NFL GDT: 2022 NFC Divisional Round: (2) San Francisco 49ers vs (5) Dallas Cowboys

SF vs DAL

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
He started slow but to say he was pretty bad given the numbers and end result is quite ridiculous. Every QB has spots where they're not hitting their throws especially when the field and ball is wet to start the game. He still ended up with 3 TD throws, no picks, and 332 yards. That is not being pretty bad. It's ignoring the good to focus on the slow start.

I watched the game I don't just rely on the stats lol.

He played meh and is not a good quarterback there's a reason Kyle calls the game the way he does for him. If he can win a superbowl with such a below average tier QB he should be a first ballot HOFer.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I watched the game I don't just rely on the stats lol.

He played meh and is not a good quarterback there's a reason Kyle calls the game the way he does for him. If he can win a superbowl with such a below average tier QB he should be a first ballot HOFer.
Clearly you didn't with that sort of silly takeaway. His second half was near perfect. Even his first half with the jitters and the weather, he was making the correct reads pre-snap and post-snap. I just don't think you know how to properly analyze QB play.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
You realize he had an 89.5% QBR during the Wildcard, right? Good for second of all teams?

Useless stat largely driven by good scheming and making things as easy as possible for him and he still made some really big mistakes that will get keyed in on by a good defense and bad throws.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Useless stat largely driven by good scheming and making things as easy as possible for him and he still made some really big mistakes that will get keyed in on by a good defense and bad throws.
That you are completely exaggerating while dismissing the good throws he made. Don't act like he hasn't already played against a good defense.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
That you are completely exaggerating while dismissing the good throws he made. Don't act like he hasn't already played against a good defense.

Making the occasional good throw doesn't mean you played good as a quarterback. The 49ers are clearly winning in spite of their quarterback, per usual with them.

And while I am not going to get into semantics about who is or isn't a good defense, I think Dallas is clearly the best defense he has played. That said, I expect the niners to game plan well and make Diggs and his crew tackle on outside runs all game and as I said, the Shannan over McCarthy advantage is about as big of an advantage as we'll see this weekend.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Making the occasional good throw doesn't mean you played good as a quarterback. The 49ers are clearly winning in spite of their quarterback, per usual with them.

And while I am not going to get into semantics about who is or isn't a good defense, I think Dallas is clearly the best defense he has played. That said, I expect the niners to game plan well and make Diggs and his crew tackle on outside runs all game and as I said, the Shannan over McCarthy advantage is about as big of an advantage as we'll see this weekend.

What are those really big mistakes?

Your posts just read like a bunch of cope being you're scared of the Niners.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
What are those really big mistakes?

Your posts just read like a bunch of cope being you're scared of the Niners.

Scared? I'm not a Cowboys fan I've made it quite clear I expect them to win not only this game but will almost certainly be in the Superbowl. I've had KC Vs. SF as a the Superbowl since October lol.

He missed open receivers a lot, threw balls in less than ideal spots and I think he had three plays in a row where he scrambled backwards to his bad side and threw the ball away lol. Against a team as bad as Seattle you can get away with those things but as we saw in previous years with the 49ers QB situation it ultimately does come home to roost. Maybe it won't this year because they have added such a high end weapon like CMC, but the offense is as plug and play as it gets and the praise he gets for basically throwing to wide open players is a tad much.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

To act like Purdy isn't contributing to their wins is to not be watching these games. He isn't perfect and he did make a few bad throws but it was maybe four at the most which is pretty normal for QB's. Purdy is able to scramble to his blindside because he has mobility and sometimes the right throw is to throw it away. None of the throws that were made for completions were bad reads. Seattle was leaky on pass defense all day. Lots of things were open. His misses on open guys were for other open guys. Complaining about a handful of throws and calling him bad for it when he had three touchdown throws is an absurd standard that you likely don't apply anywhere else. They are not winning in spite of their QB. Don't fool yourself.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
To act like Purdy isn't contributing to their wins is to not be watching these games. He isn't perfect and he did make a few bad throws but it was maybe four at the most which is pretty normal for QB's. Purdy is able to scramble to his blindside because he has mobility and sometimes the right throw is to throw it away. None of the throws that were made for completions were bad reads. Seattle was leaky on pass defense all day. Lots of things were open. His misses on open guys were for other open guys. Complaining about a handful of throws and calling him bad for it when he had three touchdown throws is an absurd standard that you likely don't apply anywhere else.

Not gonna bother going back and forth too much because it's my opinion based on watching him lol. He's basically Gardner Minshew on an elite team. We'll see what happens going forward.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Not gonna bother going back and forth too much because it's my opinion based on watching him lol. He's basically Gardner Minshew on an elite team. We'll see what happens going forward.
Yeah because if you went back and forth, you'd realize how your opinion and what you base it off is severely lacking. Watch some tape and analyze it. It's not that hard to do.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Yeah because if you went back and forth, you'd realize how your opinion and what you base it off is severely lacking. Watch some tape and analyze it. It's not that hard to do.

I'm sure you're right and the fact you continue arguing with me as opposed to accepting my agree to disagree about it is certainly not a sign of doubt or insecurity but rather steadfast in your beliefs.

Enjoy the game. Niners should win I'd say 30-24 especially running toss plays with Deebo and CMC making the Cowboys corners tackle.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I'm sure you're right and the fact you continue arguing with me as opposed to accepting my agree to disagree about it is certainly not a sign of doubt or insecurity but rather steadfast in your beliefs.

Enjoy the game. Niners should win I'd say 30-24 especially running toss plays with Deebo and CMC making the Cowboys corners tackle.
Agree to disagree only works when there are two valid opinions supported by evidence. You dismiss evidence and stick to your opinion that's based on whatever you saw rather than showing any tape or pointing to any stats.

Reactions: David Suzuki

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Eagles come and go with Lane Johnson. I understand he’s playing, but I’d be surprised if he’s anything more than 50% effective with the type of injury he’s going to be playing through as a tackle. That, and they peaked early, and haven’t looked very good for about a month. And I don’t trust their coaching staff.

I do think they beat the Giants but the winner of this game goes to the Super Bowl.

Their record is documented without Lane, and I believe in that. Just weird to kind of halfway hold up the 49ers, ding them for their schedule in a macro sense, and eschew the Eagles when they’re 7-1 against teams with winning record, something that hasn’t been done in 13 years.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Their record is documented without Lane, and I believe in that. Just weird to kind of halfway hold up the 49ers, ding them for their schedule in a macro sense, and eschew the Eagles when they’re 7-1 against teams with winning record, something that hasn’t been done in 13 years.
Eagles will be a difficult out no matter who it is. Whoever wins the 49ers-Cowboys game will be a tough out too. I don't know how one has the confidence that this game's winner is going to the Super Bowl when this game will take a physical toll on whoever escapes it with a win that absolutely can be taken advantage of by the Eagles or the Giants. Nobody has won a game the week after playing the 49ers this season and there will always be question marks behind a 3rd string rookie QB regardless of how well he performs.

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
49ers are stacked. Only question is QB. Purdy struggled in the first half last week that a better defence would have exposed. Dallas on their game can beat absolutely anyone, the best of the best...they can also lose to anyone and are very capable of laying an egg.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Eagles will be a difficult out no matter who it is. Whoever wins the 49ers-Cowboys game will be a tough out too. I don't know how one has the confidence that this game's winner is going to the Super Bowl when this game will take a physical toll on whoever escapes it with a win that absolutely can be taken advantage of by the Eagles or the Giants. Nobody has won a game the week after playing the 49ers this season and there will always be question marks behind a 3rd string rookie QB regardless of how well he performs.
The 49ers stat was more important in the eagles getting the 1 seed than anything really.

Giants by the way didn’t win a game against a team with a winning record until last week. They were 0-7 - which accounted for all if their losses.

fin8

Apr 10, 2010
sault.ste.marie,on
I’m going with Dallas because that’s my team. They need to contain the run, and hopefully Dak plays lights out like he has for most of his career. Going to be tough against a great niners team. We shall see.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes