NFL: 2022 NFL off-season news and notes thread

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
The NFL once again screwed up Thanksgiving. The team with the longest active drought out of the 4 not named Detroit or Dallas is New England, whose last appearance was only 10 years ago.

The games should have been Jaguars-Lions, Buccaneers-Cowboys and Rams-Chiefs. The exclusion of the Jaguars is insulting as they are still the only team yet to play on Thanksgiving, and the exclusion of the Rams is insulting on two fronts - they are the defending champs and have the longest active Thanksgiving drought.

These three games were what I wanted because Detroit and Dallas should be hosting the home opponents with the longest active Thanksgiving drought, and the night game would pit the remaining team with the longest active drought versus its opponent with the longest active drought.

Don't be surprised if members of Congress representing cities whose teams have very long Thanksgiving droughts drew up legislation that would remove antitrust protections from the NFL.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The NFL once again screwed up Thanksgiving. The team with the longest active drought out of the 4 not named Detroit or Dallas is New England, whose last appearance was only 10 years ago.

The games should have been Jaguars-Lions, Buccaneers-Cowboys and Rams-Chiefs. The exclusion of the Jaguars is insulting as they are still the only team yet to play on Thanksgiving, and the exclusion of the Rams is insulting on two fronts - they are the defending champs and have the longest active Thanksgiving drought.

These three games were what I wanted because Detroit and Dallas should be hosting the home opponents with the longest active Thanksgiving drought, and the night game would pit the remaining team with the longest active drought versus its opponent with the longest active drought.

Don't be surprised if members of Congress representing cities whose teams have very long Thanksgiving droughts drew up legislation that would remove antitrust protections from the NFL.
That definitely will not happen. Definitely will not.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
I'm going to start a petition to get the NFL to adopt my scheduling formula for Thanksgiving. This should be the one national TV time slot where every team outside of Detroit and Dallas should more or less rotate playing on.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Bengals definitely didn't get a schedule indicative of a team on the doorstep of winning a super bowl, only 1 home prime time game and it's week 17 against the bills

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
The NFL also owes Pennsylvania a primetime matchup between the Eagles and Steelers. Despite the only ever schedule primetime matchup between the two 40 years ago being canceled by a players' strike, the matchup this year was set at 1 PM ET. Not even a 4:25 DH slot. Worse yet, CBS is the singleheader network that week, blame Fox for wanting a major lead-in to the World Series.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
As I want ABC's broadcasts to be oriented towards 90s MNF viewers, for its one exclusive game this season the Vikings and Eagles should wear the uniforms they wore in their 1990 MNF matchup.

1990_MIN_1.png
1990_PHI_2.png

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Why was their 1990 matchup important?

Also, the reason the Eagles don’t wear Kelly green as alternates is because of rules on the helmets. I don’t know how that works but they’ve wanted it for years and apparently they can’t get them until next year.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
49ers play every game in their time zone after week 6. If they stay healthy they should get stronger as the season goes on.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg

The Chargers" schedule shown as an anime. It's worth watching even if you neither like the Chargers nor animes.

Gruß,
BSHH

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Raiders have Mullens and Gilbert behind Carr. I believe both have played more than Stidham. But the new staff is from NE so he would know the system better than the other 2.
Gilbert was cut. But yes probably has to do with Stidham knowing the system a bit better and neither of Mullens or Gilbert being anything special. Not that Stidham is but now they don’t have to waste time having the backups who will almost never play learn the system.
Only follow verified sources.

Even verified sources will pull fakes at times. It’s not about verification.

Just stupid!

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Gilbert was cut. But yes probably has to do with Stidham knowing the system a bit better and neither of Mullens or Gilbert being anything special. Not that Stidham is but now they don’t have to waste time having the backups who will almost never play learn the system.

Even verified sources will pull fakes at times. It’s not about verification.

The baby mama lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad