Draft 2022 NHL Draft and Undrafted Free Agents Thread

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Gold vs Green. U17 Canada Summer Development Camp.
Start at the 8:00 minute mark.

If you go to their channel you can pull up all the scrimmages.

If you are unable, let me know and I will post them individually.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrAlmost

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Outside of the top-3, my favorite for this draft is Nate Danielson. He just missed being draft eligible for 2022, but he was fantastic last season in the WHL. Great skater with really underrated skill and a strong defensive game down the middle. I wouldn't be shocked if he's trending towards a top-5 pick next June.

Reactions: eco's bones

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
I’m going to eventually watch all six games. I want to pay attention to the goalies (something I usually don’t do) to see how many of these kids are trying to emulate Igor style.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
So many centers for 2023. I hope we keep the pick and deal from our prospect pool at the deadline.

These centers are all locks as first round picks:

Connor Bedard
Adam Fantilli
Dalibor Dvorsky
Nate Danielson
Calum Ritchie
Charlie Stramel
Eduard Sale

I’d currently have these 3 in my first round as well:

Coulson Pitre
Kalle Carlsson
Oliver Moore

These are all lock first round picks who could stick at center but may end up at wing:

Brayden Yager
Leo Carlsson
Riley Heidt
Will Smith

It’s possible half the first round ends up being centers. Others to watch are:

Kimo Gruber
William Whitelaw
Connor Levis
Martin Misiak

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
So many centers for 2023. I hope we keep the pick and deal from our prospect pool at the deadline.

Connor Bedard
Adam Fantilli
Dalibor Dvorsky
Nate Danielson
Calum Ritchie
Charlie Stramel
Eduard Sale

Coulson Pitre
Kalle Carlsson
Oliver Moore

These are all lock first round picks who could stick at center but may end up at wing:

Brayden Yager
Leo Carlsson
Riley Heidt
Will Smith

Kimo Gruber
William Whitelaw
Connor Levis
Martin Misiak

Yup.

We need the pick and we need to come away with a center who outperforms his draft slot. Get busy, scouts.

Also, can I reiterate how much I despise the fact that our original pick this past draft that we sent to Winnipeg for Copp turned into Brad Lambert?

Yeah, if I could go back in time I'd throw that game 7 to Carolina.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York

Connor Bedard
Adam Fantilli
Dalibor Dvorsky
Nate Danielson
Calum Ritchie
Charlie Stramel
Eduard Sale

Coulson Pitre
Kalle Carlsson
Oliver Moore

Brayden Yager
Leo Carlsson
Riley Heidt
Will Smith

Kimo Gruber
William Whitelaw
Connor Levis
Martin Misiak

NYR are proud to select, LW with a 2nd round grade !

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

surlysailor

May 12, 2012
BK
Yup.

We need the pick and we need to come away with a center who outperforms his draft slot. Get busy, scouts.

Also, can I reiterate how much I despise the fact that our original pick this past draft that we sent to Winnipeg for Copp turned into Brad Lambert?

Hell the worst part about that is (and yes I know other people are annoyed by this convo) we wouldn't have had to deal that pick if they just signed Buch for 1 year (or more and not add Goodrow & Nemeth) and let him walk. Instead NYR needed to replace Buch with our 1st and the 2nd we got from him. At least we have Blais instead of Lambert?

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I’m generally willing to trade picks or prospects, but the Rangers first next year should be untouchable. Learn your lesson from the Henrik era and keep the high draft picks.
If anything the lesson from the Henrik era was to trade the picks, but make sure you are signing the best NCAA and Euro free agents. Worked out great for the team. How many times did they really get burned on a pick that they traded? yeah there are guys that they COULD have taken, but those are all guys most of the other teams passed on to. You can certainly make the argument that in the last decade or so, the Rangers worst first round picks they have made in their own. And yeah I’d rather have signed Zuccarello and Hayes than drafted Kerby Rychel, Josh-Ho Sang and Dennis Cholowski

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yup.

This take sucks.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
If anything the lesson from the Henrik era was to trade the picks, but make sure you are signing the best NCAA and Euro free agents. Worked out great for the team. How many times did they really get burned on a pick that they traded? yeah there are guys that they COULD have taken, but those are all guys most of the other teams passed on to. You can certainly make the argument that in the last decade or so, the Rangers worst first round picks they have made in their own. And yeah I’d rather have signed Zuccarello and Hayes than drafted Kerby Rychel, Josh-Ho Sang and Dennis Cholowski

I look at it more from the angle that every 1sf rounder the Rangers had before starting to trade them worked out. The Rangers drafted well during the Torts and Renney years

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I look at it more from the angle that every 1sf rounder the Rangers had before starting to trade them worked out. The Rangers drafted well during the Torts and Renney years
That’s the absolute wrong way to look at it; especially if you have to go that far back. Recently drafting has been much more of a mixed bag to say the least.

So does this take.
It’s a final four run. It’s not binary between it’s a fail because they lost to a better team and 29 other teams passed on Lambert, who very well could be Angelo Esposito. You take the cup run every time over the 30th pick in the draft. It’s absurd to suggest otherwise.

Reactions: djzbad

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
That’s the absolute wrong way to look at it; especially if you have to go that far back. Recently drafting has been much more of a mixed bag to say the least.

It’s a final four run. It’s not binary between it’s a fail because they lost to a better team and 29 other teams passed on Lambert, who very well could be Angelo Esposito. You take the cup run every time over the 30th pick in the draft. It’s absurd to suggest otherwise.

I don’t. It’s an extra 6 games. At the time I wasn’t rooting to lose but in retrospect we absolutely would be better served having a prospect like Lambert and 6 less games of playoff experience.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
This is… wrong in so many levels.
It’s not wrong on any level.

What if Brad Lambert turns into Sidney Crosby? The six games still worth it? Nonsense. You take the elite player.

So the only “level” on which this could possibly be wrong is if you are saying that the prospect isn’t good enough. I don’t agree.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
It’s not wrong on any level.

What if Brad Lambert turns into Sidney Crosby? The six games still worth it? Nonsense. You take the elite player.

So the only “level” on which this could possibly be wrong is if you are saying that the prospect isn’t good enough. I don’t agree.

There’s a better chance that Lambert doesn’t play a single game at the NHL level than there is that he becomes an elite player.

Playing high stakes games was insanely
Important for this team. We now have a better idea of who can step up when it matters and who can’t. The good news? Most of the young guys stepped up.

I’ll take that over a draft pick who you’re going to need to wait in for 3-5 years who most likely won’t be all that, if anything at all.

Also our guys wouldn’t have taken Lambert.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
There’s a better chance that Lambert doesn’t play a single game at the NHL level than there is that he becomes an elite player.

Playing high stakes games was insanely
Important for this team. We now have a better idea of who can step up when it matters and who can’t. The good news? Most of the young guys stepped up.

I’ll take that over a draft pick who you’re going to need to wait in for 3-5 years who most likely won’t be all that, if anything at all.

Also our guys wouldn’t have taken Lambert.

I’m not saying Lambert is going to become Crosby, I’m just saying the concept that there are times when, if you don’t win the Cup, it would have been better for you to lose earlier and retain your pick, shouldn’t be a taboo subject. Trading your first round pick for an extra 6 playoff games isn’t a win every single time, in fact it is a losing exchange most of the time.

This happens to be one of those times as Lambert has clear top 6 potential.

If the board was picked clean I wouldn’t feel as strongly about it but a top-ish talent in this draft was left available at our pick.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
I’m generally willing to trade picks or prospects, but the Rangers first next year should be untouchable. Learn your lesson from the Henrik era and keep the high draft picks.

Especially after just trading your first this past year and missing out on Lambert. Sure, he’s no surefire can’t miss prospect, but he is better than your average mid-20s forward who is available.

They will need to come away with a guy who can play on their lineup someday; hopefully, they can get a steal and find a top 6 forward or center type a la Chytil or dare I say even Brayden Point. Or maybe closer to home, JT Miller or Chris Kreider level prospects.

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
I don’t. It’s an extra 6 games. At the time I wasn’t rooting to lose but in retrospect we absolutely would be better served having a prospect like Lambert and 6 less games of playoff experience.
The issue I have with this take is that you can use “in retrospect” to validate anything that doesn’t result in a championship.

In retrospect, maybe the Rangers should have traded Henrik Lundqvist at the peak of his career. Maybe the Red Sox should have traded Ted Williams. Maybe the Dolphins should have traded Dan Marino. Maybe the Jazz should have traded Karl Malone.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
Agree. I would go out of my way to keep every 1st round pick to make sure we keep adding NHL talent to the system.

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad