GDT: 2022 NHL Draft, Rd 1 Thursday 7/7 ESPN 4:00pm, Rds 2-7 Friday 7/8 NHL Network 8am

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Sheng article on who we might take.
Scouts suggested Kasper, Kemmel and Korchinski.

Also apparently Yurovs agent is calling teams trying to tell them to draft him so that’s really desperate and still a hard pass from me.

pappaf2

Feb 24, 2009
Bay Area, CA

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Sheng article on who we might take.
Scouts suggested Kasper, Kemmel and Korchinski.

Also apparently Yurovs agent is calling teams trying to tell them to draft him so that’s really desperate and still a hard pass from me.
I mean I get it. With the new Iron Curtain falling, I'd be desperate to get the hell out of Russia too

Reactions: Sandisfan

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I'd love Kasper but there's long been a sense he doesn't get past a few of the teams ahead of us (especially Detroit)

I'm going to miss the patented Doug Wilson "I'd gladly pay you tuesday for a hamburger today" trade where he acquires a round X pick this year for next year's X and X+1 picks.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Ugh this site is almost impossible to move around in right now for me. The google ad spaces take over places to click to move around unless I'm actually in a thread. So annoying.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Ugh this site is almost impossible to move around in right now for me. The google ad spaces take over places to click to move around unless I'm actually in a thread. So annoying.
The ads that start playing sounds are annoying. Or you open a thread at the newest post like it automatically does for you and then it scrolls back up like 7 posts above the newest one.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I updated this to the first post but it's worth repeating here and likely again tomorrow:

Please do not make a new thread for each pick. The mods will handle that. Every year it sucks when the site begins to bog down because of traffic and we've got half a dozen users scrambling for internet points by being the first to make the prospect discussion thread for each selection. Because then the mods have to fight the sluggish site and errors to try and merge/prune duplicate content and keep things in line.

I have made a thread for the 11th overall selection. It will be unlocked and updated when the pick is made. Other threads will be added tonight in advance of tomorrow's rounds and/or created as the team moves and acquires picks.

This new thread embargo should also extend to any trades the team makes for basically the same reasons.

And though it likely gets ignored because content creators rarely actually pay attention to where they spam their content, if you're someone coming from off-site to plug your blog's draft breakdown or whatever please make sure to use the correct existing draft discussion threads (this one for general talk, prospect-specific ones for individual picks). Do not just make a new thread solely for your own content. The only real exception to this would be Sheng/FTF because they already have their own thread(s) and they are an aligned, Shark-specific outlet.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Debrincat for 7, 39 and a 3rd. Not saying it would have beaten it, but not trading for hill maybe means we’d have been able to be competitive….

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Chicago is seriously going to tank hard next season. I feel like they could have gotten more but it seems maybe they only wanted picks?

Anyway, I'd say the biggest challenge in the Sharks getting in on such a trade would be the cap considerations. The assumption is that DeBrincat gets a new deal next year worth $9 million per, and while I can't say he wouldn't be worth it, the cap fit for the Sharks would be quite challenging unless they want to let Timo go. And if that's the case, what's really the point of DeBrincat?

Erep

Jul 17, 2019

Yeah, I know the report, but no one is going to give Chicago that kind of value after the DeBrincat trade. Now every trade Chicago makes will be compared to that one in negotiations, in terms of how they value picks vs players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad