NFL GDT: 2022 NFC Championship Game: (1) Philadelphia Eagles vs (2) San Francisco 49ers

PHI vs SF

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The Niners need to upgrade their middle of their oline, got destroyed today.
Draft wise they have a pair of compensatory 3rds from the nfl for minorities hired from their staff last of season. Would secure another one with the Ten GM hire. Talking about picks in the late 90’s to early 100’s.

I’d imagine OL is the focus followed by wherever group they would lose veterans from.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I wouldn’t mind a struggle if there was effort. They let that happen which is unacceptable for them. It’s their job.
I doubt the Officials association would want them to have to physically break something up by having to pull players off one another.
Anything more than getting between players is asking too much from officials. Just given the physical size and strength of nfl players.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Draft wise they have a pair of compensatory 3rds from the nfl for minorities hired from their staff last of season. Would secure another one with the Ten GM hire. Talking about picks in the late 90’s to early 100’s.

I’d imagine OL is the focus followed by wherever group they would lose veterans from.
The push the Eagles was getting up the middle was too much for them.

What an ugly game though. The Niners averaged 3.6 yards per play and the Eagles 3.8. Jalen was pretty bad but those turnovers killed the Niners. Johnson cant drop that ball.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The push the Eagles was getting up the middle was too much for them.

What an ugly game though. The Niners averaged 3.6 yards per play and the Eagles 3.8. Jalen was pretty bad but those turnovers killed the Niners. Johnson cant drop that ball.
Yeah. Game truly turned when Johnson dropped the ball. Even if SF gets nothing out of that final drive that had what like 1:14 left in the half at the time, they go down 14-7 at the half. But if JJ still ended up concussed during that possession not sure how SF is able to still keep it close once Philly scored a TD in the second half.

Half time speech would basically be Shanny telling the D it’s on them to win the game for the team. No points allowed and they need a TO which they never got.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
Well congrats to the Eagles! Don’t think you would have won if it wasn’t for Purdy getting hurt or the refs, and I think y’all will get pumped in the Super Bowl.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Well congrats to the Eagles! Don’t think you would have won if it wasn’t for Purdy getting hurt or the refs, and I think y’all will get pumped in the Super Bowl.
Unless the SF interior OL was going to play better Purdy would only have been able to do so much. Their RG got beat badly by Sih which got Johnson knocked out of the game.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Unless the SF interior OL was going to play better Purdy would only have been able to do so much. Their RG got beat badly by Sih which got Johnson knocked out of the game.

The unfortunate nature of the injury being as it may, stuff like that happens when you actually get to the QB. Reddick sack-fumble, recovers second fumble that sets up the 21-7 score. No one talking about his win-rate because his plays actually changed the game.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I doubt the Officials association would want them to have to physically break something up by having to pull players off one another.
Anything more than getting between players is asking too much from officials. Just given the physical size and strength of nfl players.
It’s still done literally all the time. They just didn’t care and let it get out of hand. They didn’t even get between the players is the point.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Disappointing game for how excited I was for it. Shanahan not challenging Smith's opening drive catch then Purdy's injury basically determined the game's direction. Congrats to the Eagles. Super consistent team who plays great as a team on both sides of the ball.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Philadelphia police scanner was entertaining haha, streamer just got booted off YouTube :madfire:

Yeah I heard this I think. The chatter was they thought an awning from a business or something collapsed. Or maybe that was something else

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The Niners having a tight end try to block Reddick one on one in is :laugh::laugh:. Unfortunately for them that is the play Brock got hurt.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Philadelphia police scanner was entertaining haha, streamer just got booted off YouTube :madfire:

Yeah I heard this I think. The chatter was they thought an awning from a business or something collapsed. Or maybe that was something else
Aside from likely broken bones and concussions I wonder if there are any lacerations from the plexi glass.

• Wow
Reactions: HisIceness

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Disgraceful behavior by the 49ers in the last minutes of the game. Walked off the field like straight bitches.

Sens fans know all about getting pumped, don't they? In a multitude of ways from predicting the playoffs for the last 3 years to getting their net filled all season long. :laugh:

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Some fear that Brock may require Tommy John surgery. That would be crushing. Would be out all of the next season pretty much. Dont know exactly what is wrong but it apparently is an UCL injury.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Some fear that Brock may require Tommy John surgery. That would be crushing. Would be out all of the next season pretty much. Dont know exactly what is wrong but it apparently is an UCL injury.
Didn’t think SF would be in on Brady but if this injury is serious to Purdy, and if he comes in at a low cap number, he’s shown that he is durable. The ACL tear is the only games he’s ever not started in the nfl.

You would play Brady in 2023 while Purdy recovers and you could insert Purdy as the starter in 2024. Not sure how to run navigate Lance as they would require a backup. Either him or another guy.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

They’re getting 3 picks for Carthon I heard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad