WJC: 2022 IIHF WM U20 D1B, Tallinn, Estonia (december 12 - 18)

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
France playing without Dair today who has been registered as a 13th forward, I'm going to assume some kind of minor injury. Simonsen looks dominant at this level, everything else more or less as expected.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
It's funny because I expected to see Benjamin Bougro on the french roster, then I looked him up and Switzerland poached him like they did Jonas Taibel. As I can tell it's becoming a sort of trend.
I'm not sure if that's quite poaching, considering his father has been coaching Swiss teams since he was 10 years old and he's lived there since then. And he's actually played for the Swiss junior national teams for years now.

HungryFrank

Jun 20, 2015
how come there are no season stats for Japanese players on EP? Is Japanese federation hiding their stats?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Japan is surprisingly keeping it even on both the scoreboard and the ice. Interesting.

A minute later Slovenia scores a 3rd and Sato gets 5+20 :laugh: Classic.

Last edited:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
At least Ukraine's games are on their federation's YT page for sure. I think some other team's as well.

Hasa92

Aug 4, 2012
Finland
You have to pay 5 Euro per game. Also, it is not availablye in most countries...

Really? The Japan - Slovenia game was free for me but I'm from Finland so maybe it's only free for some countries.

Edit: Nope, just tried to watch a game and there is a paywall now.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Yeah Japan is waaay better than I expected, they played a pretty even game against Slovenia and they are all over Ukraine now. Definitely the team that France has to take very seriously, especially since Slovenia has managed to secure the 3 points against them already.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
After 2 days of games, looks like France is an even bigger favorite than first expected. Slovenia has to work very hard for wins against Japan and Poland that France just completely dominated.

Also great job by the broadcast crew to miss the penalty shot being taken :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: tornaado66

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Deserved win to Ukraine. France is obviously the better team but they played a terrible, undisciplined game and completely flipped out when facing the tiniest bit of adversity.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Looks like the loss to Ukraine helped France lose their sense of entitlement which steamed from them in the previous games. With no room left for errors, they are completely dominating Japan. Slovenia will only need to get to OT in the game against France to get promoted though so their task is slightly easier. However, if France brings their A-game just like today, they are heavy favorites.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad