Prospect Info: [2022 - 92nd] Adam Engstrom (SHL - Rogle BK)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Was Engstrom drafted in the CHL import draft by any chance?

I believe the only European prospects currently in the system that have been drafted in the CHL Import Draft are Slaf (Erie), Mesar (Kitchener) & Dichow (Sudbury).

Dichow was even supposed to come play here in 2019-20, but the OHL cancelled the whole season. So he ended up going back to Europe. And we can't say it wasn't the right move as he had a great year and is now in the SHL.

All other European prospects: Kapanen, Engstrom, Nurmi, Gordin, and Kostenko were never drafted in the CHL.

We already have Sobolev playing in Windsor.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Really really nice. Really excited to see his development. I mean look how easily, effortless and quite fast he reaches the spot he is when he shoots....

Reactions: Sagikev and bopeep

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I've seen that Engstrom hasn't been in the lineup the past 2 times with the SHL club, not that I expected him to make the team as they have been one of the top teams in the SHL (along with Frolunda). Will be interesting to see what happens with him since his contract in Sweden ends in April, if he has a strong year will they want him to be Laval bound in '23-'24 or see him get some time in the SHL first since they have 4 years to sign him and Laval is likely going to be very crowded on the blueline.

Reactions: bopeep

habsprospects

Nov 24, 2003
Sherbrooke, QC
habsprospects.com
I've seen that Engstrom hasn't been in the lineup the past 2 times with the SHL club, not that I expected him to make the team as they have been one of the top teams in the SHL (along with Frolunda). Will be interesting to see what happens with him since his contract in Sweden ends in April, if he has a strong year will they want him to be Laval bound in '23-'24 or see him get some time in the SHL first since they have 4 years to sign him and Laval is likely going to be very crowded on the blueline.
Found out today that he was away for an U20 4-nations tournament this week.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Found out today that he was away for an U20 4-nations tournament this week.

Nice.

I saw he only played yesterday and today (they also played on Thursday, but he wasn't in the line-up for that). Yesterday, Sweden beat Slovakia 11-1 and Engstrom had 1 assist. Today, Sweden beat Finland 3-2, no points for Engstrom.

Looking forward to reading @Goldenhands report.

habsprospects

Nov 24, 2003
Sherbrooke, QC
habsprospects.com
Nice.

I saw he only played yesterday and today (they also played on Thursday, but he wasn't in the line-up for that). Yesterday, Sweden beat Slovakia 11-1 and Engstrom had 1 assist. Today, Sweden beat Finland 3-2, no points for Engstrom.
The boxcore says he played on Thursday, two shots on net : Leijonat Tulospalvelu

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
Started as the 7th defenseman and ended up on the 2nd pairing today against the Finns, will comment after watching that game but I liked the little I saw from this kid so far.
Just wondering if you were going to follow that train of thought and comment further...

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Just wondering if you were going to follow that train of thought and comment further...
Something went wrong with the zoom of the recording and the game was barely watchable, so players impossible to assess.

Reactions: bopeep

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
Something went wrong with the zoom of the recording and the game was barely watchable, so players impossible to assess.
I'm looking forward to the next opportunity to see him play... late climbing, under the radar kind of pick that hopefully could pay dividends down the road

Reactions: Goldenhands

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad