Speculation: 2022 Free Agency/Trade Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Do they? Anyway it'd be weird to have a bunch of Ducks fans hate the Rags given how rarely we play them.

I was a fan back in the Graves/Messier/Leetch days and afterwards when Gretz went there but I could take em or leave these days.
Leetch and Richter were great.

I dont hate any team in eastern conference outside of leafs.

There are a few members on this site that are Rangers and Ducks fans. Some have not posted In awhile and some are on the Rangers forum. There is even a couple that go to the Rangers games that are also Ducks fan, have had some friendly chats with them. I have a 10 game plan so see them a few games here and there.

I get a little flack for following Anaheim on the Rangers forum , but they just poke harmless fun. lol
My family is all rangers and islander fans.... i stand alone cheering for the ducks and both ny teams

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I'll never forget about the spit as long as Hathaway is in the league.
giphy.gif

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
I keep reading rumors that oilers may throw Pulj on waivers...

Id hope we would grab him, hell id even consider trading a meh asset for him.

Have teemu mentor him a bit, and see what we can turn him into... think there is still potential with him.
I wish we could swap Silver at max retention for Puljujarvi, plus how about their Goalie Smith? Could that help the oilers with cap this year?

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
Think so, he also was saying on the first day of free agency that we were going after Strome, who we ended up signing that night

Interesting. I know Henrique is the exact type of player right now that gets traded at the deadline but it would be nice have soome veteran scoring in the top six next year.

He has put in his hard time so can’t fault him if he wants to play in the postseason though.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Interesting. I know Henrique is the exact type of player right now that gets traded at the deadline but it would be nice have soome veteran scoring in the top six next year.

He has put in his hard time so can’t fault him if he wants to play in the postseason though.
Yeah I could definitely see Rico wanting to go to a contender while he knows they have interest in him this season, and regardless I think it's unlikely he reups next offseason. After the Finals run his rookie year, the only other postseason series he's ever played in was the Sharks sweep in 2018. Hasn't won a playoff game in 11 years now.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Very curious what this deal could potentially look like. Oilers would have to include a few cap dumps (Barrie, Puljujarvi, Foegele, etc.).

It's an interesting opportunity to launder some cap hit, but risky considering the length of karlsson's deal.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Very curious what this deal could potentially look like. Oilers would have to include a few cap dumps (Barrie, Puljujarvi, Foegele, etc.).

This is bad for us if this happens. Takes an option for Klingberg off the table and makes them much more likely to fall lower than us in the standings

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
This is bad for us if this happens. Takes an option for Klingberg off the table and makes them much more likely to fall lower than us in the standings
True but I suspect we will be getting buried quite badly over the next couple of weeks with our schedule and being without terry.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

It's not just Rico's scoring, it's everything he brings to the table for such a young team. Last night's beatdown against the Pens showed how much value Rico brings to the Ducks' youth program: 2a, +1 rating, 75% FO pct (6 wins/2 losses), a PP assist, and 4:36 PK TOI.

I never even considered if Rico wanted to play for a cup or the possibility that he wouldn't want to re-sign here in Anaheim. Rico's got no legacy here with the Ducks like Getz has. My heart wants Rico to stay, but logically, if Rico has no aspirations to re-sign here, then it'll be sad to see him go.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I hope the kings don’t get him
Kings def make a lot of sense.... at the same time... the goalie situation isnt great in LA, but i guess Chyrhcrun is signed for a couple years so they can fix it in offseason and still have value from chychrun.

Oilers/leafs would be cool... or boston just to be like *middle finger* to rest of the league.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Kings def make a lot of sense.... at the same time... the goalie situation isnt great in LA, but i guess Chyrhcrun is signed for a couple years so they can fix it in offseason and still have value from chychrun.

Oilers/leafs would be cool... or boston just to be like *middle finger* to rest of the league.
I think the Athletic made a pretty solid argument for Boston. Not the worst place for him to end up.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'd definitely be interested depending on the cost.

Yeah . He is still young, and has potential but won’t get the opportunity with the Rangers under Gallant.

I don’t see him costing too much , and I think it’s interesting that the Rangers and Ducks have been scouting each other.

If I get any more info on the Rangers end will post it here.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Yeah . He is still young, and has potential but won’t get the opportunity with the Rangers under Gallant.

I don’t see him costing too much , and I think it’s interesting that the Rangers and Ducks have been scouting each other.

If I get any more info on the Rangers end will post it here.
I’d take krav and pulj

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad