Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Ladies and gentlemen... boys and girls... Devils fans of all ages...

Once again, it's time for the age old tradition of the HFDevils annual Prospect Rankings.

Eligibility: Prospects are eligible for the rankings if they are eligible for rookie status. What are the qualifications you ask? Well...

Rookie Qualifications

To be considered a rookie, a player must not have played in more than 25 NHL games in any preceding seasons, nor in six or more NHL games in each of any two preceding seasons. Any player at least 26 years of age (by September 15th of that season) is not considered a rookie.
I'm sure we could have used some other criteria, but we're not. Deal with it.

Notable graduates this year:
Dawson Mercer (82 NHL games last season), Kevin Bahl (7 and 17 NHL games previous 2 seasons).

Additions:
Artem Barabosha, Tyler Brennan, Seamus Casey, Josh Filmon, Petr Hauser, Charlie Leddy, Simon Nemec, Daniil Orlov,

As for who to pick, there's no criteria. It's just... if someone came up to you and asked "Who's the Devils' best prospect", what you would answer. Perhaps the best way to think of it is who you would think is worth the most in a trade.

Eligible Players:
Artem Barabosha
Zakhar Bardakov
Cole Brady
Tyler Brennan
Seamus Casey
Graeme Clarke
Nico Daws
Jack Dugan
Ethan Edwards
Josh Filmon
Nolan Foote
Arseni Gritsyuk

Jeremy Groleau
Brian Halonen
Peter Hauser
Alexander Holtz
Luke Hughes

Viktor Hurtig
Charlie Leddy
Jakub Malek
Case McCarthy
Daniil Misyul
Patrick Moynihan
Shakir Mukhamadullin
Simon Nemec

Daniil Orlov
Nikita Othotiuk
Nikola Pasic
Nikita Popugayev
Jaromir Pytlik
Samu Salminen
Akira Schmid
Artem Shlaine
Chase Stillman
Aarne Talvitie
Tyce Thompson
Topias Vilen
Reilly Walsh
Michael Vukojevic
Yegor Zaitsev
Fabian Zetterlund

I'm going to be setting each poll to close after 3 days, but I reserve the right to end them early and move on if it looks like it's going to be a landslide.

As usual, after selecting a player, request a player to be added to the next poll.

Last edited:

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Nemec gets my vote. Love Luke Hughes and the season he had but he had lots to work on and I think he’s a bit overrated by some around here.

Also think Nemec’s upside is comparable to Luke’s and underrated.

Add Stillman.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Voted Luke. I really like Nemec and he's my 2nd pick, but Luke's offensive potential and tools are incredible. Add Schmid.

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
Voted Luke. I really like Nemec and he's my 2nd pick, but Luke's offensive potential and tools are incredible. Add Schmid.
I think people are selling Nemec’s offensive potential incredibly short. Very good skillset and elite poise and vision could make him one of the best offensive defensmen in the league.

And the numbers he’s put up pre-draft are ridiculously good.

Reactions: Devs3cups

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
I think people are selling Nemec’s offensive potential incredibly short. Very good skillset and elite poise and vision could make him one of the best offensive defensmen in the league.

And the numbers he’s put up pre-draft are ridiculously good.
I absolutely agree and I don't want to sell Nemec short at all. He's a great great prospect and is, imo, a top-5 D-man prospect in the league right now. He'd be the #1 prospect, let alone D prospect, on many, many teams and we're lucky to have him. I love him as a prospect.

Hughes is just slightly ahead for me, because I see slightly more offensive upside and his skating is honestly ridiculous and such a great tool. Even though he needs to work on his D-game more than Nemec, I'm willing to put him at #1 because the potential is slightly higher imo.

Sorry if I came across as selling his potential short, I've loved the pick since we made it.

Reactions: My3Sons

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
I absolutely agree and I don't want to sell Nemec short at all. He's a great great prospect and is, imo, a top-5 D-man prospect in the league right now. He'd be the #1 prospect, let alone D prospect, on many, many teams and we're lucky to have him. I love him as a prospect.

Hughes is just slightly ahead for me, because I see slightly more offensive upside and his skating is honestly ridiculous and such a great tool. Even though he needs to work on his D-game more than Nemec, I'm willing to put him at #1 because the potential is slightly higher imo.
Fair enough but I personally don’t think his potential is higher.

I also wouldn’t call Hughes’s skating ridiculous. There is better skating prospects around (at least 1) and he’s not on the level of the best skating D-men in the league. He’s a very good skater. Very fast and powerful with good edges and mobility. Not a perfect skater at all though.

I’m starting to think/realize he’s become far too overrated by fans here.

No way he should be wiping the floor with a prospect of Nemec’s caliber as an option.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Luke add Casey.

BTW does any team in the league have a better top 3 prospects than Hughes - Nemec - Holtz ?
Eh, LA has Byfield, Clarke, and Turcotte. That's pretty solid but I'd imagine our top 3 prospects are top 5 in the league for sure although Holtz might actually be the least exciting of the three.

hidek91

Jan 13, 2014
Warsaw, PL
Luke add Casey.

BTW does any team in the league have a better top 3 prospects than Hughes - Nemec - Holtz ?
If you put a question like this, the answer is very likely "no" because all top tier draft choices from 2020 no longer qualify as prospects because of games played. The next one is Columbus IMO with Jiricek, Mintyukov and Johnson.

EDIT: Totally forgot about LA, they're pretty high as well, higher than Columbus.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
LOL, I think we can just move on to the next ranking already.
I think I'm not going to leave any poll up for less than 24 hours. I want to give everyone a chance to participate, even if it's a runaway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad