HF Habs: 2022 NHL Draft 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Does anybody have an update list of the rankings by big scouting/draft organizations? I have not seen one where Wright is not no.1. Not one.

1654798419762.png

Only ISS - I'm gonna guess Slaf because they are size humpers.

Oh and yes it was.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
If Jiricek wasnt kept away from the ice for 4-5 months, the debate for me would be between the 2, but unfortunately for Jiricek, his injury slowed down his development and there is more uncertainty at that point. Doesnt change that I still think he has huge upside and will become great, if Im NJ, he is my guy, but at 1st OV, you want to avoid the risk factor and Slaf becomes hands down the logical choice at that point.
Does a 4-5 month injury recovery stall development so much that you go from the clear cut no.1 to another person leaping over you to become "easily" the no.1 BPA. Does that cut in Jiriceks development hurt his overall career potential that much that he can no longer she considered BPA by a wide margin? I get Slaf maybe edging him out but the way you're talking now, the gap between them is night and day. Can't Jiricek use the next few years to regain his standing? I mean he was the clear cut no.1 guy for you. I'm sure if he puts in the work, he'll reach that potential. Is that too big of a risk that you wouldn't take him at no.1 anymore. Do you still believe in his potential or is he now permanently scarred from losing a few months at 18? I would've thought that someone who believed in him as much as you would look past the short term gain of Slaf and project 5-10 years away and assume Jiricek (who's initially potential was greater) will be a better player long term

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
In the end you take the best case scenerio for Slaf - 40 goals 80 pts (I am 100% he will not consistently hit this but whatever)

and take worst case scenerio for Wright - 30 goals - 70 pts two way center playing 20 mins per night.

I know what I would draft.
When has Slakovsky demonstrated in league play that he was anywhere near a PPG player. He had 0.3PPG in 33 games!

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
When has Slakovsky demonstrated in league play that he was anywhere near a PPG player. He had 0.3PPG in 33 games!
The person that has him at no.1 and keeps posting here and on twitter, thinks those are his projected stats.

Personally I do not think his game translated to that at the NHL level. He won't so easily gain the slot at the NHL level, doesn't score in the dirty areas, is not a physical force, doesn't have elite hockey IQ, has no one timer in his game atm, etc..

But even if those are his projected stats, I take the two way 70 pt 20 min a game center who has been a captain at every level and every team he has played at and has elite hockey IQ.

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
Does a 4-5 month injury recovery stall development so much that you go from the clear cut no.1 to another person leaping over you to become "easily" the no.1 BPA. Does that cut in Jiriceks development hurt his overall career potential that much that he can no longer she considered BPA by a wide margin? I get Slaf maybe edging him out but the way you're talking now, the gap between them is night and day. Can't Jiricek use the next few years to regain his standing? I mean he was the clear cut no.1 guy for you. I'm sure if he puts in the work, he'll reach that potential. Is that too big of a risk that you wouldn't take him at no.1 anymore. Do you still believe in his potential or is he now permanently scarred from losing a few months at 18? I would've thought that someone who believed in him as much as you would look past the short term gain of Slaf and project 5-10 years away and assume Jiricek (who's initially potential was greater) will be a better player long term
The injury all of a sudden became a factor for Goldenhands when he choked at the Worlds and was ultimately scratched. Until then the skating was "perfectly fine" when he came back to league play

Had Slaf had an off performance at the Worlds as well I suspect Nemec would be the clear BPA at 1OA...

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
If Jiricek wasnt kept away from the ice for 4-5 months, the debate for me would be between the 2, but unfortunately for Jiricek, his injury slowed down his development and there is more uncertainty at that point. Doesnt change that I still think he has huge upside and will become great, if Im NJ, he is my guy, but at 1st OV, you want to avoid the risk factor and Slaf becomes hands down the logical choice at that point.
Is it the injury that slowed down his development or the fact that he missed development time due to the injury that slowed him down??

I'm a huge fan of Jiricek btw, have him at 3 on my wishlist.

That's fine.I respect your choice.
That's the thing, everyone can make an arguent for Cooley, Slaf or Wright, all 3 are solid.....it's not like anyone is campaigning for Geekie or Kemell in the top 3

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Is it the injury that slowed down his development or the fact that he missed development time due to the injury that slowed him down??

I'm a huge fan of Jiricek btw, have him at 3 on my wishlist.
Probably both, but Im not too worried about the kid.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
You are bad faith here, I didnt even read your whole post. Its not the first time you try to catch me on this one and I already answered it.

Still, I had both on par at 1st OV since the Olympics, you can read the draft threads, its all there, I couldnt decide between both until I made my own list and that I had to rank one over the other.

Jiricek suffered a bad knee injury, he missed time and development while he might still feel bothered by this and feel unconfortable. That would be normal reaction after suffering a such injury, might take time before he fully trust his knee to hold on.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
The injury all of a sudden became a factor for Goldenhands when he choked at the Worlds and was ultimately scratched. Until then the skating was "perfectly fine" when he came back to league play

Had Slaf had an off performance at the Worlds as well I suspect Nemec would be the clear BPA at 1OA...
Wrong. I made a commitment on Slafkovsky post lottery, what was like 2 weeks before the WC. BTW, I still have Jiricek at 2. ;)

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
I know not everyone likes Byron's model, but when 90% of scouting agencies AND stats models put Wright at the #1 spot... it seems harder and harder for the habs not to select Wright.
Looks like a very nerdy and anemic version of Adam Driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad