• Nikita Okhotiuk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fabian Zetterlund

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
I voted for Luke but i watched him at the mens WC and saw a lot of defensive gaffes. So, as some posters have pointed out, he is thought of very highly on this board, a bit of hype maybe. Or US bias too, dunno.
It's pretty much this. Depends on if you're ranking on upside or certainty and what you value in a prospect. Luke is by far the top prospect in terms of physical ability, tools and upside, but his decision making with the puck and some of his in-zone coverage game needs work. Nemec doesn't have the pure physical tools that Luke does, but he's a more steady well-rounded player.

I went Luke based on pure upside, tools, and the fact that he had a huge D+1 year, but I could easily see the argument for Nemec.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Votes for Hughes. I think what he did last year, in what could've been his draft year if he was one week younger, was amazing. Obvious room for growth on the defensive side but sky really is the limit for him if he can round out his game.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
It's pretty much this. Depends on if you're ranking on upside or certainty and what you value in a prospect. Luke is by far the top prospect in terms of physical ability, tools and upside, but his decision making with the puck and some of his in-zone coverage game needs work. Nemec doesn't have the pure physical tools that Luke does, but he's a more steady well-rounded player.

I went Luke based on pure upside, tools, and the fact that he had a huge D+1 year, but I could easily see the argument for Nemec.

Votes for Hughes. I think what he did last year, in what could've been his draft year if he was one week younger, was amazing. Obvious room for growth on the defensive side but sky really is the limit for him if he can round out his game.
Basically where I’m at, both great prospects, but I think Luke’s upside is a little higher. Not really worried about his defensive game, h’es very young and the Hughes bros seem like very competitive kids, I’m sure he’ll get better in that regards without hurting his offensive game too much.

We have 2 great defensive prospects in Hughes and Nemec, 2 top 5 D prospects in the whole league really. Exciting times.

Reactions: My3Sons

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Went with Luke after his freshman year of college. Still would like to see what Nemec does in a better league than the Slovak league, even though his numbers were phenomenal there. Very good chance Nemec passes Luke by the end of the year though.

Add Walsh

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Nemec. Add Casey.

Just might be crazy around here when Hamilton still has 3+ yrs left and he's #3 on the right side.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Nemec. Add Casey.

Just might be crazy around here when Hamilton still has 3+ yrs left and he's #3 on the right side.
It's good to see you participating in the NJ based stuff beyond just the Utica based stuff. As the Utica kids mature I'm sure you will have a lot of good insight into their games.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Pfft, We all know that SteveToddIves and Gaudana rig the vote. This poll is just an illusion!:scared::scared:
Dude, I'm pretty sure Holtz always came out ahead of Mercer in these polls despite me telling everyone Mercer was the superior prospect haha. Everyone knows my top prospect list, I spend 3 hours writing it up the day after the draft.

P.S.
Add Casey and Barabosha

Reactions: Guadana and My3Sons

severian

Aug 19, 2007
Westfield
Not sure if someone asked this, but if Luke was born a few days later would he have gone ahead of Nemec in this draft? Where would he have ended up if he was in this year's draft?

Figgie

Apr 24, 2018
Finland
Will Mukhamadullin play in UFA next season? Eliteprospects says that he will be loan there next season. I thought he would be in Utica after he played there couple playoff games last season.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Will Mukhamadullin play in UFA next season? Eliteprospects says that he will be loan there next season. I thought he would be in Utica after he played there couple playoff games last season.
He's in UFA for the next season, Probably will join Utica again once his season in the KHL is done.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Dude, I'm pretty sure Holtz always came out ahead of Mercer in these polls despite me telling everyone Mercer was the superior prospect haha. Everyone knows my top prospect list, I spend 3 hours writing it up the day after the draft.

P.S.
Add Casey and Barabosha
I officially ask to refer to him as CBP (Captain Black Pearl)

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020

I wouldn’t say Luke has better upside because I think Nemec has potential to be one of the best defensmen in the league.

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
Not sure if someone asked this, but if Luke was born a few days later would he have gone ahead of Nemec in this draft? Where would he have ended up if he was in this year's draft?
I think if we knew exactly the same info about Luke but he was in the 2022 draft he would have gone #1.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
I think if we knew exactly the same info about Luke but he was in the 2022 draft he would have gone #1.
I don’t think that’s necessarily true. It’s hard to say and could be possible. Although he has some really good tools, and had a good season he has a lot to work on too and some things to fix.

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
oh, agreed. He’s absolutely a work in progress.

But Hughes name, NA bias, and a legitimately HELLA impressive season would have put him over the top in a “No surefire option” season

Imo of course

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad