GDT: 2022 NHL Draft, Rd 1 Thursday 7/7 ESPN 4:00pm, Rds 2-7 Friday 7/8 NHL Network 8am

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
The Sharks probably don't have anything worthwhile to make available for Dach that makes sense. They're not giving up 11 for a kid struggling to produce in the NHL. Maybe you do something like a Wiesblatt and a future 2nd for Dach but not 11.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Grier shocks everyone and trades EK65 Meier Vlassic 11 pick to MTL for the 1 pick. Then goes off the board to draft consensus #11 pick.

THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS - ShOrKs HoCkEy!!!!

1) 11 and next year's 1st to Montreal for 1

2) Trade 1 to a team for their 2nd this year and 1st next year

3) Trade the 2nd and next year's 2nd to get back into the 1st round

4) Trade the freshly acquired 1st this year and next year's 1st from the earlier trade to move up in the round to like 15 or so.

5) Pick a guy at 15 then proudly proclaim that he was the guy you had on the board at 11 anyways and now they were able to trade down and get him

6) Dodge the question when it comes up that the team traded down and ultimately come out behind because the net result was trading away next year's 1st to move back 4 spots in the draft.

7) Grier takes off his Mission Impossible latex mask and it was Doug Wilson all along

8) ???

9) profit.

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Tough to trade Dach if you're Chicago. 3rd overall pick just three years ago means you shouldn't sell too low because of that pedigree, but his performance also doesn't warrant that big of a return.

That being said, a player like him would be ideal for the Sharks--young with room to grow and develop, not expensive against the cap. If only it weren't Dach, lol.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
It is interesting because it seems like some people (myself included) were willing to trade the 11th for Kakko.
I feel that Kakko is (a) already a solid player, so even if he doesn’t improve much on what he is you’re still getting a solid player, whereas with Dach he’s real bad at the moment and (b) Kakko’a potential is higher. That’s why I’d be willing to move the pick for Kakko but not Dach, anyway.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
I feel that Kakko is (a) already a solid player, so even if he doesn’t improve much on what he is you’re still getting a solid player, whereas with Dach he’s real bad at the moment and (b) Kakko’a potential is higher. That’s why I’d be willing to move the pick for Kakko but not Dach, anyway.
Plus Kakko just had a good playoff run on a line with other young players

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
After the success that Lafreniere-Chytil-Kakko had in the playoffs, I don't know why NYR would want to move him. Roll with that line next year.

Reactions: Sandisfan

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Is ESPN simulcasting the Rogers Sportsnet draft feed or are they producing their own content?

Cause I hate that Sportsnet has the exclusive rights to all NHL programming including the draft now. Their crew sucks outside of Friedman and David Amber.

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
Is ESPN simulcasting the Rogers Sportsnet draft feed or are they producing their own content?

Cause I hate that Sportsnet has the exclusive rights to all NHL programming including the draft now. Their crew sucks outside of Friedman and David Amber.
Nem,looks as if it’s ESPN doing their own broadcast. Buccigross, Boucher, Weekes and a lady I don’t know.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I'm surprised ESPN doesn't have any of the TSN guys actually at the draft to help with the coverage. Aren't they co-partners or something?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad