WJC: 2022 Czech Republic Roster talk

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Looks like Czech d gets even stronger with David Spacek playing great in the Q.
Yeah he’s playing great!
Looks like he didn’t play many games last year. Maybe injured.
But right now he’s making a strong case to make the team and maybe even get drafted if he keeps it up

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Yeah he’s playing great!
Looks like he didn’t play many games last year. Maybe injured.
But right now he’s making a strong case to make the team and maybe even get drafted if he keeps it up
I admit I'd never heard of him before this season. Him and Moravec seem to be getting better and better.

I do wonder what it says about Czech hockey when one of the coaches of the national team is sending his son to the CHL? Pretty telling to me.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Spacek is still on a great pace. He is eligible for us, right?

I saw a happy bday message to Marcel Marcel and noticed we have an Ivan Ivan.. when do we see a Jagr Jagr?

Reactions: czechcanadian

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Any chance for Eduard Sale?
He will definitely get invited to camp but I think it would be an uphill battle for him to make it. He’d probably end up having to push out a pretty good 2002 born or make it in front of one of the 2004 kids. I wonder, are expanded rosters going to be continued from last year? If that’s the case, no reason for him to not be a guy who can be taken as a depth forward and rotate in if coaches see fit.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Mysak - Kulich - Novak
Kos - Gut - Rysavy
Stehlík - Konecny - Chlubna
Macháček - Brabenec - Sale
Szturc

Svozil - Jiricek
Krutil - Hamara
Moravec - Spacek
Machu

Bednar
Malik
Hamrla

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Mysak - Kulich - Novak
Kos - Gut - Rysavy
Stehlík - Konecny - Chlubna
Macháček - Brabenec - Sale
Szturc

Svozil - Jiricek
Krutil - Hamara
Moravec - Spacek
Machu

Bednar
Malik
Hamrla
I'm guessing you are damn close! Love that D. Happy with G. No idea which forward will score.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I'm guessing you are damn close! Love that D. Happy with G. No idea which forward will score.
I think that the first attack will be played by Kulich Konečný, I guess they played in the preparatory matches and it was the only attack that was able to assert itself even against good teams. I would like Kulich to be able to make it to the team, but it's hard to say how much he will push himself. In my opinion, Šalé will not be in the team, he will probably not even get a chance in the last tournament before the championship.
The defense looks good, I just think that there will be Hrádek, who regularly plays for Pardubice. Maybe it won't be at Hamara's expense.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I think that the first attack will be played by Kulich Konečný, I guess they played in the preparatory matches and it was the only attack that was able to assert itself even against good teams. I would like Kulich to be able to make it to the team, but it's hard to say how much he will push himself. In my opinion, Šalé will not be in the team, he will probably not even get a chance in the last tournament before the championship.
The defense looks good, I just think that there will be Hrádek, who regularly plays for Pardubice. Maybe it won't be at Hamara's expense.
I hope Kulich makes it so I can see him! I keep hearing really nice things about him but have yet to see him. I was on vacation during Hlinka and haven't seen one second of a Energie game this season. I really miss those U17 and world challenge type tourneys this time of year on TSN.

It sounds like we have too many good D! I wish our Olympic team had this problem.

Hamara is finally playing... looks like he is playing in the actual Liiga as a 17 year old. He was. .5ppg in the Finn U20. You might be right though, 17 at start of tourney.. maybe he's cut. I hope not!

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
If Sale had even an outside chance to make the team, he would have played with the U20 team at the recent tournament, and not with the U18 squad instead. He's not making it, nor should. Playing in terrible Czech junior league and he might not even be the best Czech 05-born.

Reactions: hellwar9 and kudla

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
If Sale had even an outside chance to make the team, he would have played with the U20 team at the recent tournament, and not with the U18 squad instead. He's not making it, nor should. Playing in terrible Czech junior league and he might not even be the best Czech 05-born.
According to statistics, he was better than Petr in the last tournament. Then there are the U17 players, who were undoubtedly better than half of the U18 team, I think the whole first attack.
Personally, I think that no one will get another chance now, Kulich was the best from U18 and younger and we will all be happy if at least he gets to the WCHJ nomination. Our coaches tend to be very conservative, the attack will definitely be weak, 3 years younger players do not have much influence on the game in juniors.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
why is there doubt that kulich would not make it? He is the best u20 czech in extraliga. 9 points in 20 games. Its crazy if he dont make it. Who is gonna have his spot, some grinder with 4 games of pro experiance in his belt?
Always keep in mind that I use a compiler and not everything may be interpreted accurately.
I write what I think will happen in the Czech hockey environment, not what I personally would like ..
In my opinion, Kulich will make the team, he was the best player at HGC and he got a chance in U20. With a really bad level of attack, it can be assumed that his participation in the WCH.
Šalé is a year younger, he got the opportunity only in two U18 tournaments, where he did not disappoint, but also did not dazzle due to team failure. His position is certainly much more difficult. One tournament and team training remain until the nomination. As I write, Czech hockey is very conservative, young players have a difficult position and I would be surprised if Šalé was even called to the last tournament before the championship. If he doesn't, there's practically no chance of him joining the team.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
upload_2021-11-17_15-14-27.png

Kulich was 4th in minutes for forwards today against Jagr and co. Not bad.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
It seems that D. Moravec is falling a bit in development, I think he has been missing from Mladá Boleslav several times. It's hard to say how he plays this season, but it's not very good either. We have to hope that in the end we will build a good defense, on which the performance of the whole team will mainly depend.

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
Button has no clue, Jiricek is easily a top 3 in this draft. I have him ranked 1st overall personally.
As much as I like Jiricek, I don't think top 3 is realistic for him in the upcoming draft, probably not even top 5.

As far as ceiling/potential goes, he's as promising as anyone in the draft, especially offensively. However he's a a long term project in regard to his D-zone play, which he needs to improve dramatically to play in the NHL.

He's got to become calmer with the puck in the D-zone and needs to read when to move against the player and when to stand his ground. It's been a common occurence with him so far this year.

I think it's party because Extraliga is a very tough league to play in for such young defenseman, it's a physical league with an emphasis on board play and strong puck protection, not much of transition hockey in most games, so David logging in 18-21 minutes every 2 or 3 days may take it's toll in the long season.

IMO he goes somewhere around 10th place, maybe a little lower. Personally I want him to end up in good club which won't rush him and will have patience with his development, so a lower draft position than expected isn't an issue for me.

Last edited:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Spacek is still over a .ppg as a D in the Q. That is encouraging.

Reason for the post... Who is Jakub Hujer? Seems to be doing quite well in the Q.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Spacek is still over a .ppg as a D in the Q. That is encouraging.

Reason for the post... Who is Jakub Hujer? Seems to be doing quite well in the Q.
I just saw him at HGC, a fairly solid player, but no elite skills. Maybe it has the potential to grow, it's always a guess for an uncertain future for these big players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad