NFL: 2022 NFL regular season news & notes discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Definitely don't disagree there. Buffalo's offense is already the best in football. Adding a legit bellcow back like CMC? game over.

That gives the Bills the ability to run an offense at any pace they see fit. Not to mention he's also a pain in the ass to defend in the passing game.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I don't honestly know what a defense is supposed to do against a hypothetical Bills team with a healthy CMC added. No chance whatsoever you can prevent them from gaining yards in any possible situation so you just have to try forcing turnovers and hope for the best.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Shoot your shot. Next year is when Josh Allen's cap hit becomes astronomical. Go for it.

Anybody can get hurt at any time. And they have Singletary for load management. My fantasy team would cry though.

If you're pushing chips to the middle, you accept the risks. And it's definitely time for the Bills to push chips to the middle.
Naturally anyone can get hurt. But I’d say there is higher risk with guys who have shown a history of injury. Rashad Penny of Seattle suffered another season ending one.

CMD has to be healthy by the deadline. I think Buffalo looks elsewhere if he’s got something nagging.

Aside from him who do the likes of Wash, Pitt, Hou, Chi, etc have available at RB that would also interest Buffalo?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Naturally anyone can get hurt. But I’d say there is higher risk with guys who have shown a history of injury. Rashad Penny of Seattle suffered another season ending one.

CMD has to be healthy by the deadline. I think Buffalo looks elsewhere if he’s got something nagging.

Aside from him who do the likes of Wash, Pitt, Hou, Chi, etc have available at RB that would also interest Buffalo?
Antonio Gibson seems to be moving down the depth chart in Washington, and he would be useful in passing downs, which I don't know if they trust any of their guys there.

Rex Burkhead has always been a good foot soldier.

The AFC is an arms race though. If CMC is available and you can get him, and he's not dying, they should do it.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
3bc1de44-9143-4ea8-9960-bdeee9e2ddb6.JPG

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
He's implying Harbaugh would have never accomplished anything without Ray Lewis and Lamar Jackson. Which is wrong, but sure.

Personally i think Harbaugh is at that Andy Reid point where he's clearly a good coach, but both sides need a change.

The guy has posted 2 losing seasons in 14 years, won a super bowl and always have the Ravens in the conversation.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He's implying Harbaugh would have never accomplished anything without Ray Lewis and Lamar Jackson. Which is wrong, but sure.

Personally i think Harbaugh is at that Andy Reid point where he's clearly a good coach, but both sides need a change.

The guy has posted 2 losing seasons in 14 years, won a super bowl and always have the Ravens in the conversation.
Equivalent of Tomlin in Pitt. Sets a good culture. Solid front office. He’s been through how many QBs? Did he get the tail end of McNair then into Flacco and now into Jackson? Couldn’t get any more different at QB than the 2 he had.

He’s be off the market with multiple offers if he was let go.

But even going back to the best flacco years they couldn’t draft WR to save themselves. Best were like signing a FA like Derek Mason and Steve Smith SR and getting Mike Wallace. Can’t really name a good WR that they drafted.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC

I was thinking that's what it was implying and I just...nobody would be that dumb?

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Equivalent of Tomlin in Pitt. Sets a good culture. Solid front office. He’s been through how many QBs? Did he get the tail end of McNair then into Flacco and now into Jackson? Couldn’t get any more different at QB than the 2 he had.

He’s be off the market with multiple offers if he was let go.

But even going back to the best flacco years they couldn’t draft WR to save themselves. Best were like signing a FA like Derek Mason and Steve Smith SR and getting Mike Wallace. Can’t really name a good WR that they drafted.
he never coached mcnair. his first season was also flacco's rookie year (08)

and yeah, the ravens weakness has always been drafting WRs. they've never developed an elite WR for as long as they've been in baltimore. the best they drafted and developed was probably torrey smith

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
he never coached mcnair. his first season was also flacco's rookie year (08)

and yeah, the ravens weakness has always been drafting WRs. they've never developed an elite WR for as long as they've been in baltimore. the best they drafted and developed was probably torrey smith
Smith was more of a WR2. Yeah, it’s just a position group that they are terrible at developing.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

Even so... Sure. Every successful coach had good players make the actual plays. In his case, we're talking about the coach who drafted and has developed Lamar Jackson. Seems like something he'd be proud of.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Smith was more of a WR2. Yeah, it’s just a position group that they are terrible at developing.
exactly. they've never drafted and developed an elite WR. the only other one who even comes close to smith is hollywood brown but even he had drop issues. it's puzzling

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Why ANY organization hired a pastor to make decisions is beyond me

Separation of church and state

Players were saying how bad this clown was trying to interfere in their lives outside of the stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad