Dec 18, 2005
Brick, NJ
Voted for Luke, add Casey

BTW, Colton White signed with Anaheim, might as well remove him

Last edited:

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
It was really close for me between Hughes & Nemec but I went with Hughes. Only reason why is because we already know that both Hughes brothers are studs which makes me more bullish on the 3rd Hughes.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
1658368897885.png

Live look at @NjDevsRR voting for Foote

PKs Broken Stick

Oct 9, 2008
Yeah that’s all I’m really saying. I’d go with Nemec but I understand and can see people choosing Luke. Just don’t think there’s a big gap between them and Luke shouldn’t be blowing Nemec away in a poll like this.

And based on that and listening to some people talk about Luke I think he’s become a bit overrated.

I think it's because Luke has been in the system for a year so naturally people are more excited about him. It will probably be more even next year (if there's a poll next year).

Reactions: Captain3rdLine

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
After World War 3 all that will be left are the cockroaches and these polls.
Yes after the few survivors have retreated to concrete underground bunkers and resorted to cannibalism to survive one of the last left alive will eat the one that didn’t want to trade Hischier before declaring Holtz a bust in thr prospect poll thread which at that point will be scratched into the wall of thr bunker with a rusty nail.

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
I voted nemec. I think he’s gonna surprise a lot of people because he’s gonna be really good.

Feel like nemec is a bit underrated so far. Maybe Luke is a bit overrated so far because of his brothers.

I think they are both gonna be good and this should be a lot closer. I’d say nemecs game away from the puck is better than Luke Hughes right now. - my opinion

Reactions: Captain3rdLine

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
I think it's because Luke has been in the system for a year so naturally people are more excited about him. It will probably be more even next year (if there's a poll next year).
I thinks it’s that as well as the fact that he’s a flashier and is Jack’s(and Quinn’s) brother.

I think Nemec has comparable upside and he’s certainly the safer and more ready prospect IMO despite being taken a year later.

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
Luke is only 5 months older than Nemec, is 2 inches taller, and spent the year pillaging the NCAA.

At the end of the day, I think that the absolutely-everything-goes-right outcome for him is more valuable than Nemec (with absolutely no slight intended) so I went with Luke.

Happy to flip flop when we see how Nemec's first NA pro season goes.

(and Mods PLEASE ban those Tyce voting trolls, i will NOT have this sacred ritual mocked)

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Luke add @Ripshot 43 but this is his last year in the poll.
I really fear he has busted. After trading Pavel and Ty he is basically a shoe-in to take over as the whipping boy of the fan base.

I wouldn't mind to include him in trades. Does he have any no trade clauses? Rangers?

Luke is only 5 months older than Nemec, is 2 inches taller, and spent the year pillaging the NCAA.

At the end of the day, I think that the absolutely-everything-goes-right outcome for him is more valuable than Nemec (with absolutely no slight intended) so I went with Luke.

Happy to flip flop when we see how Nemec's first NA pro season goes.

(and Mods PLEASE ban those Tyce voting trolls, i will NOT have this sacred ritual mocked)
Same here.

Flip-flopped my choice a few times and settled on Luke because I think he has the higher ceiling.

nugg

NJ Hammerhead Bats!
Apr 27, 2002
Central Jersey
She-moan. Add Shame-us. I went with Nemec because I'm not sold yet on Luke's defensive prowess. I think his offense has great potential, but Nemec seems to have that advantage. His offense might not be as great. Very close really. I just felt like bucking the trend I guess LOL

I wonder if a Tkatchuk trade will throw this poll into a loop in the next several days :eek2:

Last edited:

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
I voted for Luke but i watched him at the mens WC and saw a lot of defensive gaffes. So, as some posters have pointed out, he is thought of very highly on this board, a bit of hype maybe. Or US bias too, dunno.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
Tough choice. One have flashier skills, another one have better iq, the third one have better floor and prove himself on another level with some very good skills too.

I'm going with Nemec here. I'm not a fan of his defensive game, but still his skating, size and IQ should help him to build his defensive game. I like his playmaking game more and I think its easier to translate. He is very good transition player too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad