NFL: 2022 NFL regular season news & notes discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Kickers can be fickle. If they are off they can cost you games.

Daniel Carlson had a brutal start for the Vikings after they drafted him. Got cut a few games into his rookie year then picked up by the raiders. Pro Bow kicker with them.

Blankenship was in year 3. So kind of time for him to show some consistency. Missing kicks was one thing but I heard he sent 2 kickoffs out of bounds to give houston a short field at their own 40.

He declined a fair bit in season 2, and while he did put 2 kickoffs OB, in his defense he hasn't been the kickoff guy in the past, the punter had handled that

He's not necessarily a bad kicker, but he is nothing all that special either

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He declined a fair bit in season 2, and while he did put 2 kickoffs OB, in his defense he hasn't been the kickoff guy in the past, the punter had handled that

He's not necessarily a bad kicker, but he is nothing all that special either
How many K do not kickoff in the nfl? I get it for the older guys but you kind of expect them to do it as well? Especially someone as young as RB.

Elvis P

Pretzel Logic
Dec 10, 2007
ATL

I've never thought Favre was an angel, but a multi-millionaire manipulating the welfare system of one of the poorest states is really low.

I wouldn't have understood this before I became a parent. A 43 year old with a history of concussions winning his 7th SB and then playing 2 more years is pretty sad.

Last edited:

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Lamb is going to go into the offseason expecting to get superstar money. Things could get ugly with the Cowboys if he has a bad season and the team doesn't offer him the big contract he wants.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

I've never thought Favre was an angel, but a multi-millionaire manipulating the welfare system of one of the poorest states is really low.

I wouldn't have understood this before I became a parent. A 43 year old with a history of concussions winning his 7th SB and then playing 2 more years is pretty sad.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If they don't bring out Tom Holland for that show, then what are we even doing here

• Haha
Reactions: Tony Romo

Elvis P

Pretzel Logic
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
After 71 years the Pro Bowl is done and gone. There will be a skills competition and flag game instead.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
A Patriots RB blew out his knee (Edward’s I think his name was #47) at some flag game.
I think it was on a beach. He missed 3 years. Nearly had his leg amputated. Peyton Manning was on the field with him. It hyperextended so bad that it was hanging sideways.

Reactions: Elvis P

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

That would be terrifying.

Makes more sense than adding OBJ with the emergence of Davis at WR to go opposite Diggs.

Is the Bills issue with their run game the RB or poor run blocking?

Issue is whether CMD will be healthy come trade deadline.

He is showing as a $18.3 mill dead cap hit in the off-season for Carolina. Only a $1 mill base salary this season. ONly carries a sub $9 mill cap hit this season.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
IMG-7340.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: TheGreenTBer

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

That would be terrifying.

Shoot your shot. Next year is when Josh Allen's cap hit becomes astronomical. Go for it.

Makes more sense than adding OBJ with the emergence of Davis at WR to go opposite Diggs.

Is the Bills issue with their run game the RB or poor run blocking?

Issue is whether CMD will be healthy come trade deadline.

He is showing as a $18.3 mill dead cap hit in the off-season for Carolina. Only a $1 mill base salary this season. ONly carries a sub $9 mill cap hit this season.
Anybody can get hurt at any time. And they have Singletary for load management. My fantasy team would cry though.

If you're pushing chips to the middle, you accept the risks. And it's definitely time for the Bills to push chips to the middle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Voight
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad