Prospect Info: 2022 Draft: #29 - Maveric Lamoureux, RHD

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Coming in at nearly 6’7″ at the recent NHL Draft Combine, Maveric Lamoureux has the type of size that makes NHL scouts drool. A first-round pick, 12th overall, at the 2020 QMJHL Draft, Lamoureux has impressed over the last two years with the Drummondville Voltigeurs. In 2020-21, his rookie season was interrupted by the COVID pandemic. When on the ice, Lamoureux impressed observers. He put up one goal and six assists for seven points in 24 games. He also played in three playoff games but was held scoreless. The Voltigeurs fell in the first round of the playoffs, losing three straight games to the Quebec Remparts.

Andy Lehoux

Jan 2, 2018
A short and sweet report on Maveric Lamoureux for those interested. The right-handed defenseman is already making many drool over the idea of what could be — a lengthy, defensively brilliant, puck-rushing blueliner.

Nowotny

Dec 29, 2021
East Valley,AZ
Can someone explain me why did we took that bad contract( and surrendered 32 OA pick) to draft a player that most likely would be there in 2nd round?

SpaceCoyote

Jul 10, 2013
Wasting away
Called this pick back in February on his prospect thread, glad we were still able to pick him up despite forfeiting 2 of our early 2nd round picks.

Reactions: Grimes

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Not sure his offensive game will ever be much but he brings all kinds of nastiness to the back end.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Love the swing to the fences play here. Fine with moving up to grab their guy, especially getting an additional 3rd and 2nd.

Hope is Chara 2.0 but probably more like a Tyler Myers. Could be very valuable for a couple seasons and then fizzle out or be a machine for many years. Now let's go nice and safe at 36.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Intrigued is a good way to describe for me. Was Lamoreaux the guy who was doing well at the combine? I feel like I remember seeing the name a lot. Maybe mistaken.

Either way.. fun draft day! It's more fun when we didn't lose all our picks lol

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I had him 49th on my list. He wouldn’t have been my pick here. Between him and Warren, I liked Warren better. And I like Chesley just so, so, so much more.

That said, Warren and Chesley are filled out. Lamoureux has so much more room to fill out. And his skating is so good for his frame that he’ll easily be able to support the size and strength without losing his mobility. He’s got more upside than Warren. I like Warren better as a safer pick. But I concede Lamoureux could be something special, while Warren most likely never will.

Not picking Chesley really stings. But I’m okay trusting the scouts, here. He’s an interesting prospect at least. It will be fun to watch him develop.

Now- I better get Chesley with our 1st pick in the 2nd. Or I’m going to riot.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00