GDT: 2022 NHL Draft: Round 1, Thursday 07/07 on ESPN @ 4:00 PM PST. Rounds 2-7, Friday 07/08 on NHL Network @ 8 AM PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
OK, so let's get real.

Who dou you think we'll draft at #4?
Or do you think we'll even trade down?

Also, do you think we'll add another first round pick?

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
OK, so let's get real.

Who dou you think we'll draft at #4?
Or do you think we'll even trade down?

Also, do you think we'll add another first round pick?
I have no idea anymore because there is no guarantee who goes ahead of us. I think we go with one of Wright, Cooley or Nemec at 4 if available. If all 3 are gone, all bets are off. I hope I am wrong but I feel like we don't pick Slaf even if he drops to us. We may just drop down a few spots and pick one of Nazar, Gauthier or Jiricek at 6.

If we do drop back, I definitely see us grabbing another late 1st round pick. If not, I can still see us use our own 2nd + another 2nd (2022/23) + 4th (2022/23) to move up a few spots into the late 1st round.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Yeah, most likely.

Though, I hope Francis does something and adds another first rounder given that you can't make all those selections in one year.
Yeah. I hope so too. It would help accelerate the rebuild. Assuming we finish in the 7-10 range next year, how many spots do we move up if we trade #35 (this year) + 2nd 2023 (39-42) range? Plus maybe another 2nd round pick we have accrued? Early 20's? Late teens?

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Tampa is looking to trade back possibly but not sure 31 for 35 + 58/61 is great value?

I wouldn't give up another 2nd rounder just to move up four spots.

It would be more like #49 + #58/#61 which also seems to fit more to previous years looking at value of draft picks.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

It would be more like #49 + #58/#61 which also seems to fit more to previous years looking at value of draft picks.

Where has 49 + 58/61 moved you into the first round? No way a team moves back 18 spots for a late 2nd. That 49 needs to be much closer to 40 than 50.

Where has 49 + 58/61 moved you into the first round? No way a team moves back 18 spots for a late 2nd. That 49 needs to be much closer to 40 than 50.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany

Then throw in a couple of 4th rounders if needed.

Overall I don't think giving up another 2nd rounder to move up those four spots is woth it.

Reactions: Irie

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

Overall I don't think giving up another 2nd rounder to move up those four spots is woth it.

That's why I said what I did in the first post, don't see the benefit in it unless you really want someone. Plus throwing in 4th's isn't going to get it done.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA

Depends on how the organization views the player. If for some reason a player really high on their board has dropped into the 20's the GM better do his due diligence and see what it would cost to move up from 35 up so that they can pick the player. They can then evaluate if it is 'worth' it or not.

I do agree with @HoseEmDown that it would cost us atleast 2 2nd's (including our own this year) to move up into the 1st round. Maybe even more. To me it's simply about quality vs quantity. If the player we are interested in is top-15 on our board, then sure do it. Heck even throw another 4th rounder in there.

Totally making this up but lets say Miroshnichenko (who has been anywhere from high teens to early 2nd round) drops to the mid 20's. I would absolutely move our own 2nd + another 2nd to grab him. Maybe even a 4th. Really depends on the quality.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Depends on how the organization views the player. If for some reason a player really high on their board has dropped into the 20's the GM better do his due diligence and see what it would cost to move up from 35 up so that they can pick the player. They can then evaluate if it is 'worth' it or not.

I do agree with @HoseEmDown that it would cost us atleast 2 2nd's (including our own this year) to move up into the 1st round. Maybe even more. To me it's simply about quality vs quantity. If the player we are interested in is top-15 on our board, then sure do it. Heck even throw another 4th rounder in there.

Totally making this up but lets say Miroshnichenko (who has been anywhere from high teens to early 2nd round) drops to the mid 20's. I would absolutely move our own 2nd + another 2nd to grab him. Maybe even a 4th. Really depends on the quality.

I wouldn't mind doing that for a player in the mid to later 20's but not for the 31st pick.

Reactions: Fistfullofbeer

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I wouldn't mind doing that for a player in the mid to later 20's but not for the 31st pick.

If you want say 25 it'll cost 35 + 49 most likely. Trading two top 50 picks for one seems risky when you have no real prospect pool yet. Moving 35 + 58 + a couple of 4th's is also a bit much right now. Unless you can somehow recoup some picks later. You should be trying to draft 10 kids this year.

AarG

Oct 11, 2021
I would be ecstatic to get one of Wright/Slaf/Cooley but i am fine with Nemec as well. Anything else and I'm disappointed (unless there is a trade happening).

Reactions: Fistfullofbeer

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I can't wait to see if any team including us goes off-board based on what the rumors are.

Wright, Slaf, Cooley and Nemec are supposed to go top-4 in one order or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille