GDT: 2022-23 season game 8 LA Kings vs Tampa Bay Lightning @7:30pm 10/25/22

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Sick again. There is a nasty stomach bug going around the DC suburbs right now. If he picked that up, then the Kings are going to be having lots of players out over the next week. My entire house of 5 had it 2 weeks ago. Every other day someone was nauseous or vomiting. Hits quickly and lasts 24-36 hours. One local high school had 1,000 kids out of 2,000 out sick with it on Monday. I think they are doing tests to find out exactly what it is.
sorry to hear that, this is the shits. ;)

I thought Bjornfot did not require waivers?

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Odd that the one & only guy to ignore the little kid (no fist bump, high 5, head tap, etc.) was DD8 -- and the kid was wearing whose jersey: DD8. I'm sure it wasn't on purpose or anything nefarious like that. But still, bad look DD.
how do you know DD wasn't the first one to do it and maybe it was well before they started recording?

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Sometimes there's things about Kempe that remind me of Gaborik. He did nothing all game, then suddenly shows a quick flash of skill that results in a goal. Gabby used to do that too.

He doesn't have the soft hands around the net that Gaborik had, but he does have that lethal quick strike ability.

Kempe has quietly developed one of the best releases in the league.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
JAD wasn't replacing Arvidsson in the lineup. There no chance a coach like TM is putting a guy that hasn't played yet onto a top couple lines just because he's young.
I didn't say have JAD replace Arvidsson. I said he got less than 8 minutes in the only game he's been able to play, which was only because Arvidsson was sick.

Considering Arvidsson averages 16 minutes a night, and JAD only got 7:31, you can see where maybe a couple more minutes of ice time would be available without "replacing" Arvidsson, right?

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Fiala pissed Hedman off to the extent I thought for sure the next time he was in his orbit, Hedman was going to get really dirty.

Vilardi too, he shrugged Hedman off a couple of times.

Still a magnificent dman but starting to show his age a little bit, getting frustrated when players muscle/skate him.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I didn't say have JAD replace Arvidsson. I said he got less than 8 minutes in the only game he's been able to play, which was only because Arvidsson was sick.

Considering Arvidsson averages 16 minutes a night, and JAD only got 7:31, you can see where maybe a couple more minutes of ice time would be available without "replacing" Arvidsson, right?

Which is what TM does. I wouldn't, but you just hope it works. Someone out there picked up Arvidsson's time.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Which is what TM does. I wouldn't, but you just hope it works. Someone out there picked up Arvidsson's time.
So you've caught up to the issue at hand. Veterans are overplayed to the point where it's risking a detriment. The younger players aren't shown trust. Even Vilardi, who has been among the best players, still got only 13:50 of ice time last night, which is slightly less than his average this season. And this is WITH Arvidsson out.

Byfield doesn't look great: "his 10:03 is earned."
Top line doesn't look great and are hemmed in their zone: "need to give them 19+ minutes to work it out."

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
So you've caught up to the issue at hand. Veterans are overplayed to the point where it's risking a detriment. The younger players aren't shown trust. Even Vilardi, who has been among the best players, still got only 13:50 of ice time last night, which is slightly less than his average this season. And this is WITH Arvidsson out.

Top line doesn't look great and are hemmed in their zone: "need to give them 19+ minutes to work it out."
this x 18

Reactions: KINGS17

YAYSAY

Feb 18, 2016

Obviously Kempe got that dagger goal and Kopi assisted which I feel like makes some people scrub away their whole game, but they shouldn't. 1st line looked really brutal at times last night. Feel like they've been losing their matchups this season way more often than they've been winning them. They'll still have a few shifts a game where Fiala puts on a clinic, but that's been few and far in-between. Hopefully they can sort it out or make some changes to make everyone more effective.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Obviously Kempe got that dagger goal and Kopi assisted which I feel like makes some people scrub away their whole game, but they shouldn't. 1st line looked really brutal at times last night. Feel like they've been losing their matchups this season way more often than they've been winning them. They'll still have a few shifts a game where Fiala puts on a clinic, but that's been few and far in-between. Hopefully they can sort it out or make some changes to make everyone more effective.

Kopi's line was like -20 Corsi rel. Fiala was the best at -15.

mysterman2

Jul 11, 2020
So Cal

Kopis lack of speed apparent- may explain the adjustment period for Fiala.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Depends on what you're talking about. Players might peak overall at 28, but their offense is generally at its best in their early 20's. For most guys.
In the politest way i would disagree, your body isn't even fully grown in the early 20's
McDavids output was constantly rising since they started in the NHL, so was Draisaitl.

Would you have an example of a player scoring in the early 20's and then lowering from let's say age of 24?

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

I wonder if you looked at points per minute where Vilardi would rank among the NHL's top scorers right now.

Indeed. I am personally ready for the line blender.

Reactions: Lt Dan

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I wonder if you looked at points per minute where Vilardi would rank among the NHL's top scorers right now.
He's 22nd among all players in points/60, which is 4.33.

Incidentally, Alex Iafallo leads the Kings with 4.83 points/60, which is 18th highest among all players.

You'll never guess which former Kings draft pick is currently leading with 6.51 points/60.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
He's 22nd among all players in points/60, which is 4.33.

Incidentally, Alex Iafallo leads the Kings with 4.83 points/60, which is 18th highest among all players.

You'll never guess which former Kings draft pick is currently leading with 6.51 points/60.
It's not Bernier, is it?

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I have wanted to see Fiala - Byfield - Arvidsson since the trade. Vilardi is exactly where he should have been all along. Shame Iafallo got hurt, but to be perfectly honest, Grundstrom should be up with Kopitar and Kempe right now. His spacing is much, much more suited for Anze than Fiala, and he has an offensive ability that could be nurtured.

No Name The Nameless

Feb 15, 2019
Tornado Alley
I really think it will come for QB, much in the way that GV and AK have figured things out. Completely agree that the team needs to really reinforce what he's doing well and keep pushing him in those directions. It's clear to me that he's not ready for 1/2 line duties yet. Still has a year or two of development time in the NHL before he makes a much larger impact. You can't teach what this kid has, though. That's the best part. I'm more worried about how bad he wants it.
Can you teach him that he has it?

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Fiala - Danault - Vilardi
Moore - Byfield - Kempe
Grundstrom/Iafallo - Kopitar - Arvidsson
Lemieux - Liz - Kaliyev
JAD

Reactions: KINGS17

Ad

Upcoming events