Aarne Talvitie
Tyce Thompson
Topias Vilen
Reilly Walsh
Michael Vukojevic
Yegor Zaitsev
Fabian Zetterlund
Ripshot 43

As usual, after selecting a player, request a player to be added to the next poll.

Last edited:

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Now it finally starts to get interesting. I think I’m going Thompson here. He has the best mix of floor/ceiling IMO. We’ve seen he has the capabilities to play in the NHL, and although he might not have the highest ceiling out of everyone left, he still has top 6 potential.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Muk, Casey, Zetterlund, Thompson all good picks. Going with Zett, don’t really think the order of these 4 matters much. It’s a shame one of them is guaranteed to be 8th overall at most, but that’s a good sign for the prospect pool.

Add Graeme Clarke

Reactions: HBK27

NJ Devil

Jul 22, 2022
I prefer the spelling of Ohkotyuk, but I also prefer the player here too.

Mukhamadullin is too far away from an NHL career for me to take him here.

Thompson is a good choice but Im iffy on his fit with us. As a prospect hes probably better but as a Devils prospect I think Ohkotyuk fits better

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Z add Akira.

I can def see Shak here, but sticking with the AHL/NHL results. Goes for Akira as well.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
Went with Mukh for the same reason as Gritsyuk, I'll always be impressed with young players holding their own in the KHL. Hope we see him competing for a roster spot next offseason.

Add Clarke

Reactions: My3Sons

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I prefer the spelling of Ohkotyuk, but I also prefer the player here too.

Mukhamadullin is too far away from an NHL career for me to take him here.

Thompson is a good choice but Im iffy on his fit with us. As a prospect hes probably better but as a Devils prospect I think Ohkotyuk fits better
Ya Shak has some long term upside, but aside from being a 1st rounder I'm not seeing much in his results which make me want to put him over Z who just had a very good AHL/NHL season.

NJ Devil

Jul 22, 2022
Ya Shak has some long term upside, but aside from being a 1st rounder I'm not seeing much in his results which make me want to put him over Z who just had a very good AHL/NHL season.
I assume Z is Zetterlund? I like him a lot too, big boy who skates hard

I didnt include him strictly because I dont see the upside there, but maybe Im missing it. He strikes me as a 'work hard and itll come to you' guy, and that only carries so far past the bottom line. Ohkotyuk and Thompson to me have a certain level of... detail to their game

Not that I watch AHL games though. Just based on what others who do say and my viewings of them in the NHL

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
First tough call, I'm going Zetterlund who I expect to be in the opening night lineup this year and think he's got some upside as he seems to have some NHL caliber offensive skills and some jam. If he puts it together next year over 82 games could be a real solid piece for NJ into the future.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Went with Muk, but after thinking about it I changed for Zetterlund. Really like his skillset and feel like he can be a great part of our bottom-6.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I assume Z is Zetterlund? I like him a lot too, big boy who skates hard

I didnt include him strictly because I dont see the upside there, but maybe Im missing it. He strikes me as a 'work hard and itll come to you' guy, and that only carries so far past the bottom line. Ohkotyuk and Thompson to me have a certain level of... detail to their game

Not that I watch AHL games though. Just based on what others who do say and my viewings of them in the NHL
Good speed, strong player, get's a lot of shots on net, and does have a nasty one timer, though that may not be something we see a ton of if he isn't on the shooting wing on the pp, but maybe he should be.

I know it was garbage time of the season, but 3-5-8 in 14 gp's is pretty impressive start to an NHL career. Tack that on to his AHL season and he had a big year.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Went with Zetterlund. Think he will definitely carve out his role this year. He's got skill, he's physical, he's fast. I just love his game.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Okhotyuk of course. was my number three year ago. It was hard to pick him or Holtz poll before. Okhotyuk has better floor, but ceiling of Holtz is obviously higher and I think now he is much closer to nhl than he was year before. And he has lesser competition.
Anyway I will root for Okhotyuk more than for any other rookie this year. His skils and tools give him a great opportunity to be great puck battler and defensive defenseman who can easily protect our future blue liners from their mistakes. Good Skating, speed, great gap control and body work is what we need, if we wanna be a hard team to play against.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Went Mukhamadullin here. He's younger than Zetterlund and Okhotyuk, and has shown flashes in games of really sharp passing. His shot is already about 97-98 mph if the video posted here during the season is to be believed and he has the length and mobility to cover well. He needs to pick up the pace compared to the KHL but he'll have that chance. The old adage about it taking the bigger guys longer to figure it out seems to apply.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad