2022 NFL/NCAA U.S. Football Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Dolphins lose a first-round pick, ostensibly for tampering with Tom Brady and Sean Payton while nominally cleared of the tanking games charge...not so much cleared of the owner wanting Flores to tank though.

Reactions: My3Sons

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Dolphins lose a first-round pick, ostensibly for tampering with Tom Brady and Sean Payton while cleared of the tanking games charge...only if you buy what the league and team says in their statements and not what's actually in the report

As much as I hate Miami as a Jets fan, it reminds me a lot of NHL's punishment with us/Kovy. A ton of teams still tamper but doing it with Brady/Payton somehow crossed the line.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
As much as I hate Miami as a Jets fan, it reminds me a lot of NHL's punishment with us/Kovy. A ton of teams still tamper but doing it with Brady/Payton somehow crossed the line.
I don't really think it was a punishment for tampering although the Brady stuff was pretty out in the open this offseason, never mind the other alleged incident the last time he was a free agent. I think it was a punishment for Ross telling Flores to tank games that they don't want to admit happened the way Flores said (the telling him to tank, not him or the team actually doing it), so they hype up the other stuff as the reason for the punishment.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I don't really think it was a punishment for tampering although the Brady stuff was pretty out in the open this offseason, never mind the other alleged incident the last time he was a free agent. I think it was a punishment for Ross telling Flores to tank games that they don't want to admit happened the way Flores said (the telling him to tank, not him or the team actually doing it), so they hype up the other stuff as the reason for the punishment.

That's possible, just don't like the NFL's reasoning. They also made Flores looked worse by bringing up the suit by not even using his testimony as a reason to hurt Miami. So everyone lost in the process. That being said, it probably means Tua's their QB in 2023 which is better than them possibly trading for Lamar if he has a fallout with Baltimore.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
It just never ends as a Dolphins fan. Unbelievable.

That's possible, just don't like the NFL's reasoning. They also made Flores looked worse by bringing up the suit by not even using his testimony as a reason to hurt Miami. So everyone lost in the process. That being said, it probably means Tua's their QB in 2023 which is better than them possibly trading for Lamar if he has a fallout with Baltimore.

the Dolphins still have the 49ers 1st in the '23 draft

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
The NFL’s team discipline is sketchy. You will never convince me the Saints were penalized for running a bounty program. They were punished because Payton lied to Goodell even though thr league didn’t really address that in the ruling. I don’t think any Saints player actually served a suspension for the bountygate but Payton sat out a whole year. My guess is something else is also going on in the Miami ruling. Thr tanpering is common and widespread. Every team would lose picks for it. It has something to do with Flores and the tanking in my view.

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
Dolphins lose a first-round pick, ostensibly for tampering with Tom Brady and Sean Payton while nominally cleared of the tanking games charge...not so much cleared of the owner wanting Flores to tank though.

Lol, the investigation found that if Ross offered the $100k per loss it was obviously meant in jest. Flores is a sociopath.

The NFL’s team discipline is sketchy. You will never convince me the Saints were penalized for running a bounty program. They were punished because Payton lied to Goodell even though thr league didn’t really address that in the ruling. I don’t think any Saints player actually served a suspension for the bountygate but Payton sat out a whole year. My guess is something else is also going on in the Miami ruling. Thr tanpering is common and widespread. Every team would lose picks for it. It has something to do with Flores and the tanking in my view.

They only investigated that aspect of it because of Flores’ (false) allegations. It’s similar to an independent counsel investigation that discovers evidence of something else unrelated to what he was charged with investigating.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Lol, the investigation found that if Ross offered the $100k per loss it was obviously meant in jest. Flores is a sociopath.
And you buy that excuse/rationalization? You'd have to be an actual sociopath or a moron to say that as a joke.

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
And you buy that excuse/rationalization? You'd have to be an actual sociopath or a moron to say that as a joke.

Let’s just say, unlike you, I’ve read Flores’ complaint where he made the allegation in the first place. It’s one or two sentences and offers no context, unlike other allegations he makes where he screen shots text messages or gives details like time, place etc. The NFL found that there’s no evidence that it happened, and if it did it wasn’t to taken seriously.

Normal people say awkward things sometimes, and Ross is kind of an odd duck to begin with. By contrast filed an incoherent Al Sharpton-esque lawsuit in the hopes that it would catch on with credulous sports journalists. None of his former players are supporting him, and the ones that are commenting are saying that he was a lunatic and are glad he’s gone.

Reactions: Clam Jensen

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Flores is definitely a lunatic, but Ross is a top 5 worst owner in sports. Can't win, can't tank properly, can't tamper properly. What good are you, dude?

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
while fair, the Jags are ALWAYS expected to be bad lol the Dolphins always have hope and then are always just mediocre. They dont have a playoff win in 21 years.

I‘m hoping for some semblance of respectability with Pederson running the show. One more year of Meyer may have killed Lawrence‘s career.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
If by sketchy you mean "complete and utterly vindictive drunken dart-throwing bullshit" then I agree.

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
Flores is definitely a lunatic, but Ross is a top 5 worst owner in sports. Can't win, can't tank properly, can't tamper properly. What good are you, dude?

He pays the bills and doesn’t meddle all too much. I don’t know what else Dolphins fans want from him. If you want to fault him for something it was getting himself mixed up with Flores in the first place.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Look, the Dolphins deserve everything they get for this because they are an incompetent organization

BUT

are the Texans going to get any punishment for aiding a sexual predator in Watson, or....?

He pays the bills and doesn’t meddle all too much. I don’t know what else Dolphins fans want from him. If you want to fault him for something it was getting himself mixed up with Flores in the first place.

bro I promise you, Ross is terrible. Every Dolphins fan HATES him, and for good reason. he is incompetent.

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
Look, the Dolphins deserve everything they get for this because they are an incompetent organization

BUT

are the Texans going to get any punishment for aiding a sexual predator in Watson, or....?

bro I promise you, Ross is terrible. Every Dolphins fan HATES him, and for good reason. he is incompetent.

I’ve been a Dolphins fan for more than 30 years. I’m well aware that a lot of other fans don’t like him. The inside baseball information I have from someone who most people here probably know is that his biggest fault is that he’s a weird and awkward guy. It doesn’t have much to do with the team’s lack of success over the years. If anything a lot of people who were killing him for sticking with Grier too long, all the sudden changed their tune this off-season.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ

Gambling. That's all you need to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad