2022 draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
2021 was the year of LH defenseman. 2022 will be the year of RH centers.

Big fan of Savoie, personally.

Bro, it's my turn to be a poopy pants today.

Arizona
Carter Hutton BUF - 13GP 1W 3.47 .886
Josef Korenar SJ - 10GP 3W 3.17 .899

Buffalo
Craig Anderson WSH - 4GP 2W 2.13 .915
Aaron Dell NJ - 7GP 1W 4.14 .857

THOSE ARE THE STARTING GOALIES FOR ARIZONA AND BUFFALO!

We don't stand a chance against their tanking skills. Our chances of any of those 3 players is slim to none.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Arizona

Buffalo

We don't stand a chance against their tanking skills. Our chances of any of those 3 players is slim to none.

Lots of things can happen, no need to worry about it now. Some teams will want a defenseman, and I am sure some will shoot up the rankings.

One of Lambert/Savoie could slip a little. Not guaranteed they go 1-2-3 necessarily.

Plus with this super cool lottery system, it's not a guarantee the worst teams actually get top 3 picks.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I don't think it will be so much that the Wings are going to be much better next year, but some teams are going to be much worse.

Phoenix doesn't look like they'll ever climb out of the bottom 10 and I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the bottom 5 or 6 next year.
Buffalo is gonna Buffalo
Ottawa looks like their young guys are at least trying but their management isn't going to make any meaningful improvements.
San Jose is in full collapse mode
Columbus is a team I expect to sink to the bottom 10 with a loss of depth due to free agency as well as cap casualties
New Jersey is still looking like a bottom 10-12 team.
LA Kings are a team I wouldn't expect major improvements from. They're 5th in their division now but they have the luxury of beating up on Anaheim, San Jose and Phoenix.
Anaheim doesn't look like it has a hope in the world. It's going to take more than Drysdale and Zegras to turn them around. A lot more
Vancouver is a wild card. They could finish bottom 10. They could finish top 10. It all depends on them being able to button up defensively more.
Nashville also looks like they're on a downward trend. Rinne probably retires after this season but they don't have many contracts coming off the books until 2022.

It's going to be crowded at the bottom next season. We would have to really try to be worse than a lot of these teams, gang. I'm not sure how we fill out the roster next year but we could very well end up 6th to 12th next year. My money is on San Jose, Ottawa and Buffalo being bottom 3 and getting rewarded with at least 2 of the top 3 picks in the lottery. More and more I'm thinking that this draft we need either Power or Beniers because next year we aren't getting shit unless we FINALLY win the draft lottery.

giphy.gif

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
We will not be as bad as several teams this year, depressing, I know... really, my outside hope here is that we end up moving Leddy and one of Bertuzzi, Vrana, maybe a resurgent Dekeyser to an old friend *cough* for 1sts.

Really to get these guys out at the deadline to teams that are fighting for their lives, to GMs looking to overplay for a chance to Win now and give up their pick and up end falling flat and back in the lotto. Looking at the usual suspects who are committed to making the playoffs and aren't exactly sure bets - or in difficult division (Vancouver, Edmonton, Philadelphia, etc., the Atlantic), really to break into that Top 5; we're going to have to get more bullets in the gun and hope for some luck

Larkin2AA

Apr 21, 2016
Rochester Hills, MI
Still expect Detroit to be at the bottom 5 of the rankings with the division they are in. The Pacific has a lot of bad teams and will kind of eat each other alive. The Central is meh and the Coyotes will definitely finish last place. The Metro is stronger, but we will probably see Columbus near the bottom as well. The Atlantic is the strongest division, so I fully expect Buffalo and Detroit to be at the bottom.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Still expect Detroit to be at the bottom 5 of the rankings with the division they are in. The Pacific has a lot of bad teams and will kind of eat each other alive. The Central is meh and the Coyotes will definitely finish last place. The Metro is stronger, but we will probably see Columbus near the bottom as well. The Atlantic is the strongest division, so I fully expect Buffalo and Detroit to be at the bottom.
I got a feeling we're gonna play COVID divisions again. Canada border is still closed.

Yotes and Buf finish last regardless.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
We will not be as bad as several teams this year, depressing, I know... really, my outside hope here is that we end up moving Leddy and one of Bertuzzi, Vrana, maybe a resurgent Dekeyser to an old friend *cough* for 1sts.

Really to get these guys out at the deadline to teams that are fighting for their lives, to GMs looking to overplay for a chance to Win now and give up their pick and up end falling flat and back in the lotto. Looking at the usual suspects who are committed to making the playoffs and aren't exactly sure bets - or in difficult division (Vancouver, Edmonton, Philadelphia, etc., the Atlantic), really to break into that Top 5; we're going to have to get more bullets in the gun and hope for some luck
Wings need to be targeting the first of teams seemingly delusional about how good they are. Montreal’s moves seem to indicate they’re going to try and make a similar run (can’t blame MB if ownership is pushing for it), and may be able to sneak a non protected first out of them due to them thinking they’ll make the playoffs

Reactions: simonedvinsson

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
Wings need to be targeting the first of teams seemingly delusional about how good they are. Montreal’s moves seem to indicate they’re going to try and make a similar run (can’t blame MB if ownership is pushing for it), and may be able to sneak a non protected first out of them due to them thinking they’ll make the playoffs

Agreed. That's kind of why I was choosing the more terrible GMs. Honestly, although group would be GMs who are on the hot seat who need to make a splash.

I like the idea of the targeting the Atlantic because of what a competitive group that's going to be: Leafs, Lightning, Canadiens, Panthers, and Bruins. Someone is going to miss out of that group and sending...Leddy to TOR for a 1st at the TDL because Dubas is feeling the pressure to improve their terrible D and they miss the playoffs? That is plausible

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Agreed. That's kind of why I was choosing the more terrible GMs. Honestly, although group would be GMs who are on the hot seat who need to make a splash.

I like the idea of the targeting the Atlantic because of what a competitive group that's going to be: Leafs, Lightning, Canadiens, Panthers, and Bruins. Someone is going to miss out of that group and sending...Leddy to TOR for a 1st at the TDL because Dubas is feeling the pressure to improve their terrible D and they miss the playoffs? That is plausible

I think that this is the season Montreal falls off the map. I'd expect them to finish 6th or 7th in the division. Barring injuries and TOTAL underperformance by Florida and Tampa Bay I don't expect Toronto to do better than 3rd in the division. The Bruins are a maybe to me. I think they finish 3rd or 4th but there might be a surprise in there and they slip to 5th.

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
Lots of things can happen, no need to worry about it now. Some teams will want a defenseman, and I am sure some will shoot up the rankings.

One of Lambert/Savoie could slip a little. Not guaranteed they go 1-2-3 necessarily.

Plus with this super cool lottery system, it's not a guarantee the worst teams actually get top 3 picks.
The worst team is guaranteed a top 3 positions since they only lottery the first two picks. Shouldn’t matter too much the way the draft is shaping up and the fluidity of boards.

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
That's called Buffalo Sabres.

Ugliest pile of shit players at the moment.

BUF's current starting goalie is the corpse of Craig Anderson. I'm pretty sure they have to literally tie him to the pipes so that he can stay upright at this point. Their tank prowess is strong

Astyanax

May 5, 2020

Arizona

Buffalo

They are definitely clearly the bottom 2 in the great wright tank, but we are definitely in the toughest division so it might be closer than expected. A few well placed loser points might be the difference, but ultimately it will depend on the lottery. Fingers crossed

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
With such a need for a center we can only hope some of the other prospects (at other positions) climb up near the top of the rankings.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Unfortunately I think we’ll be a little better than that.

Yeah I sincerely doubt Philly and NYR take the top 2 spots in the Metropolitan division.

I also sincerely doubt Buffalo finishes ahead of Ottawa. Buffalo looks like a 60 points or less team.

San Jose looks like a sub-80 point squad.

And I don't see Toronto a a 109 point squad with a downgrade in goal, and while missing Hyman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad