GDT: 2022 NHL Draft: Round 1, Thursday 07/07 on ESPN @ 4:00 PM PST. Rounds 2-7, Friday 07/08 on NHL Network @ 8 AM PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlatIron

Sep 27, 2017
Montreal
Can't wait for Kraken vs Habs next year or whenever both Wright and Slaf are both in the lineup. Habs fan here, I hope Hughes made the right choice. Hopefully both players work out for both organizations.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
The thing with Bacon is that he is just analytics driven. I like his work but cannot depend on just stats for evaluations.

And according to bacon, Montreal's 1OA has a very very little chance of making it into the NHL. So he doesn't really know anything to be honest on how well the players will ACTUALLY do.

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
I'm really happy with this draft. We stocked the cupboard with all those picks, we got numerous guys with huge upsides and several players that were projected higher than where we got them.
Really happy with Wright, Firkus and Goyette especially.

The goalie idk, but I love the name. Kokko! We're gonna have a guerilla in net.

Reactions: Irie

AarG

Oct 11, 2021
Last edited:

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
It's funny, on the main boards all anyone wants to talk about regarding this team are the missed opportunities from the expansion draft.
It seems to go unnoticed that Francis has presided over two great entry drafts though, I mean the farm is going to be STACKED in a way that most teams should envy.
They won't all be NHL'ers but this team is being built the right way. Very bullish on this team when it matures.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
It's funny, on the main boards all anyone wants to talk about regarding this team are the missed opportunities from the expansion draft.
It seems to go unnoticed that Francis has presided over two great entry drafts though, I mean the farm is going to be STACKED in a way that most teams should envy.
They won't all be NHL'ers but this team is being built the right way.

That's because it's all about narrative and how to make yourself feel better by trying to laugh at others.

I mean, I've heard so much shit about that and it seems lilke there's always a new guy being thrown in their as the flavor of the month.

Last I heard people critisizing Francis for not taking Matt Duchene of Nashville even though absolutley no one was touching that contract at the time the expansion draft was actually held.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
That's because it's all about narrative and how to make yourself feel better by trying to laugh at others.

I mean, I've heard so much shit about that and it seems lilke there's always a new guy being thrown in their as the flavor of the month.

Last I heard people critisizing Francis for not taking Matt Duchene of Nashville even though absolutley no one was touching that contract at the time the expansion draft was actually held.

It's true, some of these named guys were a terrible, albatross type contract to take on just for the sake of making a splash. Him in particular.
Granted a couple of others like Domi or Ghost would have been smart assets to flip but the damn ship has sailed.

To me though, the proper building of this team is unfolding right in front of us. Was never about the first two years or so.

Reactions: RainyCityHockey

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
It's true, some of these named guys were a terrible, albatross type contract to take on just for the sake of making a splash. Him in particular.
Granted a couple of others like Domi or Ghost would have been smart assets to flip but the damn ship has sailed.

To me though, the proper building of this team is unfolding right in front of us. Was never about the first two years or so.
Columbus had to add a 6th round pick and retain salary to Domi and only received a fairly pedestrian return in the prospect Hreshuk. Not to mention, Domi would have cost Seattle 6 million in actually salary. Passing On Domi was a pretty smart move, imo.

Ghost actually cost Philly a 2nd and a 7th to dump after expansion. With the Covid cap issues, the entire market was flat. Most players that had value that were going to be exposed, where flipped before the draft.

Everyone is still claiming Francis screwed up, but the truth is that there really was no market.

Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Woke up this morning with a real sense of optimism about the team's future. RF had a great couple of days at the draft. In a couple of years or so, we are going to have centre depth like very few other teams in the league.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
He'll play for Harvard this coming season.

Also, Ty Nelson with some style.

I think the Kraken did fantastic in the first few rounds...Wright is going to be 1-2 Center in Seattle with Beniers for the next 10-15 years, while Firkus is going to be Seattle's Eberle when the time comes and D Goyette slots as a great number 3 center and Ty Nelson in going to be another Tyson Barrie. Don't anything about the Finn,Nyman or MacDonald or the rest of the bunch. Looks like a couple of the picks where the AHL in mind almost immediately! Like I said earlier, love the S Wright,J Firkus,D Goyette and T Nelson picks!!! Seattle's future at Center is set. Beniers, Wright and Goyette and Winterton! Two LC's and 2 RC's! Next Defense and Wingers then Goal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad