OT - NO POLITICS 2022 II - Waiting for the groundhog......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I really admire Sean Penn, hasn`t always been the case, felt he was a top shelf A Hole but the tireless work he has done with his foundation CORE for years now and many other causes he has not just put his name behind but actually backed it up with action is beyond amazing, he`s one of those well known names whose actions match his words
I remember he went to help during hurricane Katrina.

I always thought he was a good actor. Turns out he is a good human as well.

62180b0dd80ca400192d0baf

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I remember he went to help during hurricane Katrina.

I always thought he was a good actor. Turns out he is a good human as well.

62180b0dd80ca400192d0baf
another great example, I think he was an actor that loved or loves acting but hates all the other stuff that goes along with it like being followed constantly and not having the privacy he likely values and he appeared to be this spoiled and constantly angry guy who had all these gifts but seemed to lack gratitude for them. Not sure if he was always involved with humanitarian focus but what he`s done over the last few decades has been amazing

Reactions: Ladyfan

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
another great example, I think he was an actor that loved or loves acting but hates all the other stuff that goes along with it like being followed constantly and not having the privacy he likely values and he appeared to be this spoiled and constantly angry guy who had all these gifts but seemed to lack gratitude for them. Not sure if he was always involved with humanitarian focus but what he`s done over the last few decades has been amazing
Maybe he just grew up. He has been involved with humanitarian efforts for quite a few years now. I respect that a lot.

What I really like is that he doesn't just throw money at helping but he joins in and leads.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Man she is in really, really deep shit. :(
Yes she is and apparently she's been in jail for 3 weeks. She's now being used as a pawn. She's a POW now :(

This isn't uncommon in some countries especially during times of unrest. I was warned that planting drugs happens in the Philippines quite a bit (6 years ago) and to not let my bags out of my sight until they were tagged and I was checked in at the airport.

I just hope she can be freed quickly

Reactions: BMC

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Gas stations near me are over $4 so if this conflict goes on another month or two, which I expect it will, I think that we are looking at $5 gas prices in Mass.
Im not allowed to drive so G/f has my truck. Diesel costs more now so she can fill it :laugh:

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Sorry but I cannot get behind anything Sean Penn does. He can give copious amounts of money and charity.. but he's still an abuser. Look at his history. He has a continued history of violence.

And him tying Madonna to a chair for 9 hours abusing her. Hit her with a baseball bat. I dont care that she didnt press charges. He remains a piece of shit. Will always be a piece of shit.

I have no tolerance for violence of any kind like that. The fact he has a long list of things like that and is still lauded by Hollyweird freaks me out.

/end rant.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Sorry but I cannot get behind anything Sean Penn does. He can give copious amounts of money and charity.. but he's still an abuser. Look at his history. He has a continued history of violence.

And him tying Madonna to a chair for 9 hours abusing her. Hit her with a baseball bat. I dont care that she didnt press charges. He remains a piece of shit. Will always be a piece of shit.

I have no tolerance for violence of any kind like that. The fact he has a long list of things like that and is still lauded by Hollyweird freaks me out.

/end rant.

Yeah, Sean Penn is an obnoxious shithead. Even when he does charitable stuff or activism he makes it all about himself. Not to mention his abuse of women.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Yeah, Sean Penn is an obnoxious shithead. Even when he does charitable stuff or activism he makes it all about himself. Not to mention his abuse of women.

That's how I feel. And don't get me wrong. I'm glad he is charitable. Good. But that doesnt negate ANY of abuses of women, photographers, etc etc. I just cannot in good conscience let that go.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
This happened a few days ago, but this plane was destroyed by Russia. :(

I can't imagine the horsepower required to get that beast off the ground. Kind of surprised Ukraine didn't fly it somewhere safe when Russia was building up to the war.

They have said they plan to rebuild it.

Reactions: BMC

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
That's how I feel. And don't get me wrong. I'm glad he is charitable. Good. But that doesnt negate ANY of abuses of women, photographers, etc etc. I just cannot in good conscience let that go.

I don't want to give the impression that being guilty of one offense doesn't mean you can't speak out against another, since we're all hypocrites in some fashion, but it's a matter of proportionality and credibility. If you've tied a lady to a chair and beat her for hours, maybe let someone else be the face of the no war for oil campaign.

Reactions: Mione134

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

/end rant.
per Madonna. I agree he was/is a hot head, but Madonna only cared about drama and herself.
"“I am aware of the allegations that have surfaced over the years accusing Sean of incidents of physical assault and abuse against me,” Madonna testified in the amended complaint. “Specifically, I am aware of the allegations concerning an alleged incident that occurred in June, 1987, whereby (according to tabloid reports), Sean allegedly struck me with “a baseball bat.” I know the allegations in those and other reports to be completely outrageous, malicious, reckless, and false.” She continued: “I am also aware of allegations concerning an incident that occurred in December, 1989, which purportedly resulted in Sean’s arrest for domestic assault and battery against me. I know those allegations to be false. While we certainly had more than one heated argument during our marriage, Sean has never struck me, ‘tied me up,’ or physically assaulted me, and any report to the contrary is completely outrageous, malicious, reckless, and false.”

Last edited:

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
i just noticed gas was over 4 bucks a gallon here.
im oblivious to this stuff.
i just bend over and pay. im the same way with buying shit at the supermarket.
no clue shit is so expensive.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
per Madonna
"“I am aware of the allegations that have surfaced over the years accusing Sean of incidents of physical assault and abuse against me,” Madonna testified in the amended complaint. “Specifically, I am aware of the allegations concerning an alleged incident that occurred in June, 1987, whereby (according to tabloid reports), Sean allegedly struck me with “a baseball bat.” I know the allegations in those and other reports to be completely outrageous, malicious, reckless, and false.” She continued: “I am also aware of allegations concerning an incident that occurred in December, 1989, which purportedly resulted in Sean’s arrest for domestic assault and battery against me. I know those allegations to be false. While we certainly had more than one heated argument during our marriage, Sean has never struck me, ‘tied me up,’ or physically assaulted me, and any report to the contrary is completely outrageous, malicious, reckless, and false.”

In 1991, The Seattle Times published a story titled “A Marriage Filled With Abuse.” The piece contained excerpts from a recent book titled Madonna Unauthorized by Christopher Andersen.
Here are portions of what the Times printed concerning an alleged incident over Christmas weekend, 1989—the details of which Madonna claimed Thursday in her court filing were “completely outrageous, malicious, reckless, and false”: “Penn, frustrated and drunk, staked out the Malibu house. Around 4 p.m., after Madonna had given her small household staff the rest of the day off, he scaled the fence encircling the estate, broke into the house and confronted a terrified Madonna. After slapping her around, he bound and gagged her, then strapped her to a chair with twine. He berated and beat her for two hours, then stormed out of the house.”
“Gagged, tied up and trembling with fear, Madonna waited for hours for help to arrive. Incredibly, Penn returned, swigging tequila, and began tormenting her all over again. This time, she managed to persuade him to untie her. Once free, she dashed out of the house, jumped into the coral-colored 1957 Thunderbird Penn had bought her for her 28th birthday, locked the doors and called the police on her car phone. She then sped off to the Malibu sheriff’s station to swear out a complaint against her husband.”

Of the alleged Malibu incident, according to the New York Post, “Lieutenant Bill McSweeney recalled: ‘When Madonna staggered into the station, she was distraught, crying, with makeup smeared all over her face. I hardly recognized her…she had obviously been struck.’”

Sean Penn’s Horrifying History of Alleged Abuse

The 10 million lawsuit settlement speaks for itself. She forgave Sean and therefore told everyone it didn't happen, but all signs point to it happening. And his continued abusive behavior has all signs pointing to it happening.

Timeline of Sean Penn’s volatile past – SheKnows

It hits home for me personally. Sean Penn is in fact an abusive asshole.

A charitable one at that. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he's using his money for good. Still doesn't negate the fact he's an abuser.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
This happened a few days ago, but this plane was destroyed by Russia. :(

I can't imagine the horsepower required to get that beast off the ground. Kind of surprised Ukraine didn't fly it somewhere safe when Russia was building up to the war.

They have said they plan to rebuild it.

Magnificent airplane. I doubt it will ever be rebuilt, it was built special to carry space shuttles and there is no call for that anymore :(

Reactions: Mione134
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad