NFL: 2022 NFL off-season news and notes thread

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The 2020 season where they had postponements and had to run multiple games on weekdays likeky changed the trajectory.

Elvis P

Everybody on the whole cell block
Dec 10, 2007
ATL

The landscape is changing. The elite of the elite used to not do tv. Now we have the Mannings, Gretzky, Messier, Chelios, Brady, etc. I could see Magic. I don't think Bird and MJ will be next. ;)

Reactions: Melrose Munch

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Thanksgiving feels like

Washington @ Detroit
Cincinnati @ Dallas
Buffalo @ Baltimore

Opening night Bills @ Rams

SNF opener Ravens @ Bengals. Ravens might be starting with 3 road games and the first 2 in the division.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
I think the Thanksgiving games, as I mentioned in an earlier post, should be:

Jaguars-Lions
Buccaneers-Cowboys
Rams-Chiefs

The Buccaneers, Rams, and Chiefs would all be making their first Thanksgiving appearances since 2006 or in the Rams' case, 1975, while the Jaguars would be making their first ever.

I was also hoping Tom Brady one day succeed Bill Belichick as the Patriots' HC.

tank44

Feb 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
I think the Thanksgiving games, as I mentioned in an earlier post, should be:

Jaguars-Lions
Buccaneers-Cowboys
Rams-Chiefs

The Buccaneers, Rams, and Chiefs would all be making their first Thanksgiving appearances since 2006 or in the Rams' case, 1975, while the Jaguars would be making their first ever.

I was also hoping Tom Brady one day succeed Bill Belichick as the Patriots' HC.
On Thanksgiving you don't really need the marquee matchups though. People will watch. You have that with the Jags-Lions but the other two matchups should be SNF/MNF any other week of the year. Rams, Bucs & Cowboys will also get the max of primetime games

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Raiders @ Titans to go with Broncos @ Rams on Christmas. Guessing the night game will be some NFC teams but leaks can't quite nail down who. Hope it's not Saints @ Eagles :laugh:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Davis will lose the Raiders, it's a matter of time before some Vegas billionaire buys the team
Most likely the Davis family loses control of the Raiders once the Matriarch of the family, Carol Davis passes. Once control passes to Mark, there is a massive inheritance tax to pay. Davis doesn't have the money to pay it off.

The same would apply to a couple of the other long time NFL families. If they don't have other business interests aside from the football team. Denver is reportedly likely to sell for close to $5 billion dollars, making the value of other teams similar. These teams have been in the family for decades, so the appreciation in value is now Billions.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Raiders have Mullens and Gilbert behind Carr. I believe both have played more than Stidham. But the new staff is from NE so he would know the system better than the other 2.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The leaker I was following now admits they’re fake, which I guess is easy to say once some of the reporting proves you wrong, but at least they admitted it, saw some people I knew RT’ing them which is why I paid attention.

Sep 19, 2008
The leaker I was following now admits they’re fake, which I guess is easy to say once some of the reporting proves you wrong, but at least they admitted it, saw some people I knew RT’ing them which is why I paid attention.
Only follow verified sources.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
It's not even the first year that person has faked leaking games. Seems like every year they create a new account with the NFL logo with the title "NFL Schedule Leaks" and starts making shit up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad