2022 NFL/NCAA U.S. Football Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camille the Eel

I hear what you're saying and respect the analysis, but @Devils731 posted the shot and it was definitely holding.

If it was only slight interference in the crease or a shit holding call and the Devils won on the pp in game 7 of the scf in overtime I'm not sure you'd have the same opinion.
I hear you. Definitely wouldn’t have the same opinion.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Fair enough too. Certainly it was a foul under a strict interpretation of the rule. But one you see often let go. So I ask you, if you’re not a KC or Philly fan, just watching for entertainment - wouldn’t you rather they just let them play on at that point? It wasn’t an egregious foul and maybe he doesn’t catch that ball. It looked quite overthrown to me. The flag came in late too.
My oldest son would probably wish a gut wrenching call against every other team in thr NFL until a Time Machine is invented so the flag for pass interference can be thrown against the Rams.

Reactions: Camille the Eel

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Ton of FA's for Eagles + the 50M contract they're going to hand Hurts is going to make the Eagles situation a bit murky but they should be back. NFC East is meh, they should be better than the Giants/Commanders/Dallas next year. Giants could change a lot of the division with their offseason, pretty sure Dallas is capped out + Commanders have no QB.

Reactions: My3Sons

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
You don't know that. KC was scoring regardless and that gross team was out of to's.
KC’s defense didn’t even force a punt all game, and the Eagles had more than a minute and a half to get at least a FG. This wasn’t AS bad as Rams-Saints but it was completely inconsistent to call that compared to the passive whistles the rest of the night. You want officials not deciding play in the last two minutes if possible, and actually working the rest of the night, instead they took the first fifty eight minutes off (not one holding call all game when both offenses were cutting through the D left and right?) THEN called a ticky tack foul that all but decided the game

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
I don’t think Waffle House offers all you can eat?
Smothered and covered, side of bacon, waffles with extra (corn) syrup, and cheesy grits for about $14? No can defend and he can afford 11 of them.

Added benefit? The whole team can riot in the place and the worst consequence will be ending up on world star.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Some additional fuel for the fire.

D61DB3E0-CE9B-482E-857C-84A2F20E1D9B.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: NJDevs26

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
KC’s defense didn’t even force a punt all game, and they had more than a minute and a half to get at least a FG. This wasn’t AS bad as Rams-Saints but it was completely inconsistent to call that compared to the passive whistles the rest of the night. You want officials not deciding play in the last two minutes if possible, and actually working the rest of the night, instead they took the first fifty eight minutes off (not one holding call all game when both offenses were cutting through the D left and right?) THEN called a ticky tack foul

They missed a hold on Bradberry earlier in the game. I'm sure it was either talked about at half between that crew to look at him specifically as a player. It's like how NHL treat refs Tom Wilson + Jacob Trouba (lol) or any other guy who hits hard or another example is how Joesph Blandisi used to dive like it was going out of style when he was on the Devils. Don't do shit if you've already gotten away with something in the refs eyes.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
The only way to properly celebrate south of the Mason Dixon drunk after midnight.

View attachment 649586

now, i dont know any songs with the title mason dixon line but thought well, "there goes robert e lee"....

found this song though . (seen this guy's records for decades in the bargain bins...not once have bought one nor ever heard his music)

i guess today i learned that "new country" had already existed in 1984.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They forced 2 in the 4th.

And as I said to @Camille the Eel you wouldn't be complaining if it was a comparable situation with the Devils hoisting the cup.

A: look at the screenshot, it was holding by the book, even if a bit chintzy.

B: they wouldn't have had a minute and a half.
I forgot about the Toney return but they still gave up 35 points

If it was the Devils we’d be the ones getting screwed on the inconsistent borderline call. And I was rooting for the Chiefs but it’s still annoying the NFL officials always find a way to make it all about them

Last edited:

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
If it was the Devils we’d be the ones getting screwed on the inconsistent borderline call. And I was rooting for the Chiefs but it’s still annoying the NFL officials always find a way to make it all about them

Every fanbase says that tbf, lol. The Eagles offense shouldn't have only scored 11 points in the second half, don't put yourself in positions for the refs to call you on things has always been my motto. Even applies to the Bernier major Devils fans always talk about.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Every fanbase says that tbf, lol. The Eagles offense shouldn't have only scored 11 points in the second half, don't put yourself in positions for the refs to call you on things has always been my motto. Even applies to the Bernier major Devils fans always talk about.
I mean they still scored 35 points and controlled the clock, you can’t literally score every time out even in the modern NFL. If you want to blame anyone put it on the overrated D who did actually let the Chiefs score pretty much every possession in the second half, no sacks, no turnovers.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
now, i dont know any songs with the title mason dixon line but thought well, "there goes robert e lee"....

found this song though . (seen this guy's records for decades in the bargain bins...not once have bought one nor ever heard his music)

i guess today i learned that "new country" had already existed in 1984.

The Band is such an afterthought in today’s world .

Reactions: njdevils1982

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I mean they still scored 35 points and controlled the clock, you can’t literally score every time out even in the modern NFL. If you want to blame anyone put it on the overrated D who did actually let the Chiefs score pretty much every possession, no sacks, no turnovers.

Sure at the defense but the offense still looked bad the second half. Their best play was a busted coverage by a corner who left DeVonta Smith wide open after they were driving them at will. Part of me thinks they think Bijan at with the Saints pick because they don't have a true alpha RB in their backfield with Sanders, Scott, Gainwell.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
ya, i thought the exact same and it bothers me. sure, you the money and what not. but man, let the guys who got it done take it first. its just very strange and self important.
Plus it would make you look great to be the guy who goes, “Don’t hand it to me, hand it to guys who won it.” And then get your time with it later.

You can really have your cake and eat it too in that moment.

Reactions: njdevils1982
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad