Prospect Info: 2022 Draft: 3OA - Logan Cooley, C

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
We should tell the Oil Kings they're not getting back Guenther unless they trade him (that team is going to suck).

Ideally they send him to Winnipeg and put him on Geekie's wing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jagged Ice

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
We should tell the Oil Kings they're not getting back Guenther unless they trade him (that team is going to suck).

Ideally they send him to Winnipeg and put him on Geekie's wing.
He's childhood friends with Savoie. And Benson is a little guy.

????-Savoie-Guenther
Benson-Geekie-?????

But most likely, Guenther is going to stick with Arizona and score 20g as a Coyote next season. So...

Benson-Geekie-Savoie (which is going to be awesome to watch, and could be Canada's top line at the winter WJC)

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I wouldn't be shocked if Guenther made the team. A nice, new project for Tourigny too now that he's already got Keller, Schmaltz, Crouse, and Hayton sorted out. Now if he just could get Soderstrom to take a step...

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I wouldn't be shocked if Guenther made the team. A nice, new project for Tourigny too now that he's already got Keller, Schmaltz, Crouse, and Hayton sorted out. Now if he just could get Soderstrom to take a step...

We really ned more defensive depth, especially with the high percentage Chychrun gets moved. Not to take away spots from Soderstrom, but to give him some vets to play with when he is called up.

At one point all of Cappo, Dineen, Mayo and Moser were playing. I wouldn't want Soderstrom thrown into that fire. Moser is nearly a year and a half older than Soderstrom and has already been playing in a mens league.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
yeah, all you have to do is look at the pictures with him, Geekie & Mav to see that he's got a good frame, wide shoulders and long arms, no question he has the size necessary right now to play C in the league. Not worried at all.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
Polish_20220717_083030263.jpg

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
I’m hopeful with Cooley, but do worry we passed on an opportunity to draft our first true 1C in 20-25 years.

Wright’s a sure thing and would’ve been my pick.

Wright/Cooley comparison will be going in for 15 years.

Reactions: Jakey53

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
I’m hopeful with Cooley, but do worry we passed on an opportunity to draft our first true 1C in 20-25 years.

Wright’s a sure thing and would’ve been my pick.

Wright/Cooley comparison will be going in for 15 years.
I’m in this boat. At the draft party I expected the Coyotes would take Cooley, and wanted them to. Like others, I feel he has the highest upside. That said, when we had the opportunity to pick Wright, I thought we should’ve picked him.

When we picked Cooley, I was still excited. The prospect I wanted is the prospect we got. I still couldn’t help but to think that the player I wanted us to tank for all year was available due to unusual circumstances. The only comfort I’m finding in this is that I believe Cooley is going to be a really special player, and for whatever reason I feel Wright might’ve given the Coyotes some inclination that he didn’t want to be with us

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I’m in this boat. At the draft party I expected the Coyotes would take Cooley, and wanted them to. Like others, I feel he has the highest upside. That said, when we had the opportunity to pick Wright, I thought we should’ve picked him.

When we picked Cooley, I was still excited. The prospect I wanted is the prospect we got. I still couldn’t help but to think that the player I wanted us to tank for all year was available due to unusual circumstances. The only comfort I’m finding in this is that I believe Cooley is going to be a really special player, and for whatever reason I feel Wright might’ve given the Coyotes some inclination that he didn’t want to be with us
I had Wright ahead but not by much. I had Nemec only slightly behind Cooley. Top four was pretty interchangeable for me. Nemec is the only one I couldn’t really wrap my head around going 1st. But the other three seemed close.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Wright plays a very cerebral game and has an amazing shot. Cooley plays with speed and is extremely skilled with the puck; especially on tight/traffic. Both very skilled but play different styles. We went with the guy who plays with more speed/tempo.

Last edited:

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I would have worried about Wright if he was our pick. Worried about work rate and playing style and coachability and willingness to evolve.

I have no worries for Cooley at all. He will be what we all hope he can be.

Wright might turn out to be the better player. He might put all my concerns to rest very quickly. Either way I'm not invested in his future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad