Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
1665460280784.png

c4rcy

Power lvls over 9000
Jun 15, 2009
OC, California
I think the PTO is for contract flexibility as I think they're at either 46 or 47 contracts now? Might allow them to take more assets in a trade within the future.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I think the PTO is for contract flexibility as I think they're at either 46 or 47 contracts now? Might allow them to take more assets in a trade within the future.
We're only at 44, so that shouldnt be much of an issue.

Reactions: c4rcy

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Would like to get Simmonds from Toronto for FC now that he's cleared waivers. Still a great locker room presence and they are at the full 50 contracts and probably just want to dump someone

Reactions: DuckRogers10

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
Would like to get Simmonds from Toronto for FC now that he's cleared waivers. Still a great locker room presence and they are at the full 50 contracts and probably just want to dump someone
I don't see much of a fit for us just in terms of how many guys we have vying for the 4th line right wing spot. It's Regenda's for now and likely Carrick's when he returns. Not to mention Leason is in the mix and Rocco might still be as well.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

I'll see your Reddit article with the official website article, which @MMC did share on pg 63 in the Free Agent Frenzy Page, post 1552:

Ducks General Manager Pat Verbeek spent some time with media Monday afternoon to discuss Anaheim's free agency signings, coaching hires, impending moves and more.
On not tendering qualifying offers to Sonny Milano and Sam Steel
Well, in both cases they had strong arbitration cases. And I wasn't prepared to go there for the years they had. So it kind of boiled down to what role would they play and did it make sense with the dollars? And so essentially it boiled down to dollars and cents for role.

A Reddit article is an editorial from some author not named Verbeek nor is Verbeek quoted.

=== IC YMI ===

Also, I think you didn't understand my post at all. We all knew Milano and Steel didn't fit our scheme, which is why they were not retained. But the reason Verbeek gave was "chintzy" by saying it was for financial reasons. Everyone knows that secret.

Offering an AHL contract to Grimaldi with options open to an NHL contract with the Ducks is also another "chintzy" response as to why Grimaldi wasn't signed yet. And we recently know that Leason took Grimaldi's #20.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'd take a lot of people over Shatt real quick. If you can move your feet and put some effort in I would be partial.
I just hope he has a hot start to season so we can ship him at deadline.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I just hope he has a hot start to season so we can ship him at deadline.

I think he's going to be shipped at the TDL regardless how well he does. Still, I hope he does well so he can fetch us better value coming back.

We have two RHD's developing and could be near NHL level in the AHL already in Andersson and Helleson to slot in as a 3rd pairing D.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I think he's going to be shipped at the TDL regardless how well he does. Still, I hope he does well so he can fetch us better value coming back.

We have two RHD's developing and could be near NHL level in the AHL already in Andersson and Helleson to slot in as a 3rd pairing D.
Nothing I have seen of Andersson or Helleson show me they are close to being ready to play in the NHL. Andersson too slight still and Helleson just meh all around since becoming a pro.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I still really want Chychrun. We have both the high picks, and a boatload of high upside D prospects to send back that I still think there's a good chance we can make something happen.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I still really want Chychrun. We have both the high picks, and a boatload of high upside D prospects to send back that I still think there's a good chance we can make something happen.
I don't anymore especially after this last draft. Chychrun is exactly the type of player we have too many of (including prospects)

Reactions: Deuce22
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad