Olympics: 2022 Beijing Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvis P

I got 9 lives, cat's eyes
Dec 10, 2007
Black Sabbath
"U.S. considering joining boycott of 2022 Beijing Olympics, State Department says

CH

Jul 30, 2003
Visit site

I was looking for potential Olympic teams to compare with the one I picked. My team has one more forward and one more defenceman than yours but is rather similar.

The discrepancies are that I have Steve Stamkos and Ryan O'Reilly at forward omitting Jonathan Huberdeau. On defence I have Drew Doughty, Shea Theodore and Kris Letang omitting Josh Morrissey and Morgan Rielly. In goal I have Marc Andre Fleury in place of Carter Hart.

Sep 19, 2008
They start tomorrow. Given, it's curling at 7 AM EST but still. Opening ceremony Friday.

Also Canada plays tomorrow night in women's hockey if you are all interested.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Jesus, as soon as I post that a Finnish player slew-foots an American player and clearly broke her leg or ankle.

...was Decker, the #1c

Last edited:

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
How many will get Covid?

Laughable that these games are being held in China of all places. Already a huge number of athletes who won’t be allowed to participate. There will be more.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I f***ing love watching curling. I love it so much

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Ice dance just won’t be the same without Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir.

I think figure skating in general won't be the same for me. They're my all-time favorite figure skaters and watching the start of team figure skating in these olympics got me all nostalgic and I went on youtube to watch Tessa and Scott's old olympic performances and they were so amazing. Definitely won't be the same without them competing in this olympics. :(

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
A beautiful ceremony even though the flame could have been a bit bigger.

When they put the torch in the middle of the snowflake, I kept thinking OK what's next that's going to totally blow us away and then when nothing else happened I was like hmmmm OK. Still good, but didn't expect it to end right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad