NFL: 2022 NFL training camps news & notes discussion thread

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
No team can acquire Jimmy at his $25 mill cap charge. So Jimmy either gets a new deal with some guaranteed money or he balks at a restructure and he becomes a free agent sacrificing money for a better situation. Needs to set himself up for the next contract for 2023 and beyond. Already has $100 mill in the bank.

The Browns still have 45M in cap space

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I like how this was even a question to begin with.

Yeah, i know. Baker was bad last year but even Baker with his busted ass shoulder is better than Sam Darnold.
\
Darnold would have been out of the league already if he wasn't a top 5 pick.
I don’t know about that about Darnold. He’s not out-of-the-league bad.

Reactions: DaaaaB's and Voight

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
It's interesting to see the league shift how camp and preseason works to where these joint practices are where the starters get most of their work done. I bet the coaches are pissed about a brawl ending their day early.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It's interesting to see the league shift how camp and preseason works to where these joint practices are where the starters get most of their work done. I bet the coaches are pissed about a brawl ending their day early.
Coaches for the most part like joint practices for their starters because they can be more specific on the plays and scenarios.

Like they can run multiple series for the offense inside the red zone. No guarantee in a game that you get that. Same with short yardage, goal line, etc. Whatever situation you want. Even 2 minute drills. Whatever the coaches agree to.

Plus it’s starters vs starters so they for the most part have been through this before and should run the plays cleanly. Not sure what happened with the Rams and Bengals. Maybe carry over animosity from the super bowl?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad