Olympics: 2022 Beijing Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Makar19

Dec 5, 2019
Walter was better and well deserved. Faster. Perfect jumps.

Kingsbury better techical but time was too slow .

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Salty canadians. Kingsbury were lucky to even be in the final. Walter won by a landslide. Deserved as hell.

I don't have a problem with Wallberg winning (he was great), but anybody who has watched moguls skiing before knows the bolded comments are just delusional. Kingsbury was the better technical skier in every round. Wallberg was faster. In the end, the extra score for speed was the difference.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Walter was better and well deserved. Faster. Perfect jumps.

Kingsbury better techical but time was too slow .

Agree. The jury valued speed very high here obviously. I don’t know if that’s correct but i take it.

I don't have a problem with Wallberg winning (he was great), but anybody who has watched moguls skiing before knows the bolded comments are just delusional. Kingsbury was the better technical skier in every round. Wallberg was faster. In the end, the extra score for speed was the difference.

Kingsbury is a legend in this sport but he probably had a disadvantage not being the last one out in the final. He didn’t know he had to be very fast so he tried to just get everything right technically instead of being fast. But yeah this sport is kind of strange. It’s a bit like wrestling where you don’t really know how the jury are going to set the points.

I’m just happy for Walter since he has struggled hard with a cruciate ligament keeping him out for 22 months.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Good “first” day for Norway in the Corona Games. I guess we should be happy the Olympics aren’t in Canada - the only place it could be worse than this. Could have had hundreds of thousands watching events in a Norway/Sweden Olympics instead.

Men’s cross country I guess is a fairly healthy event in the sense that except Kruger, who would have been arguable the favourite considering how good he is on high altitude, the best are there. So that will be a cool event tomorrow I think.

Usually Downhill is one of my favourite events, but what a joke of a hill that is. A bit similar to the Biathlon stadium. Wind is fine, but not when it becomes a lottery. Which it will be for most events apparently as it is “always” windy there.

Happy days :laugh:

The hill in China has 220 feet (67 meters) more vertical drop than the one in South Korea.

There is an Olympic minimum and both downhills exceeded it.

I believe that it being used for the first time evens out the competition versus a known hill like Innsbruck.

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011
For Germany it's looking grim. Either out of shape or retired with nothing coming after. Where are the athletes that were inspired by the greats of yesteryear? This is easily the worst generation since I follow the sport (80s).

The talent pool got smaller and smaller every year. The last athletes who had discovered the GDR sport system are gone. They had the chance to take over some of the funding principle. But unfortunately that was not wanted, because of the authoritarian system GDR had.

Last edited:

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
The talent pool got smaller and smaller every year. The last athletes who had discovered the GDR sport system are gone. They had the chance to take over some of the funding principle. But unfortunately that was not wanted, because of the authoritarian system GDR had.
But even without the easterners you had athletes like Angerer, Fritz Fischer, Greis, Disl, Behle, Glagow, Neuner, Dahlmeier etc who were competitive or stars. I don't see that quality now.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Men's slopestyle tonight, taking:

- Mark McMorris +300
- Marcus Kleveland +450
- Renne Rinnekangas +1800

Probably taking two fliers on Sven Thorgren and Dusty Henricksen at +2500 and +2200

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014

Gal_807-Rene-Rinnekangas-3rd-SS-12March-2021-Aspen-FIS-Champs-@ussnowboardteam.jpg

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Salty canadians. Kingsbury were lucky to even be in the final. Walter won by a landslide. Deserved as hell.

I thought Kingsbury and Walter were fairly close. Could easily see the Swede winning so that seemed legit. The guy who got Bronze though was completely out of control in the middle section after his first jump. I was shocked he had as high of a score as he did. Thought he should have been 6th.

Oct 18, 2006
I thought Kingsbury and Walter were fairly close. Could easily see the Swede winning so that seemed legit. The guy who got Bronze though was completely out of control in the middle section after his first jump. I was shocked he had as high of a score as he did. Thought he should have been 6th.
100% agree.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
A guy named Wenger is competing in the skating? Lets go Wenger. Hope he gets the silver behind Nils based on name alone.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Not a whole lot going right for Canada in the early goings of these Olympics. That was tough to see for Justine.

Edit: annnnd another Canadian girl crashing on the moguls.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hockeyfrilla

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
How is Canada getting destroyed by the last place Australian team in mixed doubles curling after they won such a hard fought victory over the Czechs earlier??!!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad