted anywhere between 2-8. Is my assessment reasonable?

I'd say for me there is a clear top 5 in:

Wright
Kemell
Cooley
Savoie
Nemec

Then another drop off around 10 or so:

Slafkovsky
Geekie
Lambert
Jiricek
Yurov

Id say this is where there is a big drop in talent

Reactions: wilfred

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I'd say for me there is a clear top 5 in:

Wright
Kemell
Cooley
Savoie
Nemec

Then another drop off around 10 or so:

Slafkovsky
Geekie
Lambert
Jiricek
Yurov

Id say this is where there is a big drop in talent

Funny, I'm hoping we end up in that 2nd group of players you listed from 5th to 10th rather than the first group, although I would take Wright or Nemec. I just think the Sens will end up between 5th to 10th by season's end & hopefully end up with one of those 5. I kind of like Jiricek, Yurov, Geekie, Lambert & Slafkosky in that order though.

Reactions: Xspyrit and wilfred

MatchesMalone

Aug 29, 2010

Oh this game is always fun. I was just thinking about this the other day.

Tier I (1 player) - Shane Wright
Tier II (9 players) - Ivan Miroshnichenk, Simon Nemec, Logan Cooley, Juraj Slafkosvki, Danila Yurov, David Jiricek, Matthew Savoie, Frank Nazar, Conor Geekie
Tier III (8 players) - Jonathan Lekkerimaki, Joakim Kemell, Brad Lambert, Liam Ohgren, Gleb Trikozov, Kevin Korchinski, Seamus Casey, Pavel Mintyukov

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Kirill Dolzhenkov with the Michigan move. He has some intriguing skill for a forward listed at 6'6 236 lbs.

Last edited:
Reactions: aragorn

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Tier II (9 players) - Ivan Miroshnichenk, Simon Nemec, Logan Cooley, Juraj Slafkosvki, Danila Yurov, David Jiricek, Matthew Savoie, Frank Nazar, Conor Geekie
Tier III (8 players) - Jonathan Lekkerimaki, Joakim Kemell, Brad Lambert, Liam Ohgren, Gleb Trikozov, Kevin Korchinski, Seamus Casey, Pavel Mintyukov

Interesting that you have Kemell & Lambert in that third tier when both in most places are ranked in that second tier. My guess is that Ottawa should be drafting in that second tier so no matter who they pick from that group should be the BPA if all is equal. In other words no matter who they take from that group is as good a pick as in other, although they still have to work out for them. I'm quite sure that a couple of those guys could likely surpass others in the NHL, it always happens that way with every draft.

ijif

Dec 20, 2018

Where is Denton Mateychuk? Based on your tiers, I’d throw him in the second tier or third tier.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

On Tankathon, there are three ranks as follows:

1. Shane Wright
2. Logan Cooley, Joakim Kemell, Mathew Savoie, Danila Yurov and Juraj Slafkovsky
3. Conor Geekie, Simon Nemec, Ivan Miroshnichenko, David Jiricek, Brad Lambert and Frank Nazar.
4. All the rest of the first rounders.

MatchesMalone

Aug 29, 2010
Where is Denton Mateychuk? Based on your tiers, I’d throw him in the second tier or third tier.

Just haven't seen as much of him. I made a point to watch a couple games of Seattle and Saginaw for Korchinski and Mintyukov after you and Rafi had been hyping them, respectively. Mateychuk I've only seen at YOGs where I preferred Luneau and Lindgren at the time, and then U18s where he played very little and I was more focused on other players. Bob's last list only had him 29th but I see he's been on fire lately offensively and lots of the independent scouting services have him top 15 now. I'll have to take a closer look.

Reactions: ijif

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
I think Joakim Kemell is simply the best fit for this team.
Imagine a top 6 of:

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Formenton-Stutzle-Kemell

That is a dangerous top 6

Isn't Formenton more of a third line? In theory I'd put him on the third line.

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Jarvente-Stutzle-Kemell
Formenton-Pinto-Greig

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
So right now we'd be drafting 4th overall. I think Kemell, Savoie, Slafkovsky are more realistic forwards for us. I think let's give up on Cooley and Wright and instead target more realistic players since we aren't gonna win the lottery.

I'd be more interested in getting another 1st so we can snag another RW and a RHD D-men later in the first or another skilled guy ehh let's see. I just don't want this team to screw up like last season when we went from potentially getting Clarke and ending up with Boucher.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Slafkosky so impressive vs the USA. This kid is a load and his confidence is elite. Reminded me of Ovechkin vs the USA he has that much size, confidence and presence

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
So right now we'd be drafting 4th overall. I think Kemell, Savoie, Slafkovsky are more realistic forwards for us. I think let's give up on Cooley and Wright and instead target more realistic players since we aren't gonna win the lottery.

I'd be more interested in getting another 1st so we can snag another RW and a RHD D-men later in the first or another skilled guy ehh let's see. I just don't want this team to screw up like last season when we went from potentially getting Clarke and ending up with Boucher.
As of today we are 43% to draft 7th, 30% - 6th, 11.5% - 8th, 7.9% 2nd, 7.6% 1st.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Would really like to grab Ryan Greene with any of our late 2nds/3rd round picks.

Very Pinto'esque

Would be very happy to come out of the 2nd with Rinzel early and Greene late.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnny Hanson

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008

Unless they are planning to trade Paul, I don't see how they can get another 1st, unless Dorion pulls off the trade of the century and tricks some GM to overpay for Tierney

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
As of today we are 43% to draft 7th, 30% - 6th, 11.5% - 8th, 7.9% 2nd, 7.6% 1st.
Got to hope Buffalo (.417), Philadelphia (.406), and New Jersey (.390) somehow win a lot of their games as our point percentage is .413. I guess you could throw Chicago .439 in there as well.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
After thinking about who I like from this draft and who this team might actually draft based on inherent-biases to some traits, I've made a prediction on who I think this team will pick considering where they might finish (probably not top-3).

I would be extremely happy and confident if they were to pick either Cooley (forward) or Nemec (defense).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00