NFL GDT: 2022 AFC Wild Card Round: (4) Jacksonville Jaguars vs (5) Los Angeles Chargers

JAX vs LAC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I was working and missed this comeback

Crazy turn of events

Chargers as always just a disappointment and there is no way in hell you can justify bringing coaching staff back after this debacle.

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
The craziest thing about the comeback is that the Chargers didn’t turn the ball over. They couldn’t stop the Jaguars on either side of the ball…after the Jags stopped themselves over and over in the first half. It’s rare to be able to definitely say this in a game where one team was up 27 points….but the better team won.

Chargers didn’t actually do much

Chargers lost the game by going stupid.

They took terrible penalties to give life to Jaguars

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Is it time to have the “is Herbert overrated” chat? This is NOT to say he isn’t a franchise QB but even this last week I’m listening to an NFL pod and they are gushing about him being second only to perhaps Mahomes in the league. I’ve never seen a QB who has won so little get such a huge pass time and time again when things don’t workout for his team.

Yes Staley sucks calling plays, yes he’s different when Williams is healthy - but the facts are last night when all the chips were down…he wasn’t that good? He was getting multiple passes batted down, sailing deep balls and I just don’t see the same intensity and “it” quality leadership that guys like Mahomes, Allen and Burrow just inherently radiate.

He’s got a beautiful arm and is wildly praised by stat-heads for his decision making but I think some of that is actually helped but Staley’s dumb conservative offense. Am I totally off the rails here for having him a tier below those other guys still?

Last edited:
Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Is it time to have the “is Herbert overrated” chat? This is NOT to say he isn’t a franchise QB but even this last week I’m listening to an NFL pod and they are gushing about him being second only to perhaps Mahomes in the league. I’ve never seen a QB who has won so little get such a huge pass time and time again when things don’t workout for his team.

Yes Staley sucks calling plays, yes he’s different when Williams is healthy - but the facts are last night when all the chips were down…he wasn’t that good? He was getting multiple passes batted down, sailing deep balls and I just don’t see the same intensity and “it” quality leadership that guys like Mahomes, Allen and Burrow just inherently radiate.

He’s got a beautiful arm and is wildly praised by stat-heads for his decision making but I think some of that is actually helped but Staley’s dumb conservative offense. Am I totally off the rails here for having him a tier below those other guys still?

Herbert has done historic things during his NFL start.

It’s not his fault the defense is bleeding.

They scored 30 points and missed a field goal.
That should have been enough

RCGP2

Mar 8, 2018
Herbert has done historic things during his NFL start.

It’s not his fault the defense is bleeding.

They scored 30 points and missed a field goal.
That should have been enough
Scored 30 points from gifted field position

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

& it should have been enough.

Their defense and coaching cost them the camd, nog Herbert.

He wasn’t elite last night but he was good enough for Chargers to win

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC

What do you want Herbert to do? Ask the refs to start them at their own 25?

He made some great throws yesterday and his team scored 30 points. He didn't really make any mistakes. He's one of the last guys who should be blamed for this loss.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
If there's a problem with Herbert it's that the Chargers are too in love with the passing game because of the luxury of having him. There's no excuse to have him drop back 46 times compared to 23 runs in a game you're winning throughout (and by a lot for much of it). He didn't turn it over but there just wasn't enough game management from the Chargers' staff down the stretch, it takes some doing to blow a 27-0 lead without the hinderance of a turnover.

Point reaffirmed:

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

You ask this like some of us haven't been talking about it since he was in college. ;)

Reactions: BKarchitect

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

He made some great throws yesterday and his team scored 30 points. He didn't really make any mistakes. He's one of the last guys who should be blamed for this loss.
I’d say Herbert did all you can ask of a QB in the first half, but he greatly disappointed in the second half. He’s want bad in the sense of turning the ball over, but he also stopped getting first downs. The Chargers had the ball four times in the second half, but three of those possessions didn’t last very long. Herbert failing to make plays to extend drives allowed the Jags to come back.

RCGP2

Mar 8, 2018

Have some sustained drives when up 27-0? I don't feel like that too much to ask.

I didn't say it was his fault either, him scoring "30 points" is without context though.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I’d say Herbert did all you can ask of a QB in the first half, but he greatly disappointed in the second half. He’s want bad in the sense of turning the ball over, but he also stopped getting first downs. The Chargers had the ball four times in the second half, but three of those possessions didn’t last very long. Herbert failing to make plays to extend drives allowed the Jags to come back.

I mean, his protection was starting to fall apart and if his kicker makes a 40-yard FG, he wins the game and we're talking about the Chargers almost charging instead of Super Charger 3. The Jags had long drives as well.

He wasn't sensational but I have no reservations about saying he was pretty much blameless. Was that 15 yard rush in the second half? That was a great decision but I don't think anything came of it for the Chargers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad