GDT: 2022 NHL Draft Lottery - Devils win 2nd overall pick!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I haven't. I'll give it a shot, but keep in mind how close it is at the top -- this is very, uh... "shuffle-able":

1 Wright
2 Power
3 Hughes
4 Slafkovsky
5 Beniers
6 McTavish
7 Jiricek
8 Nemec
9 Edvinsson
10 Cooley
Oh, I didnt realize Wright is seen that highly. Too much negative media spewing how he has under performed this season like he is a scrub. The kid was granted exceptional status and still was very productive in Jr. I haven't watched him much at all . I just assumed he would be taken at #1 overall so there was no point watching him as I usually only pay attention to potential Devils prospects.
I also didn't know Jiricek and Nemec are seen as that good as well. Edvinsson is a hell of a prospect and to be ranked close to him says a lot.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
First things first. Patrick was never viewed as highly as Wright who had a ton of hype ever since his OHL draft year where he got exceptional player status. Patrick was also a late birthday from the previous year and had a worse draft year than Wright. They aren’t very comparable.

Yeah I know all of that. I also don’t see how it changes anything I’ve said.

Reactions: Captain3rdLine

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Nope it's gotta be dogs. Hide em if you got em.
I guess it could be worse ? Clubbing baby seals or Koala bears.
I don't get how someone could actually do that for a living. ( seal hunters) . I know that is how they make their living but come on.... There is not enough money in the world for me to come even remotely close to be able to do that. Has to be the very very worst "job" in the world. What do you do for a living? " Oh , I club baby seals. Ya , I go out hunting for them , they pop their little heads up out of their holes and WHAMMO "

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Oh, I didnt realize Wright is seen that highly. Too much negative media spewing how he has under performed this season like he is a scrub. The kid was granted exceptional status and still was very productive in Jr. I haven't watched him much at all . I just assumed he would be taken at #1 overall so there was no point watching him as I usually only pay attention to potential Devils prospects.
I also didn't know Jiricek and Nemec are seen as that good as well. Edvinsson is a hell of a prospect and to be ranked close to him says a lot.
Jiricek actually compares pretty well to Edvinsson, though Nemec is a different kind of player. Edvinsson is a better puck-handler and skater, but I'd say Jiricek is a better passer and shooter. They're both extremely physical and good defensively. I'd give Jiricek the edge on the basis of superior awareness and hockey instincts.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ

I mean he has underperformed. He went from a guy who was seen as like a Tavares level prospect to probably like a bit better Nico when he was a prospect. He wasn’t supposed to be challenged for that top spot at all. He’ll still end up going 1 but for some he has been bumped off of 1 and it’s not just media driven. NHL scouts have moved him out of the top spot

youryeah

Jun 21, 2019
that would be awful for arizona lol wtf. that's some john chayka shit right there

Reactions: nugg

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta

You’d think they could come up with a better remote for the ping pong ball controller lol. Looks like it is straight out of 1976. Reminds me of my Colecovison controller I had when I was a little whipper snapper.
what was the % likelihood of pick #2 for us. I remember for #1 but not #2.

You can see at one poit just before the last ping pong ball… the guy controlling the contraption … his eyes glossed over and you can see where my visualization on winning kicked in and controlled him to hit the button to crap out the last ball , cinching the Devils pick at #2 .
You guys are welcome .

• Haha
Reactions: glenwo2

Normal Devil

Mar 16, 2014
You’d think they could come up with a better remote for the ping pong ball controller lol. Looks like it is straight out of 1976. Reminds me of my Colecovison controller I had when I was a little whipper snapper
I think that controller gave me the arthritis.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
Frankly, I don't see Shane Wright beating out Sakari Manninen and Patrik Rybár for MVP of the Kenny Agostino Jamboree Olympics. Montreal should definitely pass.

Team Concept

Jul 11, 2002
Wingdale, New York
I am still trying to figure out all of this love for Slafkovsky. Joakim Kemell outperformed him last season.

39-15-8-23 -13 for Kemell
31-5-5-10 +1 for Slafkovsky

I know Slafkovsky didn't get a ton of ice time early in the season, but Kemell also had better numbers during his 17 year old season than Slafkovsky. The stats below are for U20 SM-sarja:

38-22-14-36 +5 for Kemell
16-8-5-13 +4 for Slafkovsky

Bob McKenzie and Craig Button also have Kemell rated slightly higher than Slafkovsky.

I am beginning to lean Jiricek. I don't like the fact that Nemec is only 5-9.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I am still trying to figure out all of this love for Slafkovsky. Joakim Kemell outperformed him last season.

I know Slafkovsky didn't get a ton of ice time early in the season, but Kemell also had better numbers during his 17 year old season than Slafkovsky. The stats below are for U20 SM-sarja:

Bob McKenzie and Craig Button also have Kemell rated slightly higher than Slafkovsky.

Bob has Slaf higher. I don't want either of them. Jiricek's the guy. Also Nemec isn't 5'9. He's 6 feet.

Reactions: StevenToddIves

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020

First Bob McKenzie doesn’t and Craig Buttons lists are the most random lists. McKenzie surveys NHL scouts to come up with his. His latest ranking yesterday went

Wright (6 1st place votes)
Slafkovsky (2 1st votes)
Cooley (1 1st vote)
Nemec
Kemell

There’s also so much more to evaluating prospects than numbers

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY

McKenzie has Slafkovsky at #2 and Kemell at #5.

Kemell played top 6 all year and on the 1PP. Slafkovsky didn't get out of the bottom 6 or get PP time until post-Olympics.

The same reasons being argued not to draft Slafkovsky high are the same arguments which were used against his closest NHL comparable Mikko Rantanen.

Simon Nemec is 6'1-195. I think he was 5'9 4 years ago.

Lastly, debating drafting on the basis of stats without watching the players is a very tough sell, because there are a ton of knowledgable people on the Devils draft boards.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Not sure how much emphasis will be placed in these kids WC but it will be very interesting to see how they do ( Slaf Kiricek Nemec ) Is Cooley playing in the WC ? I have zero interest in him but some say (jackasses) that he might be a possibility for us at #2 ( please lord no. I cant see it happening )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad