Speculation: 2022 Free Agency/Trade Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
There are a few members on this site that are Rangers and Ducks fans. Some have not posted In awhile and some are on the Rangers forum. There is even a couple that go to the Rangers games that are also Ducks fan, have had some friendly chats with them. I have a 10 game plan so see them a few games here and there.

I get a little flack for following Anaheim on the Rangers forum , but they just poke harmless fun. lol
I grew up a rangers fan going to games at MSG regularly in the late 60’s-70’s as a kid. Our family was pretty friendly with a number of Rangers families back then, So it was a great experience as a kid. Still a Rangers fan, but became a big fan of Ducks hockey living in Orange County and getting to know some of the guys during the finals/Cup runs

So I’m pretty equally divided between then still.

Last edited:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I grew up a rangers fan going to games at MSG regularly in the late 60’s-70’s as a kid. Our family was pretty friendly with a number of Rangers families back then, So it was a great experience as a kid. Still a Rangers fan, but became a big fan of Ducks hockey living in Orange County and getting to know some of the guys during the finals/Cup runs

So I’m pretty equally divided between then still.
That’s how I feel also, but would put the Rangers slightly ahead of them, but I’m talking like 51 to 49%. I think I spend a lot of time and effort on both teams equally though.

Really can’t wait to both teams are competing again and not just one.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
That’s how I feel also, but would put the Rangers slightly ahead of them, but I’m talking like 51 to 49%. I think I spend a lot of time and effort on both teams equally though.

Really can’t wait to both teams are competing again and not just one.
Is there ever a world where rangers move lindgren + krav?

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Is there ever a world where rangers move lindgren + krav?

Not sure, I know the Ducks and Rangers have been scouting each other so maybe something is cooking?

I want to keep Lindgren on the Rangers but if he is pushed out would love him in Anaheim. He would really be huge support for Drysdale.

I’m weary with Kravtsov, the skill is there but he hasn’t really shown it on the NHL level. He hasn’t played bad but wanting more from him. He likely played his last game in NY.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Not sure, I know the Ducks and Rangers have been scouting each other so maybe something is cooking?

I want to keep Lindgren on the Rangers but if he is pushed out would love him in Anaheim. He would really be huge support for Drysdale.

I’m weary with Kravtsov, the skill is there but he hasn’t really shown it on the NHL level. He hasn’t played bad but wanting more from him. He likely played his last game in NY.
Ya I figure you got fox Miller trouba…. Then Schneider and a couple other solid young guys…. That lindgren might end up kinda odd man out due to him already making 3 mil.

Signing Miller chytil and laf, rangers gunna need to free up some money.

I like the idea of lindgren with drysdale, then find a guy for Fowler .

Reactions: Leonardo87

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Ya I figure you got fox Miller trouba…. Then Schneider and a couple other solid young guys…. That lindgren might end up kinda odd man out due to him already making 3 mil.

Signing Miller chytil and laf, rangers gunna need to free up some money.

I like the idea of lindgren with drysdale, then find a guy for Fowler .

Lindgren makes Fox even better. Imo. He had missed some games last season and you can see Fox’s game go down a little because of it.

He’s physical, Responsible, and tough. Three things the Ducks are missing on the blue line. Also, Drysdale would be able to play his game.

We gotta fix our D and speed up the process, if that Pittsburgh game didn’t raise a warning flag to Verbeek not sure what to think.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma

What would NY even want from us? Figured the last trade used up all their cap space.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
What would NY even want from us? Figured the last trade used up all their cap space.

They would probably would be looking for a middle six forward for depth and I don’t think they are sold on their bottom pairing. Kulikov would have been a nice fit but they went with that guy from St. Louis who has been meh.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
i imagine Kulikov, Jones, comtois, white, grant all kinda fit
They would probably would be looking for a middle six forward for depth and I don’t think they are sold on their bottom pairing. Kulikov would have been a nice fit but they went with that guy from St. Louis who has been meh.
I forgot they got mikkola. Was thinking Kulikov would be a fit

Reactions: Leonardo87
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Again, not trying to troll, but I don’t understand how LA always seems to grab the attention ruin for big name players. I’d argue that their rebuild isn’t really that far off from ours

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
1676240165750.png

Reactions: Static

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Id do zaitsev with a sweetner, pretty easily tbh... would prob be a solid mentor for Mintyukov

As for kings... if clarke is invovled i got to imagine they are getting Chychrun + vejmelka

Reactions: Kalv

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Another goal for Tolvanen. Glad we only take chances on AHL/NHL tweeners.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Tolvanen 8 goals with the Kraken, Megna and Leason with 1 goal and 4 goals respectively. why do we even have pro scouts?
Idk but they better figure that shit out.

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania
Zaitsev to Anaheim is something I've been thinking could work out for us. I was actually wondering if there might be a larger trade to make where we send them Stolarz (they have goaltender injuries) and Comtois (change of scenery) for Zaitsev and a nice asset (1st?). I'm sure they don't want to move their 1st round pick but it seems they really want to dump Zaitsev's contract so maybe getting a short-term fix for goaltending and a possible long term roster player out of the deal would make it more palatable for them.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Zaitsev to Anaheim is something I've been thinking could work out for us. I was actually wondering if there might be a larger trade to make where we send them Stolarz (they have goaltender injuries) and Comtois (change of scenery) for Zaitsev and a nice asset (1st?). I'm sure they don't want to move their 1st round pick but it seems they really want to dump Zaitsev's contract so maybe getting a short-term fix for goaltending and a possible long term roster player out of the deal would make it more palatable for them.

No shot Ottawa will move a top 10 pick to get out of Zaitsev, even with Comtois and Stolarz. Those 2 are worth mid round picks at this point. The OTT 1st could be Bedard. It will be a 2nd+. Guessing the only holdup is us needing to move out Klingberg and/or Shattenkirk first.

Reactions: Kalv
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad