WJC: 2022 Czech Republic Roster talk

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa

Here’s a predicted line up from Czech prospects on Twitter. Kolacek I know nothing about. He responded saying the offensive talent from him is really good.
With Mysak really hot right now and scoring lots of goals, Gut being 2nd in WHL scoring, and Kulich slowly making a name for himself, our offence could be a little bit better than I originally expected. We shall see

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016

Here’s a predicted line up from Czech prospects on Twitter. Kolacek I know nothing about. He responded saying the offensive talent from him is really good.
With Mysak really hot right now and scoring lots of goals, Gut being 2nd in WHL scoring, and Kulich slowly making a name for himself, our offence could be a little bit better than I originally expected. We shall see

I think that Krutil would be a fairly clear candidate for defense, but he has a penalty of 2 matches, but I still think that the coaches will think strongly about him, I don't know how he plays this year, but he was very good on the defensive last year. But even so, the group of defenders is very decent, I'm not sure Ticháček, maybe he will choose among other candidates such as Špaček, Machů.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I think that Krutil would be a fairly clear candidate for defense, but he has a penalty of 2 matches, but I still think that the coaches will think strongly about him, I don't know how he plays this year, but he was very good on the defensive last year. But even so, the group of defenders is very decent, I'm not sure Ticháček, maybe he will choose among other candidates such as Špaček, Machů.
I was thinking Krutil was a lock. He's played 7 games in the AHL.. if he isn't hurt, they should've sent him to Jr! What is the point of not playing 19 year olds you drafted?

Spacek a contender for sure.

Crazy to think we have so many good D options.

Do we really have to play Malik a third tourney in a row?lol I know he's tied for third in save percentage in the Liiga.. maybe I'm wrong.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
This is probably the weakest czech forward group I've seen so far. On the other hand, the defense is really good.
Definitely. But a few guys are pretty hot right now. Sometimes form takes you farther than talent.
Will be interesting to see how they do with a really good defence for once. And great options at goalie. A formula that’s done really well for Finland over the years

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Definitely. But a few guys are pretty hot right now. Sometimes form takes you farther than talent.
Will be interesting to see how they do with a really good defence for once. And great options at goalie. A formula that’s done really well for Finland over the years
As you know... 1 month away and I am full of hope! It will be interesting to see who we pick. It will be interesting to see how we do. All I care about is getting to quarters and winning that.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
The powerplay should be deadly:

Kulich - Mysak - Novak
Svozil - Jiricek

Probably one of the few teams that will confidently use 2 dman on top pairing Pp unit
Looks great on paper. Let's see reality. I'm still trying to convince myself that the team will score more than 5 goals.

Reactions: czechcanadian

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
I was thinking Krutil was a lock. He's played 7 games in the AHL.. if he isn't hurt, they should've sent him to Jr! What is the point of not playing 19 year olds you drafted?

Spacek a contender for sure.

Crazy to think we have so many good D options.

Do we really have to play Malik a third tourney in a row?lol I know he's tied for third in save percentage in the Liiga.. maybe I'm wrong.

Krutil will be on the squad. He was last year and is playing in the AHL this year. Unless he's injured, there's no reason he won't be a key player for the Czechs.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Souboj českých talentů? Před skauty skórovali Jiříček i Kulich | Hokej.cz - web českého hokeje

I've noticed in highlights that Jiricek likes to do down low a lot. His last assist was from behind the opponents net and on his belly as well.

The Kulich goal is a beaut! Hoping he makes team as I'm really curious to see this kid and how he compares!

Beauty goal by Kulich. Important he makes the team (no doubt he will at this point) and has a good tournament. With him rising this much right now, it really boosts our offence. Super excited for this team now!
Has there been no camp yet?

Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Beauty goal by Kulich. Important he makes the team (no doubt he will at this point) and has a good tournament. With him rising this much right now, it really boosts our offence. Super excited for this team now!
Has there been no camp yet?
We will see. Kulich, gut, mysak and Novak should create some offence. I like brabenec and rysavy. Definitely enough to outscore lower nations. Big 5 our hope will be as counter punchers. Good goalies and D is better than good forwards and no D usually. Except for my Oilers.lol

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
We will see. Kulich, gut, mysak and Novak should create some offence. I like brabenec and rysavy. Definitely enough to outscore lower nations. Big 5 our hope will be as counter punchers. Good goalies and D is better than good forwards and no D usually. Except for my Oilers.lol
Ah yes Brabenec. He’s gotten much better as the season’s gone on. Pretty high skill player. Have mostly seen highlights.

Reactions: Czechboy

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
On paper, the team may look good, but it will still depend on the coach. And here I am not sure that Mlejnek has moved somewhere as a coach and has improved. I have the same problem at the WJC with Sweden.. on paper the top team, but the coach regularly sinks his team with the wrong composition of the attacks or selects the wrong special teams.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
On paper, the team may look good, but it will still depend on the coach. And here I am not sure that Mlejnek has moved somewhere as a coach and has improved. I have the same problem at the WJC with Sweden.. on paper the top team, but the coach regularly sinks his team with the wrong composition of the attacks or selects the wrong special teams.
Certainly. Coaching has always been a major problem for Czechs. They’ve had some decent rosters on paper over the last 15 years, and nothing ever came of it.
Slovaks, Germans(a couple times), and especially Swiss, have steadily had better results with lesser or equivalent rosters. For me, it’s been one of the most frustrating things.
This year, special teams will have to be good to stay competitive.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Certainly. Coaching has always been a major problem for Czechs. They’ve had some decent rosters on paper over the last 15 years, and nothing ever came of it.
Slovaks, Germans(a couple times), and especially Swiss, have steadily had better results with lesser or equivalent rosters. For me, it’s been one of the most frustrating things.
This year, special teams will have to be good to stay competitive.
We won't be a big threat at 5 on 5. Have to keep it close, hope for a good PK (which should be doable) and then hope for a very good PP (which is 50-50 as we do have some talent).

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
A couple of thoughts of mine prior to the camp roster reveal, which should happen any time now-
- hope Tomas Machu gets invited, prone to a couple poor giveaways per game, but I think the good outweighs the bad and at least he is capable of making plays, compared to vanilla defensemen like Moravec, Tichacek or Hradek.
- don't think Kulich should be guaranteed a spot, stats aren't everything, he didn't look that great at the U20 tournament. I guess he will probably make it, but not sure he is ready to make much impact at this level.
- wonder whether Hamara and Sapovaliv get invited. Not putting my hopes up, but I would like to see both at the camp at least. Hamara played reasonably well for the U20 team, had more impact than Kulich.
- how many Litomerice players make it? Kolacek should be nearly a lock, but him aside, Litomerice don't have much to offer. Hard to believe they would only nominate one player though, would show what a joke the Litomerice project really is.
- can't wait to see what key player gets injured in the first game this time.

Reactions: Voodoozz

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
A couple of thoughts of mine prior to the camp roster reveal, which should happen any time now-
- hope Tomas Machu gets invited, prone to a couple poor giveaways per game, but I think the good outweighs the bad and at least he is capable of making plays, compared to vanilla defensemen like Moravec, Tichacek or Hradek.
- don't think Kulich should be guaranteed a spot, stats aren't everything, he didn't look that great at the U20 tournament. I guess he will probably make it, but not sure he is ready to make much impact at this level.
- wonder whether Hamara and Sapovaliv get invited. Not putting my hopes up, but I would like to see both at the camp at least. Hamara played reasonably well for the U20 team, had more impact than Kulich.
- how many Litomerice players make it? Kolacek should be nearly a lock, but him aside, Litomerice don't have much to offer. Hard to believe they would only nominate one player though, would show what a joke the Litomerice project really is.
- can't wait to see what key player gets injured in the first game this time.
WTF

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
upload_2021-12-9_2-41-30.png

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Sounds like a double announcemet tomorrow - Karlaja team and Junior wider nomination

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Brankáři (3):
Daniel Král (Benátky nad Jizerou), Jan Bednář (Acadie-Bathurst, QMJHL), Jakub Málek (Vsetín).

Obránci (9):
Matěj Pinkas (Litoměřice), David Jiříček (Plzeň), Jakub Šedivý (Benátky nad Jizerou), David Moravec (Mladá Boleslav), Michal Hrádek (Pardubice), Jiří Ticháček (Kladno), Michael Krutil (Rockford, AHL), Stanislav Svozil (Regina, WHL), David Špaček (Sherbrooke, QMJHL).

Útočníci (16):
Josef Koláček, Tomáš Urban (oba Litoměřice), Jakub Konečný (Sparta Praha), Sebastián Malát (Plzeň), Tomáš Chlubna (České Budějovice), Vojtěch Jiruš (Benátky nad Jizerou), Jiří Kulich (Karlovy Vary), Stanislav Vrhel (Lahti, Finsko), Jaroslav Chmelař (Jokerit Helsinky, Finsko), Jakub Kos (Ilves Tampere, Finsko), Michal Gut (Everett, WHL), Martin Ryšavý (Moose Jaw, WHL), Jan Myšák (Hamilton, OHL), Pavel Novák (Kelowna, WHL), Ivan Ivan (Cape Breton, QMJHL), Jakub Brabenec (Charlottetown, QMJHL).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad