NFL: 2022 NFL training camps news & notes discussion thread

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Who the heck thought it was a good idea to have the Bengals line up against the team that took a ring away from them in a joint practice?

Apparently suspensions are unlikely:

The league, who wanted to go full WWE.

Maybe I should start treating it like the WWE?

Apr 9, 2009
USA
I don't fully understand how the NFL can't suspend Donald for this because it was a practice. They suspend dudes for non-football activities. Look at Watson, Rice, etc.

Seems pretty f***ing hard to believe.

EDIT: I read the NFL conduct policy and this is a clear violation lol

Reactions: sigma six

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Who’s idea was it anyways to have the rams and bengals do joint practices (and preseason game) after they just played in the super bowl?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Teams schedule the preseason stuff themselves

I think it's gonna be a long season in the Pacific Northwest
Those who truly follow the Hawks expect it. Not enough talent drafted in the prior 4/5 years. They are rebooting the roster.

Looking at the Hawks schedule they get outside their division:
Den, KC, LV, LAC, NYJ, TB, NO, Car, Atl, NYG, and Det.

They might be able to squeeze out week 2 vs Lance and SF since he’s still very green.
NYG, NYJ, Det, Atl have legit shot to win.
Car not quite a coin flip but not a huge underdog.
Figure they squeeze 1/6 in division.

They are likely going to end up as a 6-11 team.

Based off a 6 win season this is where teams have drafted in recent years:
2021- 7th
2020- 10-12th
2019- 9-10th
2018- 8-12th
2017- 9-11th

You’d think 6 wins was low but the earliest a 6win teams drafted was last season with chicago.

But the goal of the Hawks is to see strong play from their recent draft picks. But win just enough games to be in the bottom so that they can draft a highly rated QB and not have to use any other assets to trade up to get one.

After QB, they still want to use their next 3 picks on the rest of the roster.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

@snipes @StreetHawk

It’s Geno Smith time!

Bryce Young here we come!

Geno and Lock would grade our roughly the same. Geno more consistent but not as many splash plays or mistakes. Lock you get more highs but that comes with some lows.

Seattle opting for the steadier hand at this point in time.

Seahawks are opting for a top 3 pick.

It‘s going to be hard for us to watch this year.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021

it's actually not as hard to watch a shitty team as you'd think.

you just have to go into each game 1) trashed off your can; and 2) without any expectations. then you'll be ok.

EDIT: I just realized you're an Oilers fan. Assuming you were alive from 2006-2015, you've seen your share of shitty games already so 17 shitty games shouldn't faze you.

Last edited:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Not sure they will land top 3 pick.

Bottom of the nfl will be any combo of:
Houston, Jets, Giants, Atlanta, Seattle, Chicago.

Seattle has head to head vs Atl, NYG, Jets which could decide things for them for better or worse.

Figure they land bottom 6.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Seahawks are definitely a bottom 3 team on paper. They have the worst QB situation, a poor defense, a coach almost definitely planning his next move, and the AFC West on their schedule. They won’t win 5 games, and that’s generous.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Seahawks are definitely a bottom 3 team on paper. They have the worst QB situation, a poor defense, a coach almost definitely planning his next move, and the AFC West on their schedule. They won’t win 5 games, and that’s generous.
I hope a lot of the people who were downplaying Wilson's game realize just how much that team was being carried by him.

Reactions: GKJ and snipes

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The games they need to win if they are going to win games are the Jets, Giants, Falcons.

Have a legit shot vs Lions and Panthers.

Probably that first game vs SF and Lance.

Everyone else is going to be an upset if they win.

Afc West, Rams, AZ cause the games are before week 10 and Murray and AZ struggles come in the second half. Second game vs SF. TB and NO.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The games they need to win if they are going to win games are the Jets, Giants, Falcons.

Have a legit shot vs Lions and Panthers.

Probably that first game vs SF and Lance.

Everyone else is going to be an upset if they win.

Afc West, Rams, AZ cause the games are before week 10 and Murray and AZ struggles come in the second half. Second game vs SF. TB and NO.
They won’t be favored in any road game but the two advantages they have is that they only have 2 true road games the entire second half of the season (but that’s still 6 of 10 on the road to start the season) and the Falcons, Giants, Panthers and Jets all come to them. But would they go 4-0 against them? Maybe find an upset on the road? Maybe the week 18 game vs. the Rams is for nothing. That’s 6 wins, which is the number they had last year with Wilson on the field. I just don’t see it.

And playing those bad teams at home gives them claim to having a low strength of schedule, which helps them in the draft order.

If they pick any lower than 4th it would be a complete shock. They have the best chance to pick #1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad