NFL: 2022 NFL training camps news & notes discussion thread

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Slightly off-topic, but just wanted to give a heads up that I will not be running the "Upset of the Week" contest this year. Work has gotten way busy & stressful, so I am not going to have the time to deal with the responsibility. . If anyone wants to take over, have at it.

Reactions: Hall of Faber

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
They won’t be favored in any road game but the two advantages they have is that they only have 2 true road games the entire second half of the season (but that’s still 6 of 10 on the road to start the season) and the Falcons, Giants, Panthers and Jets all come to them. But would they go 4-0 against them? Maybe find an upset on the road? Maybe the week 18 game vs. the Rams is for nothing. That’s 6 wins, which is the number they had last year with Wilson on the field. I just don’t see it.

And playing those bad teams at home gives them claim to having a low strength of schedule, which helps them in the draft order.

If they pick any lower than 4th it would be a complete shock. They have the best chance to pick #1
I still think they are in the mix with the other bottom feeders.
Houston gets the AFC west same as Seattle. NFC East plus Miami, Cleveland when Watson returns and Chicago.
Chicago gets AFC And NFC East. Plus, Atl, SF and Houston.
NYG get the NFC North and AFC South. Plus Car, and Sea and Bal.
Atl gets nfc West and afc North. Plus, lac, Chicago and Seattle.
Jets get AFC South and NFC North. Plus, Sea as the extra game and Jax and Denver.

Plenty of losses there for them. Think it comes down to h2h matchups against each other.

Last edited:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Getting near cut down day to the 53 man roster. SF needs to decide on Jimmy. It’s not the drop dead for them until he’s on the roster sometime in September at which time his contract will become guaranteed for the season.

Still amazed at how many nfl connected people want Jimmy G to Seattle. That does what push them for a 4-6 win team to a 7/8 win team and let’s them draft in the double digits from 10-13? And then have to trade assets to move up for a good QB in the draft?

Be like TB and Denver the past few years and build up the roster. Will be a tough season but have to think long game here.

Sep 19, 2008

Preach, Danny O.....Preach! :handclap:

The media typically drums up a narrative and this is no different

I see no reason why Miami will take a leap this year especially with a QB who has shown nothing of note so far and is actually WORSE than Mahomes

One trade for Tyreek isn't going to make the Dolphins contenders

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell

I see no reason why Miami will take a leap this year especially with a QB who has shown nothing of note so far and is actually WORSE than Mahomes

Obviously you did not watch the game Saturday night. (yes, I know its pre-season, but there was a different feel to this team then I have seen in awhile,)

Sep 19, 2008

Obviously you did not watch the game Saturday night. (yes, I know its pre-season, but there was a different feel to this team then I have seen in awhile,)
I made a comment in another thread about watching segments of that game on Sunday morning before going out to the mall. Although at the time I joined the broadcast it was about 44-3 :laugh:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Getting near cut down day to the 53 man roster. SF needs to decide on Jimmy. It’s not the drop dead for them until he’s on the roster sometime in September at which time his contract will become guaranteed for the season.

Still amazed at how many nfl connected people want Jimmy G to Seattle. That does what push them for a 4-6 win team to a 7/8 win team and let’s them draft in the double digits from 10-13? And then have to trade assets to move up for a good QB in the draft?

Be like TB and Denver the past few years and build up the roster. Will be a tough season but have to think long game here.
It’s just insiders and experts doing the same shit they do at the draft just to say shit about quarterbacks. Like this year, about teams who needed their next quarterback refused to draft them except for the Steelers. But they spent months saying how awful the crop was.

“But Malik Willis might go in the top 10 because of tools!” oops 3rd round pick

“The Lions traded up 20 spots in the draft, they have to be getting a quarterback!” oops drafted a receiver with a torn ACL.

“The Saints did their homework on QB’s and traded to get an extra 1st round pick.” oops, drafted another receiver. Been hearing about this one for years.

No one knows shit.

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I don't fully understand how the NFL can't suspend Donald for this because it was a practice. They suspend dudes for non-football activities. Look at Watson, Rice, etc.

Seems pretty f***ing hard to believe.

EDIT: I read the NFL conduct policy and this is a clear violation lol
Mind posting why it's a clear violation? It isn't a non-football activity. It is a football activity. The NFL doesn't suspend players if they get in a fight with a teammate at practice. The same basic principle applies here.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
It’s just insiders and experts doing the same shit they do at the draft just to say shit about quarterbacks. Like this year, about teams who needed their next quarterback refused to draft them except for the Steelers. But they spent months saying how awful the crop was.

“But Malik Willis might go in the top 10 because of tools!” oops 3rd round pick

“The Lions traded up 20 spots in the draft, they have to be getting a quarterback!” oops drafted a receiver with a torn ACL.

“The Saints did their homework on QB’s and traded to get an extra 1st round pick.” oops, drafted another receiver. Been hearing about this one for years.

No one knows shit.
Well, if Trent Baalke is still employed somewhere, those that talk to him know stuff because that f***up couldn't keep a secret if his life depended on it.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Reactions: Elvis P

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
This is odd.

They cut Rush and others so they could keep Tyron Smith and James Washington on the roster until August 31st. This explains it a bit better:

from dallascowboys.com:

It goes without saying, and yet it must be said, that there is also a certain portion of roster-building that involves transactional acrobatics, and the Cowboys were no stranger to such in 2022, knowing they'll have to move All-Pro left tackle Tyron Smith to injured reserve, but doing so before Aug. 31 would mean he's unable to return this season; and the same applies to wide receiver James Washington.

Instead, they'll both be moved after Tuesday's deadline, allowing them to return at some point down the road and then opening spots on the active roster to be filled by whomever the Cowboys already have their eye on.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
One week from tonight the season starts. Finally a banger of a matchup on opening night too. It’s the first time in a while that it’s a matchup that actually feels hot. The last several years they’ve jammed a Cowboys or Texans in there and bleh. I think the Bears even got in there against all judgment.

I know last years game ended up being great but I have to watch the Cowboys every week of the season anyway so it didn’t feel special before kickoff.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
One week from tonight the season starts. Finally a banger of a matchup on opening night too. It’s the first time in a while that it’s a matchup that actually feels hot. The last several years they’ve jammed a Cowboys or Texans in there and bleh. I think the Bears even got in there against all judgment.

I know last years game ended up being great but I have to watch the Cowboys every week of the season anyway so it didn’t feel special before kickoff.
Kickoff game will draw regardless. But always nice to start off with an excellent matchup.

Kind of dependent on the schedule of who is to play against SB winner. This matchup is actually the extra 17th game as the bc west was scheduled to play the afc west. They are getting the East this year as their extra game.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
the jokes would have written themselves if the mascot had gotten injured last season when the ravens were practically a hospital

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

And one trade for a garbage ass quarterback doesn't make your team relevant either, so careful throwing stones in a glass house.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
1662226771812.png

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad