NFL: 2022 NFL off-season news and notes thread

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Yeah, with this injury + previous and fact he will miss what is essentially 3 years its hard to envision a scenario in which he makes it back to play in NFL

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
going to be very weird seeing someone else punt for the ravens (and hold for tucker)

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Brees was never comfortable in front of the camera or announcing

He reminded me of that tight end from Dallas who just never had the feel for it.
These networks seem to bank on these guys walking from playing to announcing with barely any training. A lot of them flame out, but maybe they'd be better if asked to spend more time practicing their craft.

Elvis P

Everybody on the whole cell block
Dec 10, 2007
ATL

DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
1653339023557.png

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
The NFL did miss an opportunity to have the Bills-Lions game on Nick alongside CBS, where Nick's broadcast would have featured commentary by Jessica DiCicco in character as Lynn Loud Jr. from The Loud House, which is set in Michigan.
Oh yes, what a missed opportunity lol.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
These networks seem to bank on these guys walking from playing to announcing with barely any training. A lot of them flame out, but maybe they'd be better if asked to spend more time practicing their craft.
Which seems to specifically be what Brees wants to do oddly enough. If they didn’t re-sign Collinsworth, this doesn’t happen.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Gruden is ticked. I don’t even think at this point paying him his entire salary left on his contract would satisfy him. He’s angry that he ended up getting singled out and only his emails from the Washington investigation were leaked and no one else’s.

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Gruden is ticked. I don’t even think at this point paying him his entire salary left on his contract would satisfy him. He’s angry that he ended up getting singled out and only his emails from the Washington investigation were leaked and no one else’s.

Yup, if he’s going down he’s gonna take a lot of people with him. If those emails have Snyder, Jones or any other higher up NFL player/owner/executive then shit will hit the fan.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Yup, if he’s going down he’s gonna take a lot of people with him. If those emails have Snyder, Jones or any other higher up NFL player/owner/executive then shit will hit the fan.
Despite being a raiders fan, Gruden was wrong for writing and sending those emails.
But in the matter of him getting singled out from that Washington investigation I do hope he wins it. But from the sounds of things at best he’s going to get more money, like punitive type damages over and above what is owed to him on his 10 year deal. and it’s not like Washington will be penalized or the other emails leaked as a result.

If Gruden sent those emails via his own person one like a Gmail one then he could still have all of the replies back. But I believe that he used the ESPN account which is all probably deleted from the server and archives given how long it’s been. IT doesn’t like to keep that backup for that long.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Despite being a raiders fan, Gruden was wrong for writing and sending those emails.
But in the matter of him getting singled out from that Washington investigation I do hope he wins it. But from the sounds of things at best he’s going to get more money, like punitive type damages over and above what is owed to him on his 10 year deal. and it’s not like Washington will be penalized or the other emails leaked as a result.

If Gruden sent those emails via his own person one like a Gmail one then he could still have all of the replies back. But I believe that he used the ESPN account which is all probably deleted from the server and archives given how long it’s been. IT doesn’t like to keep that backup for that long.
Kinda feel the same way. It’s not to support Gruden, especially given what was said, but the NFL acted like their mirror is clean when it’s not, and it was only going to take this kind of situation to get it out into the open.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021

Kinda feel the same way. It’s not to support Gruden, especially given what was said, but the NFL acted like their mirror is clean when it’s not, and it was only going to take this kind of situation to get it out into the open.
All of this.

This isn't about supporting a guy that deserved to be fired. This is about the NFL deserving the dirtiest of dirty laundry, and then some.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
All of this.

This isn't about supporting a guy that deserved to be fired. This is about the NFL deserving the dirtiest of dirty laundry, and then some.
But is this lawsuit going to result in anything other than more money for Gruden? Like I said before, I think at most he gets his full contract paid plus punitive damages for whatever he gets be it $10 mill or $50 mill or whatever.

Is anything going to happen to Synder, the NFL, or anyone else associated with the WFT at the time? Just a hit to the pocketbook for the nfl.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad